Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you first get into FiM as a child?

Ponyboy sodapop

Star? you mean start?... if not I have no clue what you're talking about. Anyways I began watching the show when I was 15, currently 20. Not as young as your example, but still pretty young in my opinion compared to where I'am today.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

I started watching the show at age 16 back in 2011. That was during season 1 and the inception of the brony fandom. I lost interest for a few years after season 3, but I got back into it somewhat recently. I'm 22 now (nearly 23).

Not sure if that counts as really young though. I'm pretty sure most people here started watching the show in their teens and early twenties.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

all i know is i am pretty sure i began watching it at 7-8 years old, a year or two after it came out, i got hooked ever since i first saw the colorful bunch of ponies on TV lmao

• Brohoof 2

I've been aware of the show since it first became a thing, but I didn't get into until I was 14, so yeah, fairly young.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Did you first get into FiM as a child?

I watched the show back in 2012 when I was like 9-10, so quite young :squee:, I feel like I would've known about it before though since i was on the internet a lot (mainly the sonic fandom back in 2011 or sometime before that )

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

G3 came around when I was a kid and I dismissed it for being too girly for my tastes, which deterred me from G4 for a while. I didn’t get into FiM until season 3.

I think the first time I watched anything MLP related was the first movie of G1 called "My Little Pony: The Movie", a very original title indeed. I would still watch for the nostalgia since that would really take me back to when I was a kid but I have a preference for G4 since I Iike the art design more than G1, G2, and G3. I was first introduced to the the FIM part of MLP when the "Hub Network" TV channel was still a thing back in 2013 or 2014. :fluttershy:

Since I'm a lady, I was able to watch the show without too many weird looks but I avoided jumping into the show too much or anything else MLP related after hitting my teens due to fear of harassment from my family and other people at school which was unfortunately also happening at the time. Eventually after I left my ex-boyfriend, I decided that I wouldn't let fears like that rule my life since I have a right to like what I want. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Nah I was 18 when I started watching it in 2011.  

I do often wonder what I’d have thought about it had it come out earlier when I was a child, though.  I doubt I’d have gotten into it as much as I did.  

• Brohoof 3