Sign in to follow this  
Sunrose Petal

General Favorite Season?

Well, I'll sound like a broken record now: Winter. Where I live winter is the only really nice season. And last year there were days that were too warm for me. =/

Even if I lived somewhere that still had the proper four seasons, I'd probably still say winter. I love the aesthetic of winter - the bare, brown trees and yellow/brown grasses contrasting with the evergreens. It's so beautiful, IMO. I like cold weather. It's easy to deal with, and it's perfect sleeping conditions. I like the lack of bugs (although, bugs are starting to stay around all year where I live now that the temperatures have risen so much). And I like snow/sleet/freezing rain. Obviously, not too much freezing rain. (Although a big ice storm totally got me through College Algebra with a B, so... It can still be a blessing. =P) But winter storms don't happen where I live anymore, so...

Autumn is a gorgeous season visually, and in my childhood I remember it getting chilly by mid October/November. Autumn used to be my favorite season back in those days.

Badges

15 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Oh, yes, there you're right. I'm aware, that in some places it's not a happy-time. In that case I'd probably change my mind regarding the favorite season. :P Where I live (Poland) it's not that hot, as it's all balanced I think. The temperature ranges from 24-37 °C during the Summer.

I like Spring and Autumn as well, but they have their pros and cons - one of them being dropping to pretty low temperatures sometimes. :P Summer for me seems to be the most 'energetic' season filled with sunshine.

As for Winter- From some point of view I love the calm days and nights, the pretty lights all over the place during Christmas, but the temperature is problematic. I so dislike wearing tons of clothes, not mentioning, that the coldness sometimes causes troubles. :P I used to like Winter as a kid, but now it's not fun. :twi: 

Winter you can snowboard and do sunpeaks

I love Summer the most by far. Everything is alive and bursting with fun and possibilities. That's the primary tourist season and for good reason. I love the warm weather and the feeling of the blood circulating through my veins. I can play outside without having to bundle up as though preparing for extended deep sea diving. The trees are all bright and green and at the peak of their beauty, and animals have come out of hibernation to embrace life. 

I like the weather to be one extreme or another, so I can go with winter to a degree. Spring is nice but lots of allergies keep me sidelined, and autumn just doesn't hold any appeal for me at all; it just seems like a transition into a season that has a stronger definition. 

Every season has something, I just don't care for most of it outside of Summer's abundant treasures. 

Badges

I used to say summer, but now I think it's spring. That's usually when it's my favorite kind of weather...sunny, but not too hot.

Next is probably summer, then winter, then fall. I like all of them, so it's hard to choose. But where I live, the fall can easily be pretty cold and rainy, so it's mildly unpleasant.

Winter is great. There isn't many mosquitoes out there like in summer. And I sleep easier when it's cold. 

My favorite season is probably autumn. October is my favorite month, Halloween my favorite holiday, it's not too warm like during summer, and not too cold like during winter. Autumn is colorful, and symbolizes to me the fact that nothing is eternal, everything slowly dies, then reborns. 

Gotta go with fall and winter. The winter sky is simply beautiful with Orion, Andromeda, and the winter Milky Way!  :pinkie:

The summer Milky Way is brighter, but the heat and humidity is just nasty that time of the year. 

I enjoy summer more than the other seasons tbh.

Badges

I'd say mine is Autumn for a bunch of reasons actually. In my country, it's still reasonably warm, given our Summer is so hot, it hardly rains, the fallen leaves can be quite the pretty sight (especially when you find a special bright red one)... It's also when my birthday happens and it has the most interesting holiday we don't celebrate: Halloween. Only negative really is that school and so on starts again in Autumn and I'm still stuck at uni.

After that, it would be:
2nd: Spring - easier to get sick during this season (my experiences) and weird weather, but it does have flowers and all that~
3rd: Summer - way too hot and the forest fires aren't helpful, but it feels like the happiest time of the year for most people
4th: Winter - gloomy weather, but it does have Christmas <3

I like Summer most as I prefer warm weather and sunshine.

Badges

summer is hot as fuck in australia and winter is too cold

so autumn or spring

preferably autumn since it's not too hot/cold

I like autumn the most, not too hot, not too cold.  House isn't overrun with bugs.

Summer, without a doubt! School's out, the weather's amazing, and I have loads and loads of free time!

Badges

I used to say Fall was my favorite season, but nowadays I seem to love Summer more. I’ve always been a fan of the warmer weather and all my favorite holidays/events are in the summer! :yay: School’s out (which doesn’t apply to me anymore but still...), there’s more people out and about, crowded beaches (which are actually fun), longer days, and of course, summer road trips! 

Summer always wins. 

Badges

Autumn would be my favourite season, as it is definitely the most tolerable for me, in addition to having quite a beautiful scenery to admire. Winter can throw a complete wrench in my schedule, where Summer can be unbearably warm. Spring I'm neutral towards, though weather conditions can be a lot more uncertain and annoying than Autumn.

Badges

Late spring to Summer. Winter can go.. Die forever for all I care. xD I hate the cold, I hate the deadness of the winter, the only GOOD thing about winter is the lack of bugs. But other than that winter sucks, I hate snow, I hate cold, I hate that nature shuts itself off during the winter. Spring has the coolest weather usually though, when the tornadoes and severe storms wanna be out more often, and when it's warmer.

Early spring to mid spring to even early late spring here in Colorado is still just winter with how cold it gets. xD Only the past few weeks have things finally been warm enough.

But yeah. If I HAD to pick a favorite I guess spring, but more specifically late spring.

For me, it's probably either Fall or Winter. Not a fan of hot temperatures.

Badges

On 9/5/2017 at 9:58 AM, Sunrose Petal said:

Anyone have a favorite season? Mine is autumn! :pinkie:

Me too.

Summer's too hot, winter's too cold,  spring has schizo weather and no pretty leaves.