Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Favorite Season?

Sunrose Petal

Anyone have a favorite season? Mine is autumn! :pinkie:

Autumn to me is Frank Sinatra and the smell of rain, hot chocolate with cinnamon sticks, doggy snuggles, tart honey-crisp apples, candied pecans, the anticipation of Christmas, crunching leaves on walks, the smell of chili in the crock-pot on Sundays, the chill in the air that wakes you up in the morning, fuzzy socks and long sleeves, blankets freshly warm out of the dryer, hot pancakes on Saturday mornings drowning in maple syrup, foggy sunrises, cozy sweaters, decorating my desk with baby pumpkins and gourds, poetry, beeswax candles, skinny jeans and boots with leg warmers, pumpkin bread, rereading Harry Potter, swings and bike rides looking up at the changing tree stars, cinnamon rolls, tea, and apple cider. 

I just love it so much! :3

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Brohoof 6

I think I love Summer the most. That's the time, when the world is blooming with life and that fills me with positive energy. With that being said, I dislike Winter the most, because that's the time, when the nature goes to sleep and I'd like to do nothing, but stay at home. :P 

• Brohoof 2

Season 5 is easily the best, so many good episodes, but season 7 is really-Oh, wait, this isn't about ponies? Oops.

Anyway, I like Winter. I live in a really hot area, but I absolutely can not stand the heat, and here it can be pretty hot even during the time that's supposed to be Autumn. So, Winter's usually the only time things cool down, plus it's often dark outside for much longer and I love that too. Winter's nice and relaxing to me.

• Brohoof 8

As a kid winter was my favorite season... now its late fall. I envy those who get to see the autumn leaves, and feel the cold breeze as winter approaches. One of the down sides to living in a desert, regardless of season everything looks the same.

It is a tie between Autumn and Winter! Can't choose between the two. I love the eventual cooler temperatures of Autumn and the smell of the fallen leaves. Then Winter takes hold and brings in blistering cold that makes everything feel peaceful and quiet. Also makes me appreciate being cozy and warm in my room. :3

Winter all the way, I feel its much easier to warm yourself when you're cold than it is to cool yourself when you're hot. In summer I just feel sticky and tired. Doesn't help that I'm one of the unlucky 1/3rd of the population who suffers from hayfever every year, it gets rather severe. In winter I feel cosy and warm and snuggly and happy, it's just a much better time. Winter also contains Christmas which is a holiday I've always loved and always will because it too is cosy and full of music and light and family and friends. 

I would put spring as my second favourite because it's never too hot and I don't get hayfever so it's basically the only time I get to enjoy sunny days and being outside. Autumn is good too but it seems a little boring to me and is just like a less good winter so I'd put that as third.

• Brohoof 2

I like all 4 seasons, but mostly Autumn. All seasons have nice sides, but autumn is the only season for me where I have no problems. In summer, it is often to hot and humid (and I hate hot humid weather). In spring, I have allergy and in winter, I hate to drive at the morning over a snowy road. Ok, snow can also happen in autumn, but not so often. I also love to hike through a snowy landscape, but not driving in a snow storm. 

• Brohoof 1

Winter all the way. I like rain a lot, we get that a lot here. If, I am lucky there might even be snow. Who doesn't like it, when they drink a cup of hot cocoa, near the fireplace (or in my case the stove)?

Also, I get a break from school. Not to mention the fact, that I get to visit most of my friends. Winter's awesome!

Spring because it's the time of year where the weather gets warmer and the sun begins to go into our direction and the heat seems perfect, not too hot, not too cold, speaking of which, it's Spring for me right now.

