Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies ever get killed?

Deltroz

Do ponys ever get killed? They seem pretty passive even the bad guys r like I'm gonna enslave u

or I'm gonna take over equestria by trapping the queens and stuff in green sacs

but isn't there death in this world 

is Granny Smith or any old ponys gonna die

yes there was that funeral in the one with CMC tryna make their teacher fall in love but that's it. 

Equestrian deaths :1

im not asking for more deaths but I'm curios do they have a time limit on this world? 

Or will equestria eventually overpopulated and get wiped out by disease?

but they r invincible to death do disease won't happen lol

In Micro-Series Issue 8, there's a flashback to a battle/war fought in Canterlot, with a pony nearly getting hit, and thus killed, in the crossfire but is saved at the last moment. They wouldn't really make a big deal out of that unless they can in fact die. There are also several historical Ponies mentioned in past tense, implying they're no longer of this world. 

That said, things in Equestria seem to live for an astronomically long time regardless. The Crystal Ghost in the comics for example was hiding away from Sombra for over 100 years, which wasn't seen as a big deal by it or Twilight. Unicorns like Starswirl the Bearded have also apparently lived for hundreds of years.  

• Brohoof 1

To quote Snails:

In all seriousness, I don't care about the lifespan of the characters. How long they live is not the focus of the show! Stories of Friendship are!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 5

20 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

Well, is this considered as dying?
147892__safe_animated_hub+logo_king+somb 

If not, then in the show no, but I do believe ponies do die, they just live longer than humans.

This is about the only on-screen 'death' we have seen at this point, though if you count the comics as canon he does come back, and even then I still question it as a true death. The flying horn was always seem by me as a potential comeback, regardless of what show staff say. :P

@Deltroz Also moved this to Show Discussion as it's relating to the show; for the most part.

• Brohoof 4

40 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

This is about the only on-screen 'death' we have seen at this point, though if you count the comics as canon he does come back, and even then I still question it as a true death. The flying horn was always seem by me as a potential comeback, regardless of what show staff say. :P

@Deltroz Also moved this to Show Discussion as it's relating to the show; for the most part.

It is definitely the closest to a death as the return comic arc has too many show contradictions

Anyway, Of course ponies die, but we won't see it because it's a show aimed for little girls, the most we will get is talking about death.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't know sombra was a pony...

i thought he was a hell beast so bad he got locked in hell

but anyways that would be considered dying

and yes it is aimed for little girls but I'm just thinking my thoughts out of my mouth hole

i think the only deaths that have happened are sorta off screen one like if (not mlp) someone got stabbed they might die or not but they are in background so we never know

someone could get hit by a brick in background we still don't know 

i also looked up and u guys r correct

• Starswirl the Bearded 
    • Clover the Clever 
    • Princess Platinum 
    • Private Pansy 
    • Commander Hurricane 
    • Smart Cookie 
    • Chancellor Puddinghead 
  • Bright Macontish - Is dead of unknown causes 
  • Pear Butter/Buttercup - Is dead of unknown causes

6 hours ago, Galaxian Darkanine said:

The Crystal Ghost in the comics for example was hiding away from Sombra for over 100 years, which wasn't seen as a big deal by it or Twilight.

Except Sombra's curse had some kind of space-time shenanigans going on... so if anything, the Crystal Bard was merely preserved the whole time (just like the Crystal Ponies).

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if this counts, but going back to the comics, there was one Princess Amore who was turned to stone then shattered. Supposedly she's not dead, but we really didn't know that when it happened.

861992__semi-dash-grimdark_idw_king+somb

1 hour ago, PathfinderCS said:

Not sure if this counts, but going back to the comics, there was one Princess Amore who was turned to stone then shattered. Supposedly she's not dead, but we really didn't know that when it happened.

