Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Team Fortress 2

curl

i have yet to see any form of team fortress 2 discussion

so why not start one?

What class or classes do you main?

how long have you been playing the game?

Me personally mains soldier and demoman (sometimes demoknight) 

been playing this game since around 2009. been having a blast ever since.

its a bit sad that they had to implement the matchmaking system, but hey. the community servers is pretty strong tho

Edited by curl

I really don't have a main anymore, I usually play a class the team does not have, but my least favorite classes to play are Medic and Spy. Back a few years ago I would main Scout. I have been playing since 2012, and have amassed 760-ish hours.

• Brohoof 1

I used to play Spy a ton, too much if you ask me, then I discovered that I was pretty mediocre at the class so I sold my australium knife and got a ton of medic stranges, and an unusual. I now play medic all the time, but sometimes if I feel like it I play spy again. I've been playing for a 2 years and a half now and it starting to feel old and stale; I'm hoping the new update drops soon. And by the way, if anyone is interested in trading for a bubbling detective noir for a lower price than normal, PM me

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, cpl_dixon said:

I really don't have a main anymore, I usually play a class the team does not have, but my least favorite classes to play are Medic and Spy. Back a few years ago I would main Scout. I have been playing since 2012, and have amassed 760-ish hours.

medic is pretty fun to play if you use the vaccinator. well. that is when you know how to play it right. but i do agree with you. medic and spy are not so fun to play

I've been playing since either 2013 or 2014 and generally enjoyed my time since then, but I've never been glued to the screen. I've amassed about 1,142 hours apparently according to Steam, but I used to idle a lot so who knows. I main Medic, Demoman, Pyro in PVP. Scout, Engineer, Heavy and Soldier in MVM. Though I'll still play as Heavy, Scout and Engi in single player in certain situations. I'm a bit of a combat Medic, which has offered mixed success. 

I tried competitive a few times, but was never really successful at it. Nowadays I mostly mess around in smaller servers or play MVM. 

I used to play TF2, but don't any more. I played about 890 hours recorded on my steam account since December of 2012 (Though I've probably played more like 1000 total, between playing on my brother's computer before then, and playing offline). I stopped playing around 6 or 7 months ago.

I mained Sniper, had almost 200 hours playing him. I ran a Machina, Razorback, Shahanshah set to pretty decent success.

I had a thread similar to this years ago, but time has swallowed it somewhere in the data base.

Anyways, I don't play the PC version, I play the much more simplistic (and hat free) console version. I'm a pretty kick ass sniper, and medic but when I'm not playing support I go as Pyro or Demo. As for how long, I first started playing back in 2013.

2 hours ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

I had a thread similar to this years ago, but time has swallowed it somewhere in the data base.

Anyways, I don't play the PC version, I play the much more simplistic (and hat free) console version. I'm a pretty kick ass sniper, and medic but when I'm not playing support I go as Pyro or Demo. As for how long, I first started playing back in 2013.

Is the Console version still up and running? I remember hearing from my friends that it was pretty much dead back in 2015. 

@cpl_dixon That reminds me of the time me and my friends went on a server all as Battle Medics and wrecked shop. Good times. 

4 hours ago, Galaxian Darkanine said:

Is the Console version still up and running? I remember hearing from my friends that it was pretty much dead back in 2015. 

Its worked since launch in 2007. People still play it to this day, I included... though rarely do I play. I've always been able to find lobbies ever since I bought it.

• Brohoof 1

I main Sniper, have about 70+ hours with him so far. I can hit shots, but I still suck at 1v1ing enemy Snipers. I always forget about second-scoping and that leaves me open. My other favorites are Spy, Medic, Engineer, and Scout. I prefer playing support roles more often than being the main force of a push, as I find them more satisfying and enjoyable. (Also, latency is not kind to me, so projectiles fire a full second after a click.) This can be a problem however, when the team really needs some power classes. I'll usually play Soldier then, but I can't guarantee I'll be good at it.

I've been playing for about two years now. Steam reports that I have a little over 1,000 hours, but most of that is probably with bots since I get so frustrated and tired of constant lag in-game. I love the game, I just wish I didn't have connection problems. If you've ever played with me, (I go by Stripes), and see me just abruptly stand still, you now know that I'm lagging.

