Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Favorite Transformers?

PumpkinCharm

So, I looked around a bit, and didn't find a great thread with this subject so... I ask of you, one Hasbro franchise to another, which is your favorite transformer?

Personally, I like a lot of them, but when I have to choose a favorite... I really like Starscream. I appreciate how in G1, he's always trying to accomplish his evil goals, despite near constant failure. That said, I like how in later Gens he can also be a nuanced character with his own quirks and ambitions beyond just usurping control of the Decepticons (it was neat to see him be really manipulative and scheming in Prime). Also, wow I love his color scheme in G1, and think it should have been kept for later gen installments. XD

So who's your favorite transformer?

I also have favorite versions of certain characters

Autobots - Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Optimus, Wheeljack, Jazz and Prowl tend to top my list

Decepticons - Soundwave, Megatron, Shockwave, Knockout, Swindle and the Constructicons

• Brohoof 2

In the Animated continuity my favorites would have to be Prowl, Ratchet and Sari (who counts as she is half human half cybertronian)

For the Prime/Robots in Disguise 2015 continuity my favorites are Arcee, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, Strongarm and Grimlock.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

I'm one of few who actually like Rodimus Prime. Others include Shockwave, Beast Wars Megatron  (Yeeesss...), Dinobot, Animated Blur and Jazz, Animated Swindle, Beast Wars Inferno (For the Royalty!), Airazor and Blitzwing. 

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I don't remember their names as  a kid when watching the shows, all I know that I liked dino crews, unicron, optimist prime and hot rod. that all i could remember. 

Movie-wise...it would be Drift, cross-hair, bumble bee, and shockwave.

20 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

I'm one of few who actually like Rodimus Prime. 

I like Roddy! He had a great arc of character development in G1. I think the problem is that everyone compares him to Optimus.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:32 PM, Apollo Justice said:

Autobots - Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Optimus, Wheeljack, Jazz and Prowl tend to top my list

Decepticons - Soundwave, Megatron, Shockwave, Knockout, Swindle and the Constructicons

Surprisingly, Soundwave remains a steady favorite in all incarnations. I liked him in Prime where he was a silent creepy sort of mech, and I liked him in G1 with his huge family of cassettes.

That said it's nice to see Jazz on a favorites list! He's one of my faves too. I like his cool attitude and how his whole aesthetic is about rock and roll.

I should have put more bots on my initial post instead of just mentioning Starscream, lol. There are so many I really like.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hard to pick. 
first: whatever Transformers pre prime I’ve watched, I was so young that I don’t remember much, or hated in case of Armada

Second: I’m currently watching Transformers Prime. That show is so well written that it’s hard to pick one in particular. I’m stuck between Arcee, Optimus, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Starscream, Knockout, and Megatron

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2017-08-31 at 6:32 PM, Megas said:

Just quoting this to say I wanna add Skywarp, Blitzwing, Onslaught and Ratchet to the lists

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 2022-06-13 at 4:12 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Hard to pick. 
first: whatever Transformers pre prime I’ve watched, I was so young that I don’t remember much, or hated in case of Armada

Second: I’m currently watching Transformers Prime. That show is so well written that it’s hard to pick one in particular. I’m stuck between Arcee, Optimus, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Starscream, Knockout, and Megatron

Well, shortly after watching TP, I’ve watched Beast Wars. Practically watched for the first time as I was too young back then that I DIDN’T REMEMBER A THING :love:. Oh well, it worked out in the end, as it was like watching it for the first time, AND IT WAS A BLAST :yay:. But that brings more players to pick as my favorite transformer, tho :pip-err:…. Or not, as Predacon Megatron is definitely the best character ever, yyeeesss :proud:

On 2017-09-02 at 12:07 PM, PumpkinCharm said:

Surprisingly, Soundwave remains a steady favorite in all incarnations. I liked him in Prime where he was a silent creepy sort of mech, and I liked him in G1 with his huge family of cassettes.

Not that surprising, if you think about it: Both incarnations make it clear he's the stoic, efficient one. Different yet the same.

• Brohoof 1