Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony dubstep demo

DashPony

(edited)

This song is just a demo, I don't have a title for it, and I haven't finished the bass drop yet. Please bare with me. It was made in FL Studio 9 Producer Edition and recorded with a MIDI keyboard.

I spent a few days studying some music theory, and it seriously helped me out a lot :wub:

This is what came from all that studying. It's not great, but not horrible either, so i'm happy with it :D Let me know what you think! Got any suggestions? I'd love to hear them. But once again, this is just a demo. It will take me a few more days to complete it

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8XRelDxzY0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Edited by DashPony
  • Brohoof 4

Whoa those resonant sweeps sound really cool! xD

I like it! However I'm not sure I would consider it as dubstep. It's great music, though!

What synths are you using?

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

Whoa those resonant sweeps sound really cool! xD

I like it! However I'm not sure I would consider it as dubstep. It's great music, though!

What synths are you using?

the Phony Brony

Thank you! Yeah, I have never tried dubstep before so it probably doesn't sound quite like it should lol. Hopefully that will change once I finish the bass drop and add in the wobbles, ect.

Most of the song is done with Sytrus. I'm using a lot of detuned saws and resonating pads :)

Thank you! Yeah, I have never tried dubstep before so it probably doesn't sound quite like it should lol. Hopefully that will change once I finish the bass drop and add in the wobbles, ect.

Most of the song is done with Sytrus. I'm using a lot of detuned saws and resonating pads :)

YES! Sytrus!!! :DDDDDDDDDDD

Haha, great choice in synth! xD

I feel like the unison voice detune for the synth that came in at 0:36 was kind of high for a dubstep instrument... I dont know though, it's not like I've ever had experience with dubstep :P

Anyways keep up the good work!

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

awesome work for a demo, keep it up B)

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this song dubstep as I intended..... the NI Massive VST keeps crashing :mellow: I might have to make it a trance song instead.....

(edited)

Bro, I can deal with this!

This sounds really good so far! maybe I need to read up on some music theory...hmmm

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this song dubstep as I intended..... the NI Massive VST keeps crashing :mellow: I might have to make it a trance song instead.....

Damn you MASSIVE!!! *shakes fist in air*

Seriously though, massive can be a bitch sometimes. I really hope you can work it out cause it sounds good for a dubstep song so far

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you!

bet it will be cool any way B)
  • Brohoof 1

This is more like liquid dubstep, actually. Finally a producer who doesn't think dubstep is all about the wobble basses :P

Anyways, this is a really nice tune. I hope you'll finish it ! :DD

• Brohoof 3

Bro, I can deal with this!

This sounds really good so far! maybe I need to read up on some music theory...hmmm

Damn you MASSIVE!!! *shakes fist in air*

Seriously though, massive can be a bitch sometimes. I really hope you can work it out cause it sounds good for a dubstep song so far

Yeah, Massive has completely stopped working now :mellow: But I'm trying another VST Called Zebra 2... it seems to be better than Massive so far, so I may just be able to finish the song :)

This is more like liquid dubstep, actually. Finally a producer who doesn't think dubstep is all about the wobble basses :P

Thank you! I'm not very fond of dubstep that is all wobble bass either, so I tried to give this song a decent melody

This is a great tune. i love the fact that its not all wubz and drops.This, i can rave to B). ^_^

Thanks! :D I plan on having a few wubs near the middle of the song, but nothing too extreme

• Brohoof 1

AWE MAN! Why you have to do me like that! I loved the tune, and everything! Then it ended right before what could imagine a DELICIOUS drop! So disappointed! Naw I kid, I really love it. The climax was perfect. Musicians nowadays dont appreciate climax, and proper spacing between beats...You have a good taste, keep it up.

P.S. You better no screw up that drop!

• Brohoof 1

AWE MAN! Why you have to do me like that! I loved the tune, and everything! Then it ended right before what could imagine a DELICIOUS drop! So disappointed! Naw I kid, I really love it. The climax was perfect. Musicians nowadays dont appreciate climax, and proper spacing between beats...You have a good taste, keep it up.

P.S. You better no screw up that drop!

