Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Corrupted Harmony IC (1x1 with Driz)

Props Valroa

@Driz It was a rather usual day in the crystal empire. The corrupted crystal heart spun around and around inside of its holder. The guards all had black charcoal coats, and red eyes. Black crystals were occasionally all around. Sunset Shimmer stood on her balcony, over looking the crystal Empire below, watching the ponies below. Her eyes reminding the ponies below of King Sombra, but it was necessary. 

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/169867-corrupted-harmony-ooc-1x1-with-driz/
Edited by Radience
  • Brohoof 1

@Radience

On unhurried, casual steps, Lorianne Vox slowly made her way up the castle's stairway that lead into the throne room. Being forced to live under the Crystal Heart's corrupted energy after the drastic events that had unfolded, seemingly the pink-coated mare didn't make much thought of it. Instead, she chose to serve under Sunset Shimmer and the small-yet-unyielding opposition that firmly based on the Crystal Empire. There were many things she did not fully understand, but nevertheless, she knew she had to act.

Upon arriving at the throne room's door, Lory stood still and gazed upon its monumental size. In accordance to the common rules of convention and etiquette, one would knock politely and ask permission to go inside the royal chamber. However, she didn't exactly play by the rules.

With a swift, sharp push, Lory slammed the door open and walked in.

"Yo Sunny!! What's up?" She greeted nonchalantly; cheerfully. "Are we ready to kick some flank or what?" Her garments were rugged and her coat was a considerably darker tone of what it normally looked. Her eyes also shone bright red. On her back, she carried her trusty, rather unconventional weapon of choice: a worn-out wooden bat.

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer smiled slightly before she turned to Lorianne Vox. Lorianne Vox saw her usual Sombra like eyes. "Hm...we can go after Starlight's skeleton army...or after the light ponies of Twilight." Sunset Shimmer took a good look at the bat Lory had. "Thats...rather, primitive don't you think?" she questioned as she summoned her bone armour, and her scyche, reminiscing as she looked at the spikes along it. Luckily for Lory, Sunny didn't really appear to care about etiquette. 

• Brohoof 1

@Radience

"Primitive? Pfft!" She scoffed. "I prefer the word... simple... Batsy over here gets the work done, and that's all that matters... It's not about what she looks on the outside. It's about the immense amount of destruction she causes." Lory explained proudly, then taking a short stroll around the room.

"Say, Sunny... You mentioned that thing about a skeleton army..." The mare asked while her eyes concentrated on something else; albeit nothing in particular. "I suppose you have a cool-sounding army of your own to deal with that, right?"

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset smirked at what she said. "Well, I can improve that 'Batsy' of yours as you call it." she stated and then walked around a bit. "I do indeed have an army of my own....as for that skeleton army my guards have recently uncovered what appears to be tunnels under the ground. A few skeletons were spotted wandering them. They were promptly delt with." she said with a rather satisfied tone. "My army is mainly for defending what we have. Although sometimes I like to send them out on missions to take care of skeletons and light ponies...the thing is...Starlight's forces seem to be getting stronger day by day. Twilight's forces seem to be a steady pace...we need to find out why." 

Edited by Radience
  • Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

"Mhm..." Lory listened to Sunset's explanation, although she didn't seem to be paying proper attention. Instead, she eventually walked towards a peculiar-looking lamp at the corner of the room. "Yeah, like a scouting operation? Sure, I'm down." She responded while looking at the lamp. Lifting her right hoof, she began fiddling with the object. "Oh, I'm just asking because, y'know... I'm not exactly into suicide missions." Once she lightly pushed the lamp, it rocked back and forth slightly. "But I guess it's up to you to play the pieces right. You could send some of your guys to check out Starlame's territory with me, while the rest stays on guard." At that moment, the lamp she was playing with swayed a bit too intensely and tumbled. Luckily, Lory was able to levitate it with her magic before it fell to the hard ground. She let out a small sigh in relief and promptly placed the piece down where it belonged, walking away afterwards.

"After all, I don't think you have too much time left, do ya?" She said, grinning widely, while looking at Sunset Shimmer.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer smirked at Lory. "Now thats what I like out of you...you have a keen mind." she stated and turned to one of the nearby guards who was chilling out, the guard stood up straight. Sunset Shimmer dressed the guard, and told them to gather a group of them for a scouting operation. "It will be done." the guard bows, and starts walking out of the room, and down a hall. 

