Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poopy Fluttershy

Onylex

Ugh... really been in a rut lately with what I want to accomplish artistically versus what I can accomplish artistically...

This drawing didn't go at all the way I wanted it to...

What I have in my head and what I put on canvas seem to be pretty opposite.

Oh well, what can you do other than keep practicing right? I'll get there eventually.

Also, speaking of practice... this might be my last post for a while. I think I'm gonna take some leap time for study.

I'll be back soon or not. See ya when I see ya guys. :adorkable:

Thanks for viewing. :grin:

____blush_____by_onylex-dbmjj77.png

• Brohoof 5

Oy! I was lead to this thread under the assumption there would be some quality poop here! You hath disappointed me! I demand appropriate levels of poopy!

That's the thing with being an artist. You always assume your efforts are the worst because of a habit of comparison or what it "should look like." That is amazing. There will always be others, no matter your level of craftsmanship, that will look upon your work in awe as stunningly beautiful in comparison to their own work. I could heap praise upon you, but you're the one you ought be listening to, not me. You are always far, far better then you give yourself credit for, tis a natural state of mind!

That being said, this is internet after all. You know there's some out there with absolute indescribable scribbling that think they're the best thing ever! Long as you can believe that you've fully given your subject its proper justice & respect, that'll be where the true art springs forth from. Take your break if you feel so inclined, pace yourself & practice and you'll only ever climb upwards!

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Oy! I was lead to this thread under the assumption there would be some quality poop here! You hath disappointed me! I demand appropriate levels of poopy!

That's the thing with being an artist. You always assume your efforts are the worst because of a habit of comparison or what it "should look like." That is amazing. There will always be others, no matter your level of craftsmanship, that will look upon your work in awe as stunningly beautiful in comparison to their own work. I could heap praise upon you, but you're the one you ought be listening to, not me. You are always far, far better then you give yourself credit for, tis a natural state of mind!

That being said, this is internet after all. You know there's some out there with absolute indescribable scribbling that think they're the best thing ever! Long as you can believe that you've fully given your subject its proper justice & respect, that'll be where the true art springs forth from. Take your break if you feel so inclined, pace yourself & practice and you'll only ever climb upwards!

You know you're right.

That advice is probably... or rather... "it is" what I needed to hear.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Widdershins said:

That being said, this is internet after all. You know there's some out there with absolute indescribable scribbling that think they're the best thing ever!

While you definitely are't wrong here, I have to remember that there's also a secondary truth to it.

If there's someone out there who is worse off than me as far as artistic skill goes, it also means there is always going to be someone better than me as well. While I don't mean to say this as if to spin a pessimistic view on the idea, I do think I should probably be realistic about the art world I inhabit. This is especially so considering that I'm willing to post and interact with other artist all over the internet.

Its simply nature that comes with the inter-webbed art world. I ether have to accept this and embrace the idea or, pretend that I'm not apart of it. 

Personally, I prefer the latter. I think I as well as many other artist need to have someone better than them. A way to know that you can and will always grow. It also doesn't hurt to have someone to look up to as a guiding hero figure of sorts. 

Thanks again, it does mean a lot and I appreciate it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...