Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your biggest flaw?

Yumekai

The new song "We're not flawless" inspired me to make this thread so, whats everyponies biggest Flaw?

Mine would be me being extremely hyper in real life causing some people to find me annoying. 

• Brohoof 6

My Temper. If something doesn't go my way, I tend to throw a hissy-fit and in most cases, I end up breaking my consoles in the process. I also have VERY little patience when it comes to waiting :dry:

(..especially when it comes to technology..)

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 3

58 minutes ago, SolarFlare13 said:

My Temper. If something doesn't go my way, I tend to throw a hissy-fit and in most cases, I end up breaking my consoles in the process. I also have VERY little patience when it comes to waiting :dry:

(..especially when it comes to technology..)

Yeah I'm guessing your the sort of person who can become a real rage monster when you keep dying in your favourite video games or your technology starts playing up on you! Like I could imagine you screaming and smashing your TV over losing in Overwach several times in a row! Though really there are tons of funny YouTubers out there who are no different to you in that aspect! It's basically the YouTubers who are always raging at video games and smashing their stuff over it! Anyways my primary flaw would be how my speech is often all over the place when I'm trying to bring up subjects rapidly on the fly during conversation. Apparently it's just a part of my autism and even though it makes me harder to understand at times there's pretty much nothing that can be done about it because of how it's just a part of my autism! :)

• Brohoof 4

Single biggest flaw? That is a tough one because I am basically flawed incarnate. Let's see...Could be my inferiority complex, I have a big problem with comparing myself to others and feeling far beneath them in everything and unworthy, that's a big one. Makes me feel depressed and self loathing a lot.

Some other things I don't exactly blame myself for are my anxiety, which is to crippling levels, my terrible social problems, my tendency to be rather...uninteresting, and other things. The first one might be my biggest flaw, but it is just the tip of a large iceberg.

• Brohoof 1

I believe it's my insecurity. That's where everything seems to stem from. Except my passion for arguing. That I'll probably always have. I currently live in a world of depression and I still haven't found the source of it. So I'm not sure which is a bigger problem.  On the other hand I'm a pretty young kid so I may have half this wrong due to my ignorance. 

7 hours ago, Mirage77 said:

I'm boring.

Wow. That's your biggest flaw? You must be a really nice person. Well, I mean if one can stand being boring. I'd love to ha e that as my biggest flaw. 

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Travlein said:

I believe it's my insecurity. That's where everything seems to stem from. Except my passion for arguing. That I'll probably always have. I currently live in a world of depression and I still haven't found the source of it. So I'm not sure which is a bigger problem.  On the other hand I'm a pretty young kid so I may have half this wrong due to my ignorance. 

Wow. That's your biggest flaw? You must be a really nice person. Well, I mean if one can stand being boring. I'd love to ha e that as my biggest flaw. 

My theory:

1) We live in a culture that tends to only focus on extremes (HUGE tattooed body builders, perfect female bodies, over-stimulating music and videos, rare talents, etc) because of technology which has made a world of 9 billion people so small, and so noisy, our attention is drained from our local families and communities to the limelight.

2) Our culture is trending toward the unscrupulous left wing where we are constantly nannied about who we should hate, what we should fear and worry about, and what media we should consume. In the 90's it was the religious right, now, we are constantly finger wagged by the hypocrites of the extreme left. Their most obvious and hypocritical message is that you should stand up for 'justice' while believing there really isn't any immutable source of morals ('fairness' is not justice, it's just comparisons) which is why they must condemn and accuse and bully their way to influence. The world is victims and oppressors - nothing more. They are so effective, that this very paragraph will probably trigger someone to extreme anger when they read it.

3) Because of point 1 and 2, we grow up confusing attention with value. Basically, we see a very select group of people get all the attention all the time, and we unconsciously associate that with value and usefulness.

It wasn't that long ago where family and friends you lived with, and lived near to, were your world. As a species, this is what our natural upbringing is most responsive to. Families and friends aren't perfect, but the chances of growing up loving oneself and maintaining a sense of value were much higher than today. Our family life is also where we learn the most treasured personality traits of all - generosity, honor, forgiveness, loyalty, and veracity.

What I'm say is, the 'flaws' I've seen some state are actually symptoms of environment, not really flaws. If you don't like yourself, if you get depressed, if you can't find value in your life, it's because you've been brainwashed by your environment. When all you see is black and white, that is all you think. So you need to be careful with what you are consuming. There is a lot of media out there that is well disguised 'you suck, you don't mean shit, you're worthless, there's no hope, look how insignificant you are, you're weak and frail, you just need to go away'.

You are valuable. You are incredible. You can accomplish great things. And most importantly, you are capable of loving and caring for other people. So you don't need special talents, a YouTube channel, a political cause, constant attention and praises or a perfect biological form. All you need to do is love others around you.

