Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why there is still people liking ponies after almost 7 years:

age3rcm

"if you see god, you will lose faith on him"

the concept of faith is to believe on something you cannot have the certainity that it will be like that or will be that way

i believe that those bronies that still likes ponies after almost 7 years is because they did not put faith in the MLP-FIM show. and is not because they put faith on the bronies either!
they put faith in THE PONY

lets put it like this: the word "pony" can mean X things.

lets see if i can explain my point here:
compared to the word bronies and the name MLP-FIM, the word "pony" can define MUCH more things than these 2 combined.
pony can be... male, a filly, a fimfiction hero, a moth pony, and that cute thing that killed you.
while the word bronies can mean as soo little as a "adult male fan of MLP-FIM" and MLP-FIM means "the ongoing cartoon series owned by hasbro that started in 2010 designed by lauren faust"

pony can mean soo many things... if you put the "pony" is as abstract concept, to besomething we can either visualise it as something good or something as being perfect. similar to the word "utopia" or even the concept of god

something can only be perfect if we cannot define it

so

put pony in a position that you cannot define it pony can be perfect!

but renember: each person has its own definition of what is perfect

and if you pony the same position of the variable symbol

then you can say your pony is perfect! and you will forever love it!

in short words: if you treat the concept of "pony" like you would treat the concept of utopia/god you can be a brony forever, and will never get tired of pony.

BECAUSE PONY IS UNLIMITED.

469999536.thumb.jpg.c77b1bbbecdf15f9d636bdd3be341cfd.jpg

Edited by age3rcm
  • Brohoof 2

How does the miles long list of things I love more than this show fit in to that equation? 

Anyway, substitution of a word for an abstract concept does not make said word take on the properties of the abstract concept while retaining the original meaning. Words are simply linguisic units that a set of people agree have a certain meaning. The word love doesn't mean jack. The concept and emotion does. This isn't programming. 

You can try and trick your brain, but that's just training yourself through conditioning and routine, but such Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded ;)

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, meme said:

Orrrr it's just a good show that we enjoy?

You know, responding to a post that's full of thoughts, philosophy, and interpretation, with such a literal and straight forward response tends to kill conversations.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with you thinking that.  Just try giving concepts some thoughts. 

When it comes to any show with a lasting fandom, what the characters, the species, or the show as a whole means to everyone can be so different.  It could be something they watch just for fun, or it could be something that they learned from, that helped them through situations in their lives, something that inspires them, and so on.  It's worth some thought. 

I personally like the idea of going outside of the parameters of the show as just something to watch for fun or something owned by Hasbro.  Although in my own definition of perfection, for something in this world to be perfect, it must first be flawed, kind of the way it was shown in the song Flawless from Fame and Misfortune. 

4 minutes ago, Sharing Heart said:

You know, responding to a post that's full of thoughts, philosophy, and interpretation, with such a literal and straight forward response tends to kill conversations.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with you thinking that.  Just try giving concepts some thoughts.

I understand this but there really isn't much more to it than my answer. You can add in more details but they're not really necessary. It really is just something we all watch and enjoy and like to talk about.

Not everyone continued to watch the show for all these years, old fans left, and new ones eventually took their places.

Those who stayed enjoy the show and its characters and world enough to want to continue watching it.

• Brohoof 2

well, i started at the beginning of the 2nd season, so it's just been 6 years for me.

but my reasons have evolved. 

at first, it was becuase the show was so refreshing in it's purpose and themes.

But now it's because of the quality community that I enjoy thanks to the show, most especially the brony club that I started over a year ago.  

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I'm drawn in to the sheer amount of lore and what can be done with it.

I also like the character as developing units and foils for each other.

While saying that "Pony" symbolizes perfection for fans of the show is going a bit too far, I think there is always perfection in interpretations and potential.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I came across a pretty big realization for myself a few days ago. I actually don't really like the show as much as I thought. I started wondering, how much of the show do I really like? I even went back and counted.

I liked 9 out of the 26 season 1 episodes.

