Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Royce's rudimentary electronic music thread.

And no, I am not referring to electronic DANCE music.

There's a direct hotline to miami, btw.

Have some Perturbator, Noir Deco and Carpenter Brut to start with.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/8/2017 at 4:45 AM, Mirage77 said:

I like it - but does this mean I can't share teh tranc3 r0x?

Nah, ya gotta share that sweet 80s Bladerunner, Escape from New York esque music my man.

KNOCK KNOCK, WHO'S THERE? DO YOU LIKE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE?

@Corvino you will fit right in here. Knock yourself out.

Edited by Guest

I am a huuge fan of Perturbator! I have heard all of his tracks and intend on buying them soon! However, some of his gigs show how unpopular this music genre is:

"My worst gig was in Poitiers (France), in a shitty hipster club, the minute i started, opening with "Future Club", everyone left the place (no joke here). And i finished the whole 1 hour set in front of like 3 guys. Seriously. People came back once i got off stage, because the resident DJ played an avicii track." -Perturbator

This is my favorite track from him: 

Oh, and I also have to give credit to a new talent from my country! Just listen to this:

Spoiler

Edited by Corvino

Easy 10/10 how is it that Protector 101 just happens to be one of my favourite artists? The ambient feeling in some of their tracks is just sublime! Makes us puny humans look insignificant. :catface:

Yeah, that's awesome. Almost posted that one but then decided to go with a less popular choice.

You have seen the live action Hotline Miami short film right? (Of course can't post it here for reasons.) This is the track used in it if anyone's wondering since it's not stated in the film. Why am I doing this? Because the track is fire!

Edited by Corvino

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, Carpenter Brut really brings the genre forward by mixing a lot of already popular themes into it, and besides, those drums give me the chills! Best cover of the song for sure!

And then there's the good ol' NES, brings me back to the days when I beat Metroid over and over as a kid. Never really played Marble Madness but eh, it's not that far away is it?

I don't know if you guys like me commenting on every track or not but I really like to give a piece of my experience with them, especially since there are no bad ones on this thread!

Now, my current favorite synth track, it is criminally underrated and from probably the best artist on the genre. (At least in my opinion!) The melody towards the middle is just chill inducing and totally brings you to an another galaxy entirely!

Edited by Corvino

You can't forget Kavinsky.

Nor Justice for that matter.

Edited by Guest

Pfft, how could I ever forget the biggest name on the game? Introduced me to one of the best movies ever made, too! 

Got some Justice going on there as well. You probably won't be that surprised when I say that Genesis is my favorite track from them? :D

Let's throw in something tense this time!

Edited by Corvino
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Gotta throw some Tokyo Rose in here as well.