The most that ever happens to anyone in this show/series is them getting turned to stone, since they (for some reason) seem to treat being turned to stone as "not dying" even if you're shattered, on the basis of it being still possible to put your shards back together. Even sombra got retconned as surviving.

for example, in a "get rid of them in a Non-lethal way" (Movie spoilers)

They turn the princesses to stone to get rid of them in the movie, since that's a way to put them in mortal danger without technically threatening to kill them

And the storm king gets offed in the same way by being stoned and shattered, in a "he's POSSIBLY not dead, just shattered!" way

So what I'm getting is that they can die but even real bad guys are like "I'm gonna (get )stone(d) you "

maybe even the cruelest pony have good in them

like a 99 to 1 ratio and that 1 bit tells them to "spare them in a impossible way"

so even then I'm starting to question does evil magic make ponies more evil like if twilight did evil magic all the time she would become hungry for more

is love and magic the same?

if it is here go's

(new theory: a pony has a set amount of magic and can obtain more if they do good things or use it to good intentions by magic I mean pegisi use their wings to clear sky's and earth ponys to do earth 

but in unicorns the magic can be opened and Used

good intentions mean more love because more love from other ponys for what they did 

evil magic on the other hand Is different

if evil magic gets used and people even if they like what you do you can't get back that magic and if there is something influencing the bad magic and the spell / influential thing get broken you realize what you did and stop to look at rash decisions you made and this is important

1: you can look at what happens and feel remorse  and the magic will be given back too you

or 2: you don't feel remorse and continue to do bad things and the evil consumes you and power hungry and to make people feel what you feel which is no love/ magic. Then take the magic to continue becoming more power hungry

like cocaine

changlings are WAY different on the other hand

they have an input / output for love AND magic

these creature are th only ones that have 2  "tanks"

if they give love they will become happier and will revive their fill

and can take love and be sad forever then turn into a bad thingmabob 

that's all I got 

BUT HEY THATS JUST A THEORY

A GAME THEORY

6 minutes ago, Deltroz said:

So what I'm getting is that they can die but even real bad guys are like "I'm gonna (get )stone(d) you "

maybe even the cruelest pony have good in them

like a 99 to 1 ratio and that 1 bit tells them to "spare them in a impossible way"

so even then I'm starting to question does evil magic make ponies more evil like if twilight did evil magic all the time she would become hungry for more

is love and magic the same?

if it is here go's

(new theory: a pony has a set amount of magic and can obtain more if they do good things or use it to good intentions by magic I mean pegisi use their wings to clear sky's and earth ponys to do earth 

but in unicorns the magic can be opened and Used

good intentions mean more love because more love from other ponys for what they did 

evil magic on the other hand Is different

if evil magic gets used and people even if they like what you do you can't get back that magic and if there is something influencing the bad magic and the spell / influential thing get broken you realize what you did and stop to look at rash decisions you made and this is important

1: you can look at what happens and feel remorse  and the magic will be given back too you

or 2: you don't feel remorse and continue to do bad things and the evil consumes you and power hungry and to make people feel what you feel which is no love/ magic. Then take the magic to continue becoming more power hungry

like cocaine

changlings are WAY different on the other hand

they have an input / output for love AND magic

these creature are th only ones that have 2  "tanks"

if they give love they will become happier and will revive their fill

and can take love and be sad forever then turn into a bad thingmabob 

that's all I got 

BUT HEY THATS JUST A THEORY

A GAME THEORY

I went on a stretch 

23 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

The most that ever happens to anyone in this show/series is them getting turned to stone, since they (for some reason) seem to treat being turned to stone as "not dying" even if you're shattered, on the basis of it being still possible to put your shards back together. Even sombra got retconned as surviving.

for example, in a "get rid of them in a Non-lethal way" (Movie spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

They turn the princesses to stone to get rid of them in the movie, since that's a way to put them in mortal danger without technically threatening to kill them

Reveal hidden contents

And the storm king gets offed in the same way by being stoned and shattered, in a "he's POSSIBLY not dead, just shattered!" way

How do you have movie spoilers (which I foolishly read because I thought you were talking about Equestria Girls)? 

Edited by Ganondox

34 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Novelizations of the movie.

Didn't realize they were already out. Well I'm just going to hope they aren't a direct copy of the movie. :P 

2 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Any non-Alicorn ponies shall die, they just dont show us on-screen for obvious reasons.

Even the alicorn ones might die. 

• Brohoof 1