Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Corrupted Harmony IC (1x1 with Driz)

Props Valroa

"I gotta admit... That was pretty darn fun." She said, patting the dust off from her bat and sheathing it back into her saddle. "I'm gonna miss breaking your skeletons, 'Stache... Gonna be weird fighting side by side form now on. But nothing I can't get used to." After saying that, she lifted up a hoof towards Starlight for a bump.

"Here's to teaching Twifart a good lesson."

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Starlight hesitated angrily for a second, but she did bump Lory's hoof, smiling very very slightly. "So what should we do with 'Twifart' once we take her down?" Sunset asked Lory and Starlight. Starlight grinned evily. "We make her our workdog." she states.

• Brohoof 1

She shrugged. "I don't really care what happens to her, so long as she stops that mind-bending bullcrap... I've had about enough of being chased around by her annoying light puppets." Lory sighed.

"I'm in this for my own reasons... Since we got the same objective, might as well team up. But after we do our thing, I'll be gone... So yeah. I don't care." She scratched the back of her head.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset nodded. "My intention is to bring back Twilight. The Twilight that was before....all of this. Why did she do what she did? I don't know..." she stated. "Maybe she met the pony I met with that gemsword." Starlight suggested. Her 2 skeletons stood silently, like statues. 

• Brohoof 1

"Whatever it was, she can't keep this up." Lory said. "For all we know, the ponies in this town are the only ones left not being controlled by her... If anything, we're the only hope left to put an end to this before too late." She became pensive, but soon disregarding her deep thoughts with a lengthy, annoyed sigh.

"Whatever. I think I might go take a shower or something... Hit me up if something needs breaking." She waved, and began moving back towards the castle, and into her quarters.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset agreed with Lory. Sunset went to her master bedroom shower and took a shower. As for Starlight she proceeded to wander the castle to find one, eventually going in and taking one in someone elses's room, while they weren't there. Eventually though, the 3 met in the throne room, Sunset suggested that they would go to see where the tree of harmony is at. 

• Brohoof 1

Refreshed, warm and clean, Lory stepped into the throne room. She had her battle garments ready, eager to set off to another mission.

"Riding right towards the wolf's den, huh?" She inquired, beaming brightly. "About time! Hey, let's not forget to bring our axes and chainsaws so we can cut the evil at the root!" The mare laughed joyfully.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer sighed. "Its not going to be easy unfortunately. The last time I was there the tree had grown its roots out....all over. They are made out of Solid Crystal of some sorts. Its quite hard. It also pulsates and radiates energy. Its quite...strange to see what Twilight has done. Begs the question of why shes like this at all. But, I think my...summoning will do just fine." Sunset said, gathering a group of other ponies to go with, the same group as last time. Starlight's wings start to have blue flames around them, they start departing for the tree of harmony.

• Brohoof 1

Lory looked down at the ground for a few seconds, and then back up at Sunset. "Yeah... I gotta admit. This really is weird." She thought for a few moments more. In reality, she didn't much bother to learn the reason behind the princess' sudden betrayal; much less about the brain-washing light magic she acquired. For all she cared, knocking some sense into her in order to win her life back was her sole purpose. Nevertheless, as the days went by, the questions grew in number while the answers diminished. 

"Whatever bug bit her, we'll get rid of it. For sure... Don't sweat it, Sunny." She attempted to comfort her partner.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer nodded. "Yeah...she could be possessed...controlled...or she did it on her own will. I don't know. However, I just wonder how much the tree of harmony has grown." she stated. They moved forward. A group of ponies, ones with glowing eyes, and crystal armour spotted them and charged at them. Sunset Shimmer smirked and her scyche glowed a deep red color, she swung it at them. What happened next, was surprising to say the least. The scyche moved through the ponies as if they weren't there. The ponies then passed out after that. 

• Brohoof 1

Lory simply watched as the entire scene unfolded. She didn't have enough time to react to the enemy's advance, and as soon as she came to the realization of what was going on, the skirmish was seemingly over. Resting easy after having jumped, she trotted over to Sunset.

"The hell was that!?" She asked, looking down at the passed out ponies. "Are they dead?..."

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer smirked evily. "Nope. I removed Twilight's influence from them. Twilight casted a simple spell on them. Has to be simple for so many ponies." she remarks. Another group started to approach them, Starlight shot out blue flames at them. As the flames touched them the ponies shivered in fear.