"However...we must be very careful. Starlight's skeletons are many in numbers. As we get closer to her...town. The more there will be. Its doubtful we will encounter 'Starlame' herself. We must also be...quick and careful of who spots us....Starlight could have spies...Twilight could have spies aswell. Pegasi do indeed fly about the sky all the time." she stated, walking a bit closer to Lory.

• Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

She rubbed the back of her head. "Yeah, well... Our location probably ain't much of a mystery to the light freaks anymore." Lory then raised an eyebrow. "If you're saying the skellies are multiplying, and even then they're not attacking us directly, then yeah... My bits on something fishy going on." She agreed. Even though their time was limited given the fact that the enemy forces grew stronger by the second, idling about wasn't a viable option either. It was a rather tough decision. Nevertheless, Lory maintained her laid-back composure.

"As I said, Sunny, it's your call... I'm not exactly the strategist type, myself." She stretched her limbs. "But as long as you give me stuff to break, I'm yours to command." She then nodded enthusiastically.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer nodded. "Alright. We will go soon, and break as much skellies as possible...maybe those light freaks might get involved. Personally I haven't really met Starlight..but I've met Twilight before...she just seems so calm...trying to be innocent while she's not." she states. A few minutes later the guard followed by a few others enter the throne room. One of them is a dark blue pegasus with a crossbow, armoured wings, 2 others are earth ponies with heavy armour, and black crystal swords. One was a smart looking Unicorn mage with a purple robe. They start to go down the stairs, Sunset commands Lory to follow them as they do so.

As they start to leave the crystal empire they can see ponies going about their lives on the street. All of them bowing to the group. They reach the border of the city to the wilderness beyond. Guards are standing guard, ready to attack. Quite alot of them.

• Brohoof 1

"Alright!... That's what I'm talking about. We've got ourselves a gang!" Lory celebrated as she stood among the other guards. In the crowd, the mare stood out slightly, given her garbs resembled a typical Manehattan delinquent rather than a proper member of the dark army. Very little did that bother her, however. More than anything, she was excited for the expedition to begin. Ever since she arrived at the Crystal Empire after Twilight's distortion, her thirst for blood and eagerness to fight had increased drastically - she didn't know exactly why. Either way, her mind was set on one objective: bring down the light princess and her servants.

"Let's do this!!" She exclaimed, moving out.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer smirked at what Lory said. As they moved out the wilderness seemed to spread out further and further, until they were in an open field of sorts. Way in the distance is canterlot, purple and white magic seems to flow out of the castle in the form of light and swirl together in a rather elegant display. Thankfully, they weren't spotted by light ponies. However as they got closer to Starlight's town the landscape changed, it looked more rugged and beat up. Probably from all the fighting and battles that happens here. 

A few skeletons started to come their way. Around a dozen or so, the earth ponies lunge towards them, slashing them to pieces. Sunset fired lasers at their joints so they would collapse. More skeletons were on their way.

Edited by Twilight Witch
  • Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

Once Lory noticed the commotion picking up on the front lines, she promptly unsheathed the wooden bat from her back and held it midair, enveloped by a wine-colored magical aura. Charging forward with a devilish grin plastered on her face, she soon arrived in the heat of battle.

It wasn't long until one of the skeleton minions took note of her presence. Immediately, it sprinted off in Lory's direction. Readying herself, she patiently awaited for the enemy to be just close enough, and when it did, the battle-hardened mare swung Batsy vigorously, cutting wind as it soared. A well-aimed strike at the skeleton's skull was enough to send it flying out of the park.

"One." She counted out loud.

Behind her, another opponent prepared an ambush. In a sharp turn, Lory managed to hit it, albeit it wasn't enough to detach its limbs - despite the frail look, they were amazingly resilient. Immediately, the skeleton reeled in for a counter attack, to which the mare responded by swinging her bat downwards, crushing its head onto the dirt beneath her hooves.

"Two." The score went up.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset fought the skeletons rather brutally, she didn't care how much damage as being done. Swinging her scyche in many motions, many times rending a few apart in a row. The pegaus flew up into the air and aimed at the skeletons carefully, taking down others approaching the group. The unicorn mage that was with them sent out a wave of magic at them, sharpened into the form of a large blade. It hit the chests of quite a few, didn't take them down but weakened them though.