Lol thank you :lol: I have never made dubstep before so....I really hope I get the drop right :huh: Got any advice?

Question since your making one, what exactly is the difference between liquid dubstep and regular dubstep? Don't think I've ever heard a liquid one.

Liquid Dubstep (or Chillstep) Tends to be very mellow and relaxing. It still has some wubs and wobble basses, but it isn't as extreme and crazy as normal dubstep. It's more like Trance music

Lol thank you :lol: I have never made dubstep before so....I really hope I get the drop right :huh: Got any advice?

Liquid Dubstep (or Chillstep) Tends to be very mellow and relaxing. It still has some wubs and wobble basses, but it isn't as extreme and crazy as normal dubstep. It's more like Trance music

Aah I've heard of Chillstep (or as my friend calls it chillwave.). I think I actually have a song I started but never finished that might classify under that subgenre. Though I normally care for the more wobble oriented and bass heavy songs.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification! Best of luck on finishing your song.

The one mistake A LOT of dubstep artists make is having real BASS in the drop. All to often I hear a song that has a great drop point but the bass doesnt flat line. The subwoofer doesnt pick up that signal. Make sure you make the bass present and make sure it's FORCEFUL.
  • Brohoof 1

I really hate this! This really sucks!... I really regret coming to this thread... I mean come on! I wanna listen to the rest D:

It's a nice intro, I can't really determine wether it's dubstep or not just yet, but it's definetly a great intro for it :)... Though this is how dubstep OFTEN started back in my days... before it was just distortion of distortion and all that..

Looking forward to the rest of it :) even if does not become dubstep... As mentioned, looking forward to it :)

PS. for those that don't get it, this isn't a hate message... I just dislike waiting for stuff.

• Brohoof 1

The one mistake A LOT of dubstep artists make is having real BASS in the drop. All to often I hear a song that has a great drop point but the bass doesnt flat line. The subwoofer doesnt pick up that signal. Make sure you make the bass present and make sure it's FORCEFUL.

Makes sense! Thanks :)

I really hate this! This really sucks!... I really regret coming to this thread... I mean come on! I wanna listen to the rest D:

It's a nice intro, I can't really determine wether it's dubstep or not just yet, but it's definetly a great intro for it :)... Though this is how dubstep OFTEN started back in my days... before it was just distortion of distortion and all that..

Looking forward to the rest of it :) even if does not become dubstep... As mentioned, looking forward to it :)

PS. for those that don't get it, this isn't a hate message... I just dislike waiting for stuff.

lol Thank you B) I'm going to try and finish the song today. If I can get it completed, i'll post it up as soon as it's ready.

Wow... I can't believe so many people like this song. I suddenly feel under a lot of pressure to make sure it's 100% epic :blink: I really REALLY hope I don't disappoint anypony :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Exactly. While I prefer the wobble basses, there ARE other kinds of dubstep.

On topic, this song is really good. I wish I could make music like this, all I can do is honk on a trombone :P

Oh and I LOVE your avatar, DashPony :3

• Brohoof 1

Wow... I can't believe so many people like this song. I suddenly feel under a lot of pressure to make sure it's 100% epic :blink: I really REALLY hope I don't disappoint anypony :blush:

Take your time mate :) We don't want you to stress it, we can wait and will wait if needed ^_^

ohw and btw, make it 20% more cooler :P jk

• Brohoof 1

Exactly. While I prefer the wobble basses, there ARE other kinds of dubstep.

On topic, this song is really good. I wish I could make music like this, all I can do is honk on a trombone :P

Oh and I LOVE your avatar, DashPony :3

Thank you :D

Actually, if you know a little bit about music, have the right software, and practice at it, anybody can make music like this. You can download a demo of FL Studio. Who knows, maybe you could end up making something completely awesome ;)

Take your time mate :) We don't want you to stress it, we can wait and will wait if needed ^_^

ohw and btw, make it 20% more cooler :P jk

I'll try not to stress. I just really don't like to fail lol

Good news is the song is almost done. I worked on it some more today, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

No worries. I always make things 20% cooler B)

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like its building up to something big! Keep it up ;)