• Brohoof 1

"Ooooooohhhhhh..." She exhaled with a completely blank expression. "...Wait, can you do that?" She then asked, perplexed. As the following attackers were dealt with all the same, the mare simply stood back. She grew a smug smile on her face and watched it all: Starlight's fabled "fear magic" was also put on display for Lory to witness.

"Is this really it?... No challenge at all?" She inquired. "I don't even need to do anything! You guys can just do this alone!" And she laughed.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset laughed a bit. "However, Twilight herself won't be easy at all to take down....her minions are weak. They fight in numbers. Not in strength." Sunset stated. More and more came in, and were dealt with the same, more numbers meant more difficulty, eventually there came a point where the 3 got hit a few times.

• Brohoof 1

"Ah, great..." Lory exclaimed sarcastically as more and more waves of enemies stampeded towards them. She grabbed hold of her weapon and began fending off against whatever ponies managed to get past Sunset and Starlight in the front lines. Greatly tougher than the skeletal minions, the mare couldn't do much more than knock them out and push them back. She didn't feel the need to kill - not while they had the power to free them from Twilight's bindings.

With that in mind, Lory continued to fight the light warriors off.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

As they were Knocked out Sunset Shimmer swung her scyche at them. Once again it did what she just shown. More and more were swarming around the group, charging in. Starlight sends a blast of fear fire out at them, weakening their fighting ability, but theres alot of them. One thing is certain, Sunset Shimmer tells Lory that Twilight will surely know of the group's presence. They slowly manage to move forward, towards the tree of harmony. 

• Brohoof 1

"On it!" Lory exclaimed after having pushed yet another pony out of the way. She quickly trotted towards the band and was rapidly moving towards their destination. "Hell, let her come!" She said while running, referring to Twilight. "If she shows up, we'll save time!" Once the mare looked in front of her, however, she was able to see a mysterious silhouette walking out from behind a tree. Immediately, she dug her hooves into the ground and stopped running in order to not collide against said silhouette.

---

HELIOSbanner.png.39be73e2e5f4823ccb0918156f7c145e.png

Before Lory could properly identify who exactly was blocking her path, he gave a fair warning: "This is as far as you will go." The Pegasus stallion said firmly. He had a silver coat and ash-brown mane an tail. His eyes were colored golden. He was wearing a simple jacket with a few odd-looking, multi-colored bottles and vials strapped onto it. Upon taking note of his physiognomy, Lory's mouth stood agape. She couldn't believe her eyes in the slightest.

"Teach?..." She simply asked. "Miss Vox." To which he responded. He eyed each of the ponies in the group, then noticing the presence of Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer. Recognizing them immediately, his expression remained resolute; unshaken. He didn't intend to let them proceed.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" She insisted. "I could ask the same." He sharply replied once again. "Unfortunately, this does not seem like the most opportune location for us to converse. For that reason, I shall only say this once..."

"Turn back."

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer looked rather confused. "You know him Lory? But how?" she asks. Starlight kept fighting the ponies around, until they eventually stopped coming for now, she turned to the pegasus stallion. "Head back? It'd be pointless..." Starlight said. "No, not really. Let him speak with us, in a better location as he said. We can do this later." she stated. 

• Brohoof 1

"Nuh-uh. No deal." She told Sunset Shimmer while shaking her head. "We're not turning back. We're not listening to this guy." Lory declared while staring Helios down.

For his part, Helios closed his eyes and chuckled lightly. "As reckless as ever, I see..."

Lory grit her teeth in anger.

"If I may clear some of the confusion, at least I shall introduce myself." The stallion took a polite bow. "My name is Helios Whitequill. I used to mentor Miss Vox during her stay at the restoration facility of Canterlot High. I have managed to acquire information of her current whereabouts and thus, I have come to prevent that she put herself in any form of danger."

"So you're with Twilight, huh?... You're just another one of her puppets?" She inquired.

Helios said nothing: instead, he simply lowered his head.

"I knew it." She smirked, taking his gesture as a yes.

"Miss Vox... As a teacher, it saddens me deeply for us to have met under such dreadful circumstances. I was but a short moment too late, and you were absorbed by the corrupted Crystal Heart's dark energy. Miss Vox..." He took a deep breath. I wish to rescue you."

"Pfft!" She scoffed. "You serious!? Don't make me laugh, old geezer! We're the ones who're going to save Equestria from your princess' demented ideals."

"You fail to understand." He insisted. "Simply look at yourself. You have become a threat. A bloodlust killer who wishes nothing but destruction--" Immediately, Lory cut his speech short.