The other skeletons that started to come out seemed to be a little larger and bulkier. With bone armour in some places. Lory caught sight of a pink figure watching them in the distance, matching Starlight's description, the next time she looked, the figure was gone. 

• Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

"Oh no you don't!" After having lost the mysterious silhouette from sight, Lory took off in an attempt to chase it. She didn't manage to go much further, however, when a considerably larger skeleton minion barred her movement by stepping in front of her. She dug her hooves onto the soil, managing to brake right before colliding against the enemy. The large skeleton, for its part, lifted its head up and swung it down like a pendulum, hurling Lory to the side.

After being thrown a couple of meters away, she landed flat on her back, grunting in pain. Yet, she managed to get back on her hooves shortly after, with the skeleton that had headbutted her on her sights. Fuming with anger, she levitated her bat back up and dashed towards the opponent.

Once near enough, the undead warrior attempted to strike once again. Lory managed to evade the attack this time around by leaping backwards. Immediately after, she hurried back in and delivered a blow to the skeleton's left fore-leg, who staggered. Next, the mare went for its left hind-leg, managing to topple the beast over. After that, a well-placed swing to its throat finally shut it down.

"Three..." She continued, panting heavily out of breath. "THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME!! I'M GOING AFTER HER!!" Lory communicated to Sunset Shimmer, then sprinting off towards Starlight's last seen location amidst the crossfire. She was injured, however, from when she was thrown.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

The others in the group by now had completely destroyed the weaker skeletons. The 2 larger earth ponies were managing the large skeletons well enough, while the archer pegasus was taking out the ones that started to come in. The mage sends out another wave of magic, causing the skeletons around to collapse, a few start retreating but are although picked off by Sunset Shimmer. "Be safe, Lory." Sunset commands. They begin dealing with the other skeletons who are more bulkier, and harder to take down.

Lory ran towards the town without much trouble. She noticed that green brick was what the streets were made out of. Other skeletal ponies weren't paying her much attention. focusing on the group fighting them instead. Lory saw Starlight perched on a roof, towards the center of the town.

Edited by Twilight Witch
  • Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

Lory grit her teeth upon spotting Starlight on the roof, and began running towards her. She didn't pay much mind to the landscape around her or to the enemies running past: she focused solely on hunting down the big prize.

As she was galloping, a few skeletons began charging towards the opposite direction, straight at her, like a jousting competition. Taking note of that, Lory prepared herself, not slowing down her pace in the slightest. Seconds before the clash, the mare stopped abruptly and flung the blunt weapon in an upwards motion, sending the ghoul's head flying. "Four--" Another skeleton followed up immediately behind. Making use of momentum, she brought the bat back down forcefully, smashing its skull in a similar fashion. "Five!"

Lory ceased her chase once she approached the building where Starlight was watching from atop. The delinquent mare awaited a few seconds, until the skull from the fourth victim dropped back down from the sky. She took hold of the skull with her magical aura and looked up, meeting eyes with Starlight. Staring daggers, Lory reeled back.

"Come down and PLAY!!" She lobbed the severed head like a ball, dead-aimed at the light princess.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Lory could see that Starlight was smirking rather evily. Blue flames were in her eyes, her mane and tail ended with a slight greenish color. She was clearly an alicorn and her sides have blue lines that seemed to be in patterns. Her cutie mark was a blue 4 pointed star on the side, and infront of that was a black 4 pointed star, tilted in another direction. She flared her wings and flew up. Blue flames appeared around her in a dangerous motion.

The green brick started to move around in a sort of wave pattern. Trying to push Lory back.

• Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

"Ah, hell..." Lory mouthed under her breath once she noticed she had angered the Alicorn. Beneath her hooves, she felt the brick street starting to move as if an earthquake was taking place. The tremors became more and more intense, until the floor began creating waves, pushing her back.

It was a tremendous flow of magical energy - one of which Lory had never witnessed before; much less expected it. It proved incredibly difficult to stand still, having to fight back the earth pulses like a fish swimming against the current. Unfortunately, the mare's magical prowess wasn't nearly as efficient as her combat skills. In those conditions, as much as she hated to admit, very little could she do against Starlight. Unmatched; overpowered. Soon enough, her legs gave in: she was brought down to the ground, and shoved backwards out of town.

