Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What even is this ad?

FlitterFlutter

I agree it's not appropriate, though I don't think it's MLPF's fault. That's just what Google sees as appropriate to show, apparently.

Either way, that's an ad coming from Google, so ask them. :D  

There's an 'X' button in the upper right corner, so you can close it - You can select the reason of why you've closed that add - There's the 'Ad was inappropriate' option available. Sending these reports affect the way of how it's filtering these adds, so it decreases the chances of seeing that kind of stuff in future.

7 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

Usually, you get ads that the internet thinks you'd like based on what you've looked up before… ;)

That's true, though sometimes it tends to throw random things, so that you could discover new things. Sometimes I see ads of sites, that I don't recall seeing before. Though for the most part it works like you've described, if you saw something once, it will invade you in ads afterwards.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

I have memories of @Feld0 being able to flag ads from Google as being inappropriate for our site. I'll ping him with this thread and see if that feature still exists.

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Noire Panzer said:

Looks like an AdSense ad... Those are the ones based on searches and items relevant to your searches. :toldya:

Not sure how true that is though. I keep getting russian dating site ads and stuff here... and this browser is dedicated to MLP, is linked to a MLP specific google account, and the only places I visit with it are here, EqD, youtube and DailyMotion...

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

Not sure how true that is though. I keep getting russian dating site ads and stuff here... and this browser is dedicated to MLP, is linked to a MLP specific google account, and the only places I visit with it are here, EqD, youtube and DailyMotion...

It isn't completely true, anyway. Some ads are displayed based on demographic assumptions, some are based on the site itself. 

Some of the ads are legit to browser history, such as my appliance ads and ads related to colleges since I'm helping the kids pick their top 10 schools. I see similar ads as this on here, and it certainly doesn't match my rather boring internet history. 

Hopefully I've dealt with it, I blocked most of those ads and a few ford ads. Please let me know of more of these pop up, it's unfortunate that these are direct from google play, and blacklisting all of them would mean no google play ads would ever appear.

1 hour ago, LadyMercury said:

I blocked most of those ads and a few ford ads.

star-wars-meme-solo-trollface.jpg

It's now Star Wars cannon ... Mercury is secretly Kylo Ren. She killed mah boy!

;)

@Fhaolan Because they were doing unsavory things to people's browsers like forcing them to scroll to certain areas of the page and watching the ad before continuing.

• Brohoof 1

Does MLP Forums use target adds based off searches and whatnot?
image.jpg.2b29f50b1a87e926156cf3338d1341e5.jpg
I mean, sure, it isn't actually about Mobile Battle Turrets, cries but if there is one thing I search all the time it is tanks. so...

Edited by Snow

9 hours ago, Snow said:

Does MLP Forums use target adds based off searches and whatnot?
image.jpg.2b29f50b1a87e926156cf3338d1341e5.jpg
I mean, sure, it isn't actually about Mobile Battle Turrets, cries but if there is one thing I search all the time it is tanks. so...

MLPF doesn't. But Google sure does. 

Read this

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, DANUTERCISD said:

I see the OP likes to look at some saucy stuff.......

On 8/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, Jeric said:

It isn't completely true, anyway. Some ads are displayed based on demographic assumptions, some are based on the site itself. 

Some of the ads are legit to browser history, such as my appliance ads and ads related to colleges since I'm helping the kids pick their top 10 schools. I see similar ads as this on here, and it certainly doesn't match my rather boring internet history. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What even is this ad?
  • 2 weeks later...