"ENOUGH OF YOUR CRAP!!She exclaimed, and attempted to charge forward.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer blocked Lory from charging forward. She looked rather annoyed with what was going on. "Calm down, Lory. A calm mind can go a long way. If he does turn out to be a spy or with Princess Twilight. We'll deal with him then. We'll keep him at our empire, under watch, okay?" she asks calmly and then turns to Helios. "However she is correct about us trying to save Equestria. DO NOT confuse dark for evil. DO NOT." she scolded. Starlight just watched all this with a slight grin, staying rather quiet. 

• Brohoof 1

Helios stopped on his tracks momentarily once Sunset Shimmer raised her voice on him. He seemed to become regretful, bowing down his head in an apologetic manner.

"Do forgive my rudeness, Miss Shimmer. I did not intend to associate your name with the evil." He then returned his gaze towards Lory. "In reality, I only fear what such powerful magic could possibly mean to her. Her case, you see, is... special." He tilted his head.

"You're special, you goddamn square!!" Lory promptly returned, attempting to reach him behind Sunset's obstruction like a rabid dog on a leash.

"As I had mentioned earlier, this is not an ideal moment for us to speak... It does seem like my warnings fall on deaf ears, unluckily." He then turned around; his back facing the group. "Proceed if you will, Miss Shimmer. I trust you shall protect those who fight alongside you... If you would give me the honors, I shall be awaiting your return outside your Empire's gates. Perhaps we could come to an understanding then." The professor began his walk back into the forest. "Until we meet again."

Just then, Lory managed to jump over Sunset and quickly dashed towards Helios. "We're not done yet!!" She screamed as she pulled up her bat and swung it towards the stallion.

In a fraction of a second, Helios took note of Lory's sudden assault. In response, he flared out his massive Pegasus wing, revealing a small vial holding a black substance inside. Lory's weapon came in contact with this vial before reaching Helios himself. The attack shattered the container whole and, once it did, a massive explosion took place.

"GAAHHHH!!" The mare was violently flung backwards as a result of the blast: likewise, her wooden bat was torn apart, with small pieces of it scattering everywhere. Once the dust settled, Helios Whitequill had completely vanished from sight.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset shimmer nodded and watched what happened with amazement, before the trio was blasted away. Starlight stands up, shaking the dust off of her. "What the..." Starlight mutters. Sunset doesn't reply to her, and looks at Lory with a slight glare, standing up straight. "Lory, we are going back. Right. Now. Don't do that again, you hear me?" she questions, scolding.

• Brohoof 1

"NO!!" She sharply rebuked, trying her hardest to stand back up on her hooves. She had taken the full-on blast of the mysterious explosion, and was hurt pretty bad. She had scratches all over her body - some deeper than others - and a couple of bruises as well. She was shaking on her legs, albeit she did manage to stand up straight eventually.

"I've had enough of you bossing me around!..." She walked a tad closer to Sunset. "You always want everything done your way, and you never let me do things my way!..." She slowed down her pace a little. Likewise, her voice became somewhat softer. "If you hadn't stopped me... I would've wrecked that dork..." She came to a sudden halt, panting heavily. "I would've... knocked him out and... we would... move forward..." She lowered her head. "I'm gonna... continue... I won't... stop... I... won't..." Just then, her eyes suddenly rolled to the back of her head and Lory dropped to the floor, unconscious.

Not too long after that, she began snoring peacefully. It was just the same as last time.

• Brohoof 1

@Driz

Sunset Shimmer looked over the fallen Lory with a sad frown. She sighed, and gently picked her up and strung her over her back. Starlight and Sunset departed the place to walk back to the Crystal Empire. Should Helios spot them, he would see a sleeping Lory on Sunset's back.

• Brohoof 1

"Mm... Lme... Leme at'em... I'm gonna... beet 'im up..." Lory faintly muttered in her slumber while being carried away.

Sitting down next to a tree not too far away from the Crystal Empire's front gates, rested Helios Whitequill. Upon noticing the group's arrival, he sent Sunset and Starlight a polite nod, lifted himself up and slowly walked towards them. He glanced at the passed-out unicorn, and simply blinked a few times. He grew a small smile on the side of his mouth.

"Miss Shimmer... Miss Glimmer..." The stallion repeated the same bow from before. "Would you mind if I accompanied you towards the castle? There are a few matters I would like to discuss."

• Brohoof 1