Once again, Lory had fallen. Yet, that only made the adrenaline in her veins flow more vigorously. Before she could get back up, she found herself surrounded by a small group of skeletons. In pure rage, she took hold of her bat: it began glowing brightly, infused with magic.

"GET OUT OF MY WAAAY!!" She exclaimed, in one fell swoop being able to take down most of the undead warriors. She was clearly exhausted - drained of stamina.

@Driz

Starlight cackled as the green brick shoves Lory away from her. Sunset and the others were currently taking down some of the larger skeleton warriors. Quite a bit of bones were scattered about the place. However the next ones that came in were wearing heavy armour and had blue flames in their empty eye sockets. These ones are going to be harder to take down. Theres around 5 or 6 of these ones. The pegasus archer shot a few arrows at them, causing a few cracks in their skulls. The earth ponies were having difficulty taking them down. Sunset sent out a black beam that seemed to crack their armour up, and then she swung her scyche at them, breaking their armour. She takes down one. The others take down the other skeletons eventually. More keep coming.

Starlight seems to be just watching and observing Lory intently.

Edited by Twilight Witch
  • Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

Panting heavily, Lory eyed Starlight back. She grit her teeth in anger, but soon enough, she became tired. She didn't want to attempt charging in recklessly again, since between the mare and her objective stood a humongous magic field that covered most of the area below. She needed to try something else: something that would give her any sort of advantage.

After getting back up on her hooves, Lory levitated her wooden bat and pointed it at Starlight.

"Why don't you come down here and fight like a pony?... Coward!" She taunted. "If you're so freakin' powerful, come and get me!... Or are you gonna keep hiding behind your stupid Nightmare Night parade?" Relentless, she carried on.

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 1

@Driz

Starlight cackled again at Lory, she got closer to her. Blue flames were seen in her eyes, larger flames this time. "Your...the...coward here! Fight me!" she taunted evily, and started sending blue lasers at Lory. If she should happen to get hit she feels a little more..afraid. Must be Starlight's magic. The other skeletons started to focus on the group members, as Starlight would handle Lory herself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Twilight Witch

Her pupils shrunk and her eyes drooped once she saw Starlight casting magic beams towards her. Our of instinct, Lory leaped to the side and managed to dodge the first attack.

"Th-That's not what I meant, you jerk!! You're still using your crazy-unfair light magic stuff!!" The mare then began running away as fast as she could, just barely avoiding the deadly lasers each time. One thing was for sure: she got what she deserved. Perhaps she managed to hit a nerve, and now the all-powerful Light sovereign was on her tail. She had to come up with a plan, and fast.

Galloping back through the town, the mare eventually managed to reach a narrow alleyway that stood between two houses. She threw herself towards it and rolled to safety, away from Starlight's field of vision. She sat down on the ground with her back against the wall, breathing rapidly.

"Think think think think think!..." Lory massaged her temples desperately attempting to think of how to possibly win that dispute. Next to her, there were a couple of empty trash cans laying around. But she didn't hide inside of them. Instead, she remained in the alleyway.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Starlight chuckled evily at what she said. "Do not confuse me for that STUPID Twilight! I am the spirit of FEAR!!!she shouted at Lory as she ran. She started to go searching for Lory, and eventually gave up to a short attention span. The houses sometimes had green brick on them, aswell as the alleyway. Thankfully for Lory there was no wave, however there were some skeletons walking about the town.

• Brohoof 1

Peeking from her hiding spot, she could see that Starlight had momentarily given up on the pursue. Tip-toeing out of the alleyway, she frantically looked around in order to ensure that she wasn't spotted. In the shadows, she began following Starlight from behind, sneaking in closer and closer. Once she reached a reasonable distance, Lory sprinted off and leaped towards the so-called spirit of fear, brandishing her wooden bat.

"GOTCHA NOW!!" She exclaimed, attempting to deliver a strike aimed at the back of her head.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

The force of the impact delivered a painful blow to Starlight's head. It certainly hurt her thats for sure. Starlight passed out from this. The blue flames around her faded away, Starlight was all Lory's now. Although theres alot of skeletons around. Sunset, fighting in the distance smiled at Lory. She was happy at what she did. "RETREAT!" she shouted, and the group started retreating away.  

• Brohoof 1