Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"An Element of Kindness" (MLP) [Piano/Orchestra]"

Michael Picher

This is lovely. It's so peaceful and I think it sounds beautiful. Have you created and uploaded more? Because if you did, I will definitely check it out. (I can't right now, so that's why I'm asking instead. :blush:

4 hours ago, Hierok said:

This sounds pretty good. :twi: Good job.

4 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

This is lovely. It's so peaceful and I think it sounds beautiful.

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

Have you created and uploaded more? Because if you did, I will definitely check it out.

You can check out my YouTube Channel or my Bandcamp Page. I try to write something new every week!

• Brohoof 1

Nice work. 

I see you kept it simple this time going with that alberti bass on the piano, which is great for a pony like Fluttershy, since she isn't really that outgoing. I also noticed how you kept going around the I, IV, V and vi and ii, the most common chords in a major key. But one of my big nitpicks is staying at the top register of the piano. Maybe when you crescendoed, you could've used more open harmonies and widespread chords like:

A-E-C#

B-F#-D 

etc.

Also, maybe give the alberti bass a break, because honestly, it started to stale out. 

All in all beautiful piece, but maybe try experimenting with more bass patterns so that way your piano lines won't stale so quickly. 

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Nice work. 

I see you kept it simple this time going with that alberti bass on the piano, which is great for a pony like Fluttershy, since she isn't really that outgoing. I also noticed how you kept going around the I, IV, V and vi and ii, the most common chords in a major key. But one of my big nitpicks is staying at the top register of the piano. Maybe when you crescendoed, you could've used more open harmonies and widespread chords like:

A-E-C#

B-F#-D 

etc.

Also, maybe give the alberti bass a break, because honestly, it started to stale out. 

All in all beautiful piece, but maybe try experimenting with more bass patterns so that way your piano lines won't stale so quickly. 

Thanks for the critique! I hindsight, I do hear some opportunities where I could have broken the alberti base pattern. I think part of me imagined the piano part as an unchanging music box, with the other parts decorating it.

Just now, Michael Picher said:

Thanks for the critique! I hindsight, I do hear some opportunities where I could have broken the alberti base pattern. I think part of me imagined the piano part as an unchanging music box, with the other parts decorating it.

Ah. Speaking of which, what would've worked was a very simple melody on a music box sound with alberti bass in it, but with piano playing soft arpeggiated melodic patterns employing almost all registers and ranges. And no prob. 

• 4 weeks later...