Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Teenage bronies

Ponyboy sodapop

Hello I am a 16 years old Brony and I timhibk being a brony is hardest on my age, I can't go to cons or collect pony stuff, and I am still at school so telling everyone I am a brony will have me a hard time anypony here with my own situation

• Brohoof 1

My parents know, and they're okay with it, since they attributed it to me having more positive feelings (and believe it or not, it does give me positive feelings) and a Walmart checkout employee. (I bought merchandice, with silence a few people with the same line, that was the longest 2 minutes of my life.)

• Brohoof 3

@Ponyboy sodapop

Considering the theme of this thread it fits better in Sugarcube Corner, so moving it there. Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

When I became a brony 4 years ago now I was 14. Luckily I had some friends that were also bronies, and my friends that weren't were cool with it, so I didn't have too much of a bad time.

Considering a lot of the kids at my school left me alone unless they needed something from me (they'd usually ask me to hack their MyMaths homework and give me a quid or two, or something like that), I didn't really have a hard time.

But I do see your point. You aren't an independent adult, so it is nigh on impossible to go to a con without everyone knowing.

• Brohoof 1

@Ponyboy sodapop

Ok first of all if your username  is an Outsiders reference kudos 

Secondly, I am going to give you some advice. At 16 you are about to become a man by many societies standards. However, manhood is not something you just get. You earn in. How do you earn it? Well that is in the eyes of the men around you. But one thing that is an almost demanded part of manhood is the ability to take being tested and push back. Do not let others around you make you ashamed of what you enjoy. Now that does not mean that you are required to share it with them. Just don't be so scared of it being found out. Enjoy what you enjoy and if people give you crap ask yourself why do you care about their opinion? Why does there word matter to you? In short buck up kid you can do this and remember the people that make fun of you likely have way more embarrassing stuff that they hide then liking a TV show. 

33 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Ponyboy sodapop

Ok first of all if your username  is an Outsiders reference kudos 

Secondly, I am going to give you some advice. At 16 you are about to become a man by many societies standards. However, manhood is not something you just get. You earn in. How do you earn it? Well that is in the eyes of the men around you. But one thing that is an almost demanded part of manhood is the ability to take being tested and push back. Do not let others around you make you ashamed of what you enjoy. Now that does not mean that you are required to share it with them. Just don't be so scared of it being found out. Enjoy what you enjoy and if people give you crap ask yourself why do you care about their opinion? Why does there word matter to you? In short buck up kid you can do this and remember the people that make fun of you likely have way more embarrassing stuff that they hide then liking a TV show. 

You are right, my best friends already know and they take it ok, but I won't tell my family unless is necessary 

yeah my name it's an outsiders reference, is one of my favorite books and I though it would be funny naming my oc ponyboy without them noticing it's a outsiders reference 

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, I'm 14 and well its cool and all, but yeah getting stuff or going out to cons or even finding others who like the show is hard (although my friend is getting into it thanks to me) 

EDIT: friend is no longer gonna watch, it just isn't his thing. but oh well i'm not gonna force him 

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper

It okay, just go with the flow, keep the secret to yourself, and live what years you have left of your teenage hood. If you want to tell one of your parents that your a brony, moms tend to be a little more calm on the subject.

Yeah, I'd be considered a teenage brony. I was 14 when I started watching the show.

Edited by Cash In

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a teenage Pegasister and I never care what anyone thinks of me for it. I like what I like and to hell with anyone who can't get behind that. If someone gets in my face about anything, I 'educate' them on why they shouldn't pick apart someone else's interests when they don't have a clue themselves. I love putting idiots like that under their own spotlight and making them analyze their own stupidity, it's funny as hell. 

I find it quite surprising that these conversations come up at all in this day and age. I got into MLP at age 13 in 2012. Back during the prime of the brony scene. From what I saw online this was far from uncommon and there were a lot of MLP fans around that age. I'd say I handled the situation pretty well. I got teased but never a punch thrown at me. It's amazing what simple confidence can do.