Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ginger Ale

-WELCOME TO SOMNAMBULA FAN CLUB-

MLP FIM - Somnambula by Joakaha

Long ago, the once-unnamed village fell under siege by an evil Sphinx that demanded most of their crops as the tribute. To keep the poor villagers from giving up hope, Somnambula used what little she had to give them food. Prince Hisan, the son of the pharaoh, was so moved by Somnambula's compassion that he stood up to the sphinx to free the villagers from her tyranny. However, the sphinx captured Hisan and told the pharaoh that she would only set him free if someone solved her riddle.

Somnambula volunteered to try and solve the Sphinx's riddle: "I shine brightest in the dark. I am there but cannot be seen. To have me costs you nothing. To be without me costs you everything." Somnambula correctly answers "hope", enraging the sphinx. Fearing that the sphinx would go back on her promise to release Hisan, Somnambula asks for another challenge and tells the sphinx to leave the kingdom forever if she completes it. The Sphinx challenges Somnambula to walk across a bridge to Hisan—blindfolded and without the use of her wings.

Guided by Hisan's voice and the power of hope, Somnambula succeeds, and the sphinx flies off into a rage. The pharaoh replaces Somnambula's pearls with a string of glowpaz as thanks for saving his son, and glowpaz became the village's symbol of hope from then on.

Egypt pone [Wallpaper] by Sutekh94

RULES
Rules of this thread;
-Do not post pictures of other ponies in this thread (except the images with other ponies including Somnambula). They belong in their respective fan club threads.
-Do not hate on another fan club, for example posting "Apple Bloom is better!" in the Princess Luna thread.
-The global forum rules still apply, of course, so no NSFW pics. Shipping is fine, but keep it appropriate.

This is the Somnambula thread, please only post here about her.

Somnambula and the Sphinx by WubcakeVA
Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 5

I for one lived the entire sequence and think that, although brief, she made a fine addition to the show. If my phone wasn't busted I'd put up a photo of her statue right now.

• Brohoof 3

To say that I am infatuated with this design would be an understatement at this point. XD

tumblr_ow403dair01udtsx9o1_1280.png

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

From another one of my favorite shows, "ONCE Upon a Time" about the importance of Hope:

"I gave the [ONCE UPON A TIME] book to Henry because I wanted Henry to have the most important thing anyone can have: Hope. Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing!"

-Mary Margaret Blanchard, aka Snow White

I'm sure Somnambula would agree.

Guess who will be on the cover for "Legends of Magic" issue #10?

MLP_LoM10-coverA+copy.jpg

Godz, I finally have a pony who can rival the Spa twins in utter beauty. <3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good gods this character; what a design <3

tumblr_p0g2kq0IZr1wjenfko1_1280.png

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Somnambula is seriously my #1 favourite of the pillars!

Recently, I have been struggling quite a bit to remain hopeful about really much of anything in my life at the moment, but, for whatever reason, whenever I see a picture of Somnambula somewhere, or are reminded of this pony in some other way, a part of me feels like maybe, just maybe everything is going to be alright... I'm really not surprised she managed to become my favourite after the first episode she was in, and honestly, I would like to read the Legends of Magic comics now.

5a34694c2c16a_Somnambula27.thumb.png.bfcade3e47fe345ac9639bf4c48862fd.png

Also, Somnambula is really cute!

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Egyptian Horse and Dark King's Waifu

34.png

I never realized how much I wanted something like this! <3

• Brohoof 2