13 hours ago, Rikifive said:

I think I love Summer the most. That's the time, when the world is blooming with life and that fills me with positive energy. With that being said, I dislike Winter the most, because that's the time, when the nature goes to sleep and I'd like to do nothing, but stay at home. :P 

Here right now my province is burning and my mom and grandparents are evacuating

people have died and their has been very much damage and people have lost thier entire life (money house job etc) just because this summer has been very dry

I've lived in my moms house for many years and would hate to have to watch it go to the fires

here in British Columbia summer is not a happy place

( I'm getting mad at you for likening summer I'm just telling you MY summer lol)

All seasons have their ups and downs. I used to really like Autumn as well, watching the leaves change color and drift around you whenever the wind picks up. Then I realized that I really like winter, too. Namely, the fresh chill when a blast of wind hits your face, the need to stay indoors, the beauty of freshly fallen snow, and the cheerful joy of Christmas.

Where I live, Summer is the worst and Spring is nearly so. It pretty never leaves the high nineties and when it does, it always just goes up, hitting triple digits. In the Spring, walk outside for one minute and be covered in bites from gnats and mosquitoes. No thank you, I like the feeling of Winter, makes me feel alive.

4 hours ago, Deltroz said:

Here right now my province is burning and my mom and grandparents are evacuating

people have died and their has been very much damage and people have lost thier entire life (money house job etc) just because this summer has been very dry

I've lived in my moms house for many years and would hate to have to watch it go to the fires

here in British Columbia summer is not a happy place

( I'm getting mad at you for likening summer I'm just telling you MY summer lol)

Oh, yes, there you're right. I'm aware, that in some places it's not a happy-time. In that case I'd probably change my mind regarding the favorite season. :P Where I live (Poland) it's not that hot, as it's all balanced I think. The temperature ranges from 24-37 °C during the Summer.

I like Spring and Autumn as well, but they have their pros and cons - one of them being dropping to pretty low temperatures sometimes. :P Summer for me seems to be the most 'energetic' season filled with sunshine.

As for Winter- From some point of view I love the calm days and nights, the pretty lights all over the place during Christmas, but the temperature is problematic. I so dislike wearing tons of clothes, not mentioning, that the coldness sometimes causes troubles. :P I used to like Winter as a kid, but now it's not fun. :twi: 

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Where I live (Poland) it's not that hot, as it's all balanced I think. The temperature ranges from 24-37 °C during the Summer. 

37°C? That is more than I have usually here in wester germany (ok, it depends on the thing that you have more continental climate and I have more maritime climate). The highest temperature this summer was 34°C. And honestly, that is to much for me. The problem here is also(I live in the rhineland near cologne), that it is always so humid when it get hot. And humid 30°C are the horror for me. This is my biggest problem with the summer. I like that you can make long outdoor activities in summer, but when it is to hot or/and humid, it is not so nice in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

37°C? That is more than I have usually here in wester germany (ok, it depends on the thing that you have more continental climate and I have more maritime climate). The highest temperature this summer was 34°C. And honestly, that is to much for me. The problem here is also(I live in the rhineland near cologne), that it is always so humid when it get hot. And humid 30°C are the horror for me. This is my biggest problem with the summer. I like that you can make long outdoor activities in summer, but when it is to hot or/and humid, it is not so nice in my opinion.

Yeah, but actually that was the highest temperature 2 years ago..? This year it was.. also something around 34°C I believe. I get what you mean- it is nice for some time, but then it becomes a horror when being outside for a relatively long time. I like to go for a walk, when it's hot and sunny like this- but it becomes really bad when you're unprepared or if you have to be outside against your will (job, for example). :P The biggest problem for me is always sleeping- sometimes it's just too hot to fall asleep. :twi: 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

:P The biggest problem for me is always sleeping- sometimes it's just too hot to fall asleep. :twi: 

Yeah, sleeping is in summer a really nasty thing, especially when you live in the attic floor and you can't really aerate. And when you want to stand up at the next morning, you feel so tired because of a bad hot night. And there is nothing you can do against it. Sleeping is in winter so much nicer than in summer.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have a favorite. All of them are fine, I just kinda enjoy holidays, so Summer or Winter.

I like Autumn. 

Beautiful season. Temps are about right (at least before November). Like all the seasonal flavors that spring up. All Hallows Eve is on the horizon. School didn't suck completely at that point.  And for some reason I kinda like the smell of burning leaves. 

Lots of good times for me during Autumn.