10 of the 26 season 2 episodes.

9 of the 13 season 3 episodes.

11 of the 26 season 4 episodes.

And 18 of the 26 season 5 episodes. (I only tallied the ones I have on DVD. Also, coincidence that season 5 is my fave?)

The majority of MLP episodes are pretty "meh", to me, so I had to wonder why I liked watching it so much. And I guess it's because I didn't expect to enjoy it at all. I set the bar pretty low for it. I was just blown away when I started watching, probably because I only happened to watch a fairly good episode (Cutie Map. It's good, right? I thought it was). If I had started with the Hoofields and McColts episode, or Appleoosa's Most Wanted, I probably wouldn't be here.

I just got lucky. And now, I can't help but watch MLP with my nostalgia goggles on. I even still have moments where I'll watch a new episode and go, "Yeah, that was awesome!" And two days later I'll go, "Nah, it really wasn't."

Because they're  adorably cute? why else would we be sticking around. As for the plot...not so much.

2 hours ago, jackfettgames said:

While saying that "Pony" symbolizes perfection for fans of the show is going a bit too far, I think there is always perfection in interpretations and potential.

Ditto on that. But that Hasbro's show "for little girls" for ya. 

Edited by TBD

I don't know. I guess I'm just drawn to the show because it contains a refreshing lack of cynicism, the characters are relatable and the world of Equestria is somewhere I could get lost in. It's very cute and a lot better than something you would expect from an cartoon called My Little Pony, much less a show primary aimed towards little girls. Plus the community surrounding it is pretty cool and they create tonnes of amazing content!

I guess my reasons for liking the show aren't quite as...philosophical. Not that there's anything wrong for liking the show for reasons like that.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, age3rcm said:

In short words: if you treat the concept of "pony" like you would treat the concept of utopia/god you can be a brony forever, and will never get tired of pony.

So if you believe it doesn't exist, you can be brony forever? :confused:

"if you cannot define it, you can be brony forever"
fixed your sentence

when you all tried to give your reasons, you where trying to define "pony"
since everyone has its own definitions, these definitions is the part where "pony" is perfect FOR YOU.

i did not mean pony IS perfect, but more in a ways perfect to YOU

On 07/09/2017 at 7:41 PM, meme said:

Orrrr it's just a good show that we enjoy?

when said that "its a good show" you gave a reason.

People enjoy MLP because it can bring people from them different ways of life together because it is actually valuing friendship, that is the point of the mane six being so different and the villain being reformed, some bronies dont cherish that part, sometimes its just the content or stuff, i think all of it is great, I dont think god = pony, but I think MLP = the best show there is for a lot of us for many of the relating reasons

• Brohoof 1

After my best series of all time (Japanese visual novel) ended, i was lost.:fiery: Nothing can satisfy me at that time, animes, mangas, i losed my interest in them, only things i want to watch at that time are horror, dark stuffs, gore to satisfy my egdy fetists. Then one day, my bastard friend watched My Little Pony in my TV... I try to stay away from it like plagues because i only want to watch egdy stuffs not some stupid girly cartoon (at that time i thought Animes are superior form of animation and i was tired of animes so...), and here i am, i have watched this stupid cartoon that i look down so much for years (2014) and become addicted to it... Now it is my primary show, just like my old visual novel, i spend my time talking about ponies, watch ponies and think about ponies, that weird, i used to think watching egdy stuffs is superior taste :fiery: I like the concept, the world, characters, voice actors, morals, cuteness, optimism and fandom... and of course because they are PONIES, this is a ultimate reason i dont watch any western cartoon series other than FIM because they are about PONIES, goddamn big-eyed technicolor HORSE, really stand out above the rest :toldya:

This series really bring out my inner child and treat it with respect.

Have Watched this series for 3 years and still wanting for more.

• Brohoof 1

@Aquaflame

i did not intend to call pony = god, just compared it to that first thought of "you see god, you lose faith on him"
you have faith on pony because you cannot see pony, and by "seeing" i mean knowing what exactly it is