Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heyo

Jordan D

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

I just stumbled upon it years ago, but due to shyness, never really made an effort to post.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Around the time Season 1 was wrapping up, a buddy of mine messaged me on Pokemon Online about how he actually really liked the show. I, of course, made fun of him but checked it out on his word and loved it. Been and on and off fan of the cartoon, but I absolutely adore the comics.

Hey, everyone! My name is Dark, or Jordan. 

I'm a long time fan of the show, been watching for nearly a decade at this point. Nowadays I'm mostly a fan of the comic series, which I've heard mixed things about in the fandom, but I personally really like. I kind of fell out of the fandom in around 2014, as most of my friends who were into the show either moved on, or were no longer in easy contact. Back then, to me, I had to be able to talk about a show to my friends to like it, a philosophy I've (thankfully) since abandoned. That leads me to my biggest question:

I've watched the first two seasons on repeat pretty much everyday when I was 13, so I have a near photographic memory of those seasons, but only have vague memories of Season 3 and 4. I hear Seasons 5-7 are great from the few friends I have that watch the show, and I want to catch up, but I'm unsure if I should rewatch the entire series over or if I should only watch the better episodes. I'm leaning towards a complete rewatch, to see if the episodes I thought were bad are still bad from a more 'refined' and 'mature' angle, episodes like Power Ponies and Just For Sidekicks were particularly hard to watch episodes when they first aired, so I'm curious to see how they hold up now. 

Man, there are so much more comics, seasons and specials nowadays, it's a little overwhelming, but at least I'll have stuff to keep me busy for awhile..

Outside of Ponies, I'm a huge fan of an array of nerdy stuff, such as Power Rangers, Ultraman, Super Sentai, Scooby Doo, Pokemon, Digimon, Harry Potter, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, IDW Comics, Peanuts by Schulz, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Las Leyendas and so on. I also play a lot of video games, but less so over the years. I mostly play Sonic games, Team Fortress 2, The X-Men Legends series and occasional Indie games that catch my attention. 

Other hobbies of mine include Astronomy, Mathematics (Physics, Geometry), Writing, Drawing, Table Top Role-Playing, Cartography and World Building. I have aspirations of becoming a screenwriter and maybe even a storyboarder if I get better at drawing. I'm also writing a novel, slowly, oh so slowly...

Not really sure if I have much else to say other then I'm excited to be here!

• Brohoof 5

15 minutes ago, Galaxian Darkanine said:

Hey, everyone! My name is Dark, or Jordan. 

I'm a long time fan of the show, been watching for nearly a decade at this point. Nowadays I'm mostly a fan of the comic series, which I've heard mixed things about in the fandom, but I personally really like. I kind of fell out of the fandom in around 2014, as most of my friends who were into the show either moved on, or were no longer in easy contact. Back then, to me, I had to be able to talk about a show to my friends to like it, a philosophy I've (thankfully) since abandoned. That leads me to my biggest question:

I've watched the first two seasons on repeat pretty much everyday when I was 13, so I have a near photographic memory of those seasons, but only have vague memories of Season 3 and 4. I hear Seasons 5-7 are great from the few friends I have that watch the show, and I want to catch up, but I'm unsure if I should rewatch the entire series over or if I should only watch the better episodes. I'm leaning towards a complete rewatch, to see if the episodes I thought were bad are still bad from a more 'refined' and 'mature' angle, episodes like Power Ponies and Just For Sidekicks were particularly hard to watch episodes when they first aired, so I'm curious to see how they hold up now. 

Man, there are so much more comics, seasons and specials nowadays, it's a little overwhelming, but at least I'll have stuff to keep me busy for awhile..

Outside of Ponies, I'm a huge fan of an array of nerdy stuff, such as Power Rangers, Ultraman, Super Sentai, Scooby Doo, Pokemon, Digimon, Harry Potter, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, IDW Comics, Peanuts by Schulz, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Las Leyendas and so on. I also play a lot of video games, but less so over the years. I mostly play Sonic games, Team Fortress 2, The X-Men Legends series and occasional Indie games that catch my attention. 

Other hobbies of mine include Astronomy, Mathematics (Physics, Geometry), Writing, Drawing, Table Top Role-Playing, Cartography and World Building. I have aspirations of becoming a screenwriter and maybe even a storyboarder if I get better at drawing. I'm also writing a novel, slowly, oh so slowly...

Not really sure if I have much else to say other then I'm excited to be here!

Greetings, mortal!

All shall fall before our unified might.

Truly, you are a valuable asset to our organisation, even in your infancy.

Especially due to your

wait.

15 minutes ago, Galaxian Darkanine said:

Other hobbies of mine include [...] Mathematics (Physics, Geometry) [...]

^ what is this.

what.

is.

this.

you can't take my place.

i won't let you.

there can only be one.

name your time.

name your location.

we'll end this.

once and for all.

Just kidding.

The recruitment manager just informed me that we have plenty of positions free for nerdbronies and there's no chance you'd be replacing me.

Reveal hidden contents

luckily for you:okiedokieloki:

Anyway.

We welcome you, o acolyte of the horse.

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if questions you may have.

Enjoy your time spent as our diabolical minion! :icwudt:

• Brohoof 4

Welcome! I'm new here but a long time fan also! It's quite nice here! Oooh I haven't read any of the comics yet but really want to, I'm also into DC Comics, Steven Universe and Power rangers hehe. 

Hope you like it here!

Thank you everyone for the welcome. 

@Duality Luckily, I'm still quite the novice at these kind of things. My sister thinks I'm weird for 

@Mirage77 Thanks! 

@Travlein It's a bit of a tall order, but If I can watch all 7 seasons of Adventure Time + Read the comics in a week, then I'm sure I can rewatch all of Ponies to catch up. And I'd love to play TF2 with you some day, I main Medic, Demo and Pyro.

@EquinoxDancer The comics are great! What I love about them is they really expand upon the universe of the show. We see just how Twilight actually raised Spike, how Shining Armor met Cadance, how Celestia's treated Luna before and after the Nightmare Moon incident (which isn't a pretty sight). We even see glimpses of old Equestrian wars, historical figures, mythological events and even other kingdoms and their histories throughout the comics run, but they still remain focused on the characters from the show for the most part. Theirs even some character development in the comics, like Discord bonding with the CMC. A bond that actually last multiple issues. Other then that, the comics generally just have really creative stories, like when the Mane Six had to stop a being who could create and devour entire 'storybooks', realities based off books and novels they read, or when Discord tried to help the CMC get their cutie marks...by turning them into Power Rangers, Starfleet Commanders, Sports Stars and Lion Tamers. The biggest problem is sometimes story arcs end to abruptly, especially the Salty Sea Mare and Bookworm arcs. 

@AsrielFries Nice to meet you!

• Brohoof 1