But yeah, I'm boring. I don't know about nice, that's not for me to judge. :D

• Brohoof 5

Probably the overflowing jealousy I carry with me everywhere. Friends are super important to me so negative feelings arise in seconds if I see my friends being better friends with someone else than they're with me. Very likely one reason why I don't actively seek for new friendships - there will always be better and more interesting people than me and I'm so easily forgotten. It's hard to accept that I'll never be anyone's favorite. >_>

15 minutes ago, Jaspers said:

there will always be better and more interesting people than me and I'm so easily forgotten. It's hard to accept that I'll never be anyone's favorite.

That is everyone though. All of us are special and amazing in our own ways, including you. There is no absolute "better" when it comes to this sort of thing. The same goes for "interesting", since it is all subjective as to what makes someone interesting. I daresay you are a lot more memorable than you are wiling to give yourself credit for, and using just this forum alone where you to vanish you would be missed greatly, and that is without even speaking of your actual social circle.

As for being someones favorite... we all come in and out of each others lives as we progress, so If not now someday... to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

• Brohoof 1

My biggest flaw? Never getting the moments when somebody becomes emotional, or trying to be funny when it isn't necessary, or don't get other peoples feelings. 

My biggest flaw... probably my lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem. A lot of it is self-inflicted. I get afraid I offended someone and I start beating myself up about it and insulting myself. I wish I could get rid of it...

• Brohoof 2

Mine would be my stubborness, but also getting irritated and basically angry when someone tries to tell me what to do and how to do something, also I can get very easily distracted and I can be really "spacey" sometimes, which can be SO annoying.

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have several, but the mains would be

-im too nice/polite to people I dont know. I end up getting stuck in conversations or walking slooooooow behind old or disabled people when theyre kinda blocking my route to the office entrance in town. I dont want to be that rude person who runs and ducks around them because they cant go any faster. 

- I dont really stop and think before talking. I can either be really bitchy or just sound really stupid x.x 

- I have an ego streak. With the art and singing especially, I always see getting noticed as quite the fight and let me ego go nuts in trying to take the spotlight. so sorry if i impose on people's projects. I just want to extend my creativity out further than just my own profiles. 

I overthink like a mofo to the point of losing my sanity. Plus have little to no common sense due to my overthinking about EVERY... SINGLE... MINUTE... DETAIL. The madness wouldn't end.

Life may be Heaven or Hell for some people, but for me it's a Sanity Test. Everything we do in our lives is topsy turvy. Entertainment is our #1 priority over everything else. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Still trying to make my overthinking as my greatest strength. Alas, it is also my greatest weakness.

Plus, this is a hard pill for me to swallow, but I tend to become arrogant when overthinking which can become irredeemable. I think the only good news I can say is that... at least I was honest? :lie:

I'll make an interesting post for what I've learned about my arrogance. Does logic cause people to become arrogant? Causation or Correlation?

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

I overthink like a mofo to the point of losing my sanity. Plus have little to no common sense due to my overthinking about EVERY... SINGLE... MINUTE... DETAIL. The madness wouldn't end.

Life may be Heaven or Hell for some people, but for me it's a Sanity Test. Everything we do in our lives is topsy turvy. Entertainment is our #1 priority over everything else. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Still trying to make my overthinking as my greatest strength. Alas, it is also my greatest weakness.

Plus, this is a hard pill for me to swallow, but I tend to become arrogant when overthinking which can become irredeemable. I think the only good news I can say is that... at least I was honest? :lie:

I'll make an interesting post for what I've learned about my arrogance. Does logic cause people to become arrogant? Causation or Correlation?

You sound really interesting. Can I study you?

I do not forgive easily, am losing my patience with younger people and don't always come off as an inviting conversationalist. 

Recently, I've been jealous of other MLP Forum members for them doing stuff I've only dream of doing!

And the worst part is I hate feeling jealous, because I'm afraid it could cause me to do something that would ruin my friendship with the people I really care about!

Speaking as Changeling Will Guide in the Changeling's Feeling Forum

596ec9aa4b2e0_ChangelingWillGuideFinal.png.4ad5f707ddd607cd515a760bc0570346.png

I feel I must confess something:

As most of you know, I still can't help but feel jealous of all the other Changelings that got their beautiful forms, while I still look unhealthy!

Me looking like this is the main reason I still let my Unicorn Host drive our body. I'll show myself to those I care about, like @Baby Dashie and @Princess Aurora Wolf, but in general, I'm scared of coming out and just hide behind the face of Unicorn Will Guide.

There are some smaller ones but i have 2 big ones.

1. I sometimes worry too much about certain things. I sometimes worry that people speak behind my back that i annoy them with my antics, eventhough that is actually not the case.

2. I am too blunt for my own good sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

There are some smaller ones but i have 2 big ones.

1. I sometimes worry too much about certain things. I sometimes worry that people speak behind my back that i annoy them with my antics, eventhough that is actually not the case.

2. I am too blunt for my own good sometimes.

You don't annoy me with your "antics".

I'm the one with a jealousy problem. I mean, look at you: you're an awesome half-snake, half-pony guy and I sometimes wish I was you! *sigh*

• Brohoof 1