Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannot update a status

Philosopher Pone

4 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Well to be honest it might be because your status updates are disabled in your profile settings! Just go to your profile settings and enable status updates and you should be good! :)

Just checked that myself and it's not that. :P 

The Recent Status Updates Widget seems to be bugged, it indeed doesn't want to load the editor.

You'll have to use workarounds for now. You can post status updates from your profile or by clicking + Create button in the upper panel before notifications.

4 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Well to be honest it might be because your status updates are disabled in your profile settings! Just go to your profile settings and enable status updates and you should be good! :)

I've got this one enabled, so that's not the case. I also checked the forums on another browser and it works neither on Firefox or Opera. Really weird.

4 hours ago, Geralt of Poland said:

Hello.

I'm experiencing a weird issue: I cannot type any status update. When I try to click on the "What's on your mind" bar on the main page, nothing happens: no text editor starts, totally no reaction. Help, please?

The one on the main index (home page right hand side status update block) is spotty at times. It sometimes works in Chrome. The one that I never had issues with is the Status Update field on your actual profile. Is that one working for you?

7 hours ago, Geralt of Poland said:

I've got this one enabled, so that's not the case. I also checked the forums on another browser and it works neither on Firefox or Opera. Really weird.

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

The one on the main index (home page right hand side status update block) is spotty at times. It sometimes works in Chrome. The one that I never had issues with is the Status Update field on your actual profile. Is that one working for you?

Yeah it's definitely a glitch in this case and for now we would just have to wait until the staff fix it. Anyways you could still use the send a public message in your own profile. :)

On 9/1/2017 at 4:57 PM, Geralt of Poland said:

The "Write a public messsage" one? Yes, it's working.

Yeah. That's the only one that consistently works. 

Seems the status system here is half useless now. Not only does the 'What's on your mind?' box still not work, but I attached some photos to one of my statuses recently. Now those attached files will not go away. They will keep being attached to any status I make, regardless of me deleting them. The statuses continue to find new ways to break themselves.

On 9/1/2017 at 6:06 AM, Techno Universal said:

THANK YOU!!!!  I've been about ready to pull my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't make a status update, and had no idea that you had to actually ENABLE it in your profile settings until now (somehow I managed to scroll right past it without noticing it). 

6 hours ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

THANK YOU!!!!  I've been about ready to pull my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't make a status update, and had no idea that you had to actually ENABLE it in your profile settings until now (somehow I managed to scroll right past it without noticing it). 

And it looks like you should be all good now! Anyways I'm really clever with technical things like this! :)

• The topic was locked