Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight actually does seem to have a purpose as a princess, all things considered

Unlikeable Pony

While at first glance it seemed like twilight being made a princess was pretty pointless except from a toy making point of view, Twilight actually HAS gotten a pretty distinct role in the country compared to celestia and luna over the past season: Diplomacy.

Looking at what celestia has done over the past 1000 years, it looks like she's pretty much ignored every single non-pony civilization anywhere near equestria and has concentrated solely on dealing with the pony kingdoms; all well and good, but ever since Twilight took over as a princess, there's been a much larger outreach (by her) to other non-pony civilizations. Griffons, then dragons, changelings and yaks have all shown up following twilight becoming a princess and getting a castle. While twilight might not actually do a whole lot of Governing for the Equestrian kingdom itself, she has started to outreach to and build ties with OTHER kingdoms, something which absolutely none of the other princesses seemed to have been bothered with doing prior to twilight.

• Brohoof 9

Princess of Friendship: Her title itself is enlightening if we think about it. She is trying to enrich Equestria with a better friendship between their citizens and befriend neighbour civilizations as you have mentioned.

We have been shown on season's 5 finale that every true friendship in Equestria makes it stronger, so better friendships between its citizens is already a great deal to the whole land by itself. Expanding friendship beyond Equestria makes the land stronger by giving it allies and a better understanding of their differences between species.

She is not an administrator or a ruler kind of leader, but she has definitely been a huge asset to the royalty.

• Brohoof 1

I like when this show tells stories about diplomacy. They're outside of the norm for this kind of show. 

Can't say that makes her original ascension any more justifiable, though. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

Now if only our glorious writers would stop cramping her style with crystal thingamajigs and friendship students. Learning about the unknown + diplomacy is how you bring back old Twilight while keeping the new one. They could also learn a thing or two from Princess Allura, especially on how to turn a princess-y princess into a relevant and badass envoy without sacrificing all the princessnessness.

Makes sense, as we have seen a poster of Twi, Spike, and members of different species, like a jak and a changeling. Can't find it though :huh: . PLUS, we got this BIG spoiler of an unexpected species showing up. Trust me, BIG spoiler

20170909_123024.jpg 

On 9/8/2017 at 0:37 AM, Hierok said:

Good point. I still hope Cadence is getting a more important role too. Cadence is most underrated princess of all and many people forget her often.

I like Cadance a lot so I'd really enjoy her having more to do. 

• Brohoof 1