Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Old/Forgotten Game Series you'd like to see make a comeback.

CastletonSnob

F-Zero and Starfox, and no Starfox Zero doesn't count, I'm fucking sick of seeing SF64 getting remade a billion times

And Megaman Legends, I need closure

Yah know; I would say Spyro, but considering Skylanders is really the best thing to happen to Spyro (no joke, that is what I think) in a LONG time, I don't know how to bring it up. That said...Spyro.

In addition I would also mention Prince of Persia and Croc! :)

• Brohoof 4

I would like that a few old Survival Horror Game Series would get a comeback, Obscure 2 ended on a Cliffhanger and then they just released some sort of a reboot called Final Exam, but its nothing like the Original. I dont mind spinoffs or different Games, but i dont think they will ever be a Obscure 3. I loved it to play a Horror Game together with a friend.

Clock Tower also didnt had a new Game since a few Years, i like the dont fight, run and escape style of a game. Even though i have to admit, i only played Clock Tower 2 and i didnt even finished that game, but i like that Style of Games, specially after watching a Lets Play of a Beta Version of the Game Remothered. It reminds me a lot of Clock Tower ( more specifically Clock Tower 3 and the kind off similar game Haunting Ground ) and i would really like to see, how a major franchise would make such a game nowadays. Its a shame part 3 wasnt that much of a success and the series just ended.

Also i would like a Sequel to Metal Arms - Glitch in the System, yes i know it wasnt really a series since it only had one game, but it also ended on a cliffhanger and a sequel was already in planning stages, before the Company got bought by someone else and they cancelled it. Same goes for Kameo - Elements of Power, which also kind off ended on a cliffhanger.

A comebeck of " The Suffering " would also be nice and believe it or not, i actually wished that Bubsy would get a new Game because i thought he was cute and at least that wish seems to come true. I still havent played any of his Games, but im planning to.

Edited by Twilight Doll
Spelling Mistakes
  • Brohoof 1

Baldurs Gate!

I'm not that much of a PC gamer, but from the few games I played in the past, this one was the most fun. I loved all that dialogue :3

• Brohoof 1

Golden Sun. The series was shafted for so many years, only to get a sequel that wasn't quite as successful as the first two (we're talking a 7 or so year gap here, whereas the first two were like a couple of years at most gap IIRC), and now the series feels entirely dead. Super Smash Bros. 4 just cemented that for me. Kid Icarus characters everywhere, but Isaac couldn't even come back as an AT.

It was never a series, but I really want to see a sequel to Stubbs the Zombie. With zombies still being overused in gaming, especially by the abysmal Call of Duty franchise, it would be a fresh breathe of air in the market like the original. It had all sorts of humor with its settings that would be awesome now. The only major problem the original had was its length. Make a longer game in the sequel and boom, profit.

I'd like for the 3D platformer ("collectathon") genre as a whole to make a resurgence. People see these types of games as being dated after the 90s, but I still think there's tonnes of potential for them. I love games such as Spyro the Dragon, Banjo-Kazooie and anything by Rare, really. I can't believe Microsoft would just let them go to waste seeing as they're sitting on great franchises like Banjo and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Luckily, we're seeing somewhat of a resurgence with games like Yooka-Laylee and Super Lucky's Tale. I really hope this trend can continue. Gaming today is too saturated with shooters.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

I've been waiting on a new Wild Arms for many years. The creators have kind of given a few wink wink nudge nudge statements that make it sound like it could be a thing and they are definitely aware of fans wanting it still. The last one came out in 2006 on PSP (not counting Wild Arms 1 being released on phones earlier this year.) Great game as it was I'd very much like a new entry.

I also would like to see some games come to new systems even in an emulated version if nothing else. Games like Fear Factor, Galerians, Legend of Legaia, etc.

I'd be okay with a Medievil 3 as well.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite game of all time never got the sequel it deserved... :(

The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

The World Ends With You is a brilliant RPG from SquareEnix. The art style, the story, the characters, the game play, the soundtrack, I love absolutely everything about it <3

Sure, it had a brief cameo in the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance game for the 3DS, but THAT ISN'T ENOUGH!! I WANT A PROPER SEQUEL!! :angry:

• Brohoof 1