I would like to get into competitive, but with no mic and bad connection, I don't think I would contribute to the team at all. In fact, I would most likely hinder them instead.

Also, patiently waiting for the Pyro update.

I have about 200 hours on Team Fortress 2, though I stopped playing Casual and I'm now mostly hanging around different friendly servers.  Back when I played the game more seriously, I would main Medic, and Medic is still my go-to for friendly servers.

• 3 years later...

Got back into it fairly recently actually, and when not being headshot across the map by bots I play Demoman and Medic. I'm probably best as Medic but play Demo when I don't want the pressure of being Medic because I'm not that great and don't want everyone relying on me all the time.

Edited by Brosparkles

I stopped playing TF2 since 2018 out of lack of interest and because of the P2W nature, which is something I completely detest about it. Not only that, the overall community in TF2 are overly-defensive and hostile, willing to stir up a s***storm by calling TF2 "the most perfect game ever existed". Like, I'm sorry, but Valve has gotten increasingly selfish and out of touch with their own community that they'll only make a new game whenever they feel like it. Otherwise, they completely ignore their own community altogether. TF2 isn't even fun anymore. The community is just downright defensive and hostile, having to pay money in order to receive new weapons and cosmetics doesn't feel rewarding at all and it feels like I've dumped my money, only to receive the same items I already have. I could sell the items I don't want, but chances are, nobody will ever buy them off. They'd rather receive the items for free instead of paying for said items.

TF2 isn't dead, but its certainly one, big dumpster fire that will keep on burning.

• 9 months later...
On 2021-04-24 at 3:05 PM, Jon the VGNerd said:

because of the P2W nature

What part of TF2 is P2W? I legitimately don't understand this criticism because nothing about the game is that. It has overpriced cosmetics yes, but it's F2P and you can at least buy most cosmetics individually. No part of it is P2W.

On 2022-02-15 at 12:46 AM, Celli said:

What part of TF2 is P2W? I legitimately don't understand this criticism because nothing about the game is that. It has overpriced cosmetics yes, but it's F2P and you can at least buy most cosmetics individually. No part of it is P2W.

Oh I dunno. Maybe in having to pay real money just to get the rare weapons that are incredibly random? They could've included in-game credits just to save the trouble, but Valve seems to have no understanding concept as to what in-game credits are. So what if its free-to-play? Doesn't mean I'm even remotely interested in F2P games anymore. It just reeks of shady practices.

TF2, huh? I don't really play it anymore, but I think I've started playing at 2015, when I discovered it from either my brother or online. My main is the scout, thought I've also played as the medic a lot. I kinda got bored of it after maybe a year or two

I used to play TF2 (since beta, I got the "orange box" or was it some other color with a video card I bought) quite a lot, mostly Pyro and Engineer. However, my interest dissipated over time. When they made new weapons that could be unlocked by doing achievements, that was quite interesting and I remember going to achievement farming servers for some of them. Later when they made the weapon drops random (and that you could get the same weapon multiple times) it stopped being interesting to me. Maybe I want to play around with some new weapons, but how many hours would I need to play the game to get them?

On 2022-02-18 at 3:48 AM, Jon the VGNerd said:

Oh I dunno. Maybe in having to pay real money just to get the rare weapons that are incredibly random?

It's not pay to win because the weapon upgrades aren't actually upgrades. They change the playstyle of each merc, having upsides and downsides. They're sidegrades. and they're far from rare.

I started playing TF2 around 2016, so almost six years ago. I don't really play as much as I used to, but every now and then I hop on to play a couple of rounds. I don't really have a main. Other than Spy, I can play any class decently.

18 hours ago, Celli said:

It's not pay to win because the weapon upgrades aren't actually upgrades. They change the playstyle of each merc, having upsides and downsides. They're sidegrades. and they're far from rare.

Even so, I'd rather be paying money for games, and maybe DLCs if they appeal to me, than to pay extra money, just to unlock weapons, cosmetics, etc. Free-to-play games just doesn't really have the appeal for me anymore, and I basically lost interest in TF2 so I pretty much stopped playing it in 2018. The only reason why I still have it with me is because of Garry's Mod for maps.