117 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Pass me the Raid - Hated it!
    • < Spike's face of disapproval > - Disliked it
    • My feels have all been drained - Meh
    • Feelings Forum fixed my soup! - Liked it
    • OMG there are two Deer Bug Pones? SQUEEE - Loved it

Just now, Stardust Balance said:

Yeah, what they've should've done in season six. You're a little late on the uptake Hasbro!

Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Starlight season doesn't feature Starlight enough. ^_^

34 minutes ago, Thief of Hours said:

This was a lighter, softer and more ponified way to telling the Mandalore arc of Star Wars the Clone Wars. I like it.

I can't believe I missed this! Yes this episode definitely had a few similarities from that arc. 

1 minute ago, Ganondox said:

This was way better than I was expecting, I like Pharynx. One thing I don't get though is with the Maulwurf, how did they know Pharynx would be fighting it out there? 

I took it as Thorax knowing his brother well, and knowing that he wouldn't leave the hive defenseless. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

This was way better than I was expecting, I like Pharynx. One thing I don't get though is with the Maulwurf, how did they know Pharynx would be fighting it out there? 

I guess they went with the logic that Pharynx would be actively seeking out the monster because he thirsts for battle.

• Brohoof 1

Both explanations make sense, the main thing is there seemed to be a loop or two more in the Maulwurf plot than was necessary. 

Also, the fact that Spike is missing from this episode shows that Starlight is much closer friends with both Trixie and Thorax than she is with him, seems to be the only reason he wouldn't be brought along.

Edited by Ganondox

1 minute ago, Stardust Balance said:

I guess they went with the logic that Pharynx would be actively seeking out the monster because he thirsts for battle.

Pharynx is Klingon confirmed. 

1v6pxm.jpg

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Stardust Balance said:

Yeah, what they've should've done in season six. You're a little late on the uptake Hasbro!

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Starlight season doesn't feature Starlight enough. ^_^

Gotta agree there. S6 was crucial for Starlight's growth, yet was missing in episodes except when the plot demanded it. And even when they did, she sucked in a few of them. They coulda plugged her in in Dungeons & Discord, and it would've worked fine. S7 has done a much better job plugging her in, and at a much more frequent rate with better-quality appearances all around.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Also, the fact that Spike is missing from this episode shows that Starlight is much closer friends with both Trixie and Thorax than she is with him, seems to be the only reason he wouldn't be brought along.

I wouldn't go that far. In a little over a week I will be hanging out with one of the Admins here in Orlando, and that doesn't mean that I am not close or closer with anyone else that is in our friendship group just because they are absent. Adults don't always hang out as a unified group. 

Just now, Jeric said:

I wouldn't go that far. In a little over a week I will be hanging out with one of the Admins here in Orlando, and that doesn't mean that I am not close or closer with anyone else that is in our friendship group just because they are absent. Adults don't always hang out as a unified group. 

It's just likely Spike was busy with other things.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Gotta agree there. S6 was crucial for Starlight's growth, yet was missing in episodes except when the plot demanded it. And even when they did, she sucked in a few of them. They coulda plugged her in in Dungeons & Discord, and it would've worked fine. S7 has done a much better job plugging her in, and at a much more frequent rate with better-quality appearances all around.

Exactly. She also could appear in buckball season.

It's just likely Spike was busy with other things.

And the beginning stated they both agreed to visit Thorax as a surprise, suggesting it was impromptu.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Hierok said:

Exactly. She also could appear in buckball season.

Hell, even plugging her into the background would've done wonders. Would make her feel like an organic part of Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

It feels like he's been busy with other things most of the season. Even Thorax has had more development this season. 

In fairness Spike has had plenty of development episodes over the course of the show. It makes sense Thorax would get more this season to show the inner struggles and burden of changing a formerly malicious society.

Edited by Stardust Balance
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

Hell, even plugging her into the background would've done wonders. Would make her feel like an organic part of Ponyville.

Indeed, like the way she was in Fluttershy leans in. Just helping in the background is all I needed her doing in s6.

• Brohoof 2

A girly trip... To visit a guy friend. No I imagine Spike was mostly like preoccupied with chores and stuff.

But at the start Trixie said they had been popping all over equestria - so maybe they were having a girly trip out, and decided to drop in on Thorax?

1 minute ago, Stardust Balance said:

In fairness Spike has had plenty of development episodes over the course of the show. It makes sense Thorax would get more this season to show the inner struggles and burden of changing a formerly malicious society.

Like what? I don't see how he's changed since season 1. When has he had development?

Edited by VG_Addict