Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Boring colors?

hollow-shades

So, Im remaking all of my OCs. My ponysona is problably the most drastic one, from having a dark blue coat and blonde mane to a pastel orange-ish coat and a cinnamon mane.

ZBU_gILBQ2_cURidponG-A.png

Yeah, it looks really plain, for now. But ignore his design, focus on his colors. Are they too basic? Too plain? Just give me your opinions on his colors, and if you can, good color palletes.

Edited by Flinp

Personally, I'm not a fan of the same mane/eye color combination. However, it's not boring. Honestly, what bores me are those ultimately 'unique' OC's that are obviously waaaay too much. I really like a simple design much more, but again, I'm not a fan of the same mane/eye color. Maybe you should make the eye color something bright and vibrant that totally stands out? That's what I tend to do, because I like it. :P

• Brohoof 1

I like the colour of the mane and pelt - it works! - what does bother me though is the eye, you should spruce it up a little, add some pizazz with some colour that otherwise wouldn't work. Maybe green? Well, it depends on the cutie mark, too...

I agree; give your OC blue or green eyes to jazz his design up a bit. Also, consider some white markings like Sunburst has: (linked out image for size) https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b3/87/cc/b387cc88db0a95ef7da04503057db061--childhood-friends-equestria-girls.jpg

Horses in real life have many markings on their coats, which make them look very striking. Take a look here for some ideas: 6758581171a2f042bdd7d08df7c419ce--horse-

And here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/explore/rare-horse-colors/