Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How hyped are you for the movie?

AppleJackIsaPony

I just got done reading the mlp prequals and now I can say, I am really hyped for this movie. The animation looks great, the songs are really good, and the villains are good. I also love 2d animation I hope more 2d films come to theaters after this one. This film might also bring new people to the fandom or even bring back people that left the fandom! The advertising for this movie has been good, but my only problem is that the trailer aint being played in theaters. The movie is only a month away, I cant wait for this movie!!! It better be good! Are any of you guys as hyped as I am?

I'm not really that hyped actually, why do they keep portraying Twilight as the main character where she has been constantly overshadowed by other ponies particularly Starlight in the show, maybe they should've given it to Starlight instead of reflecting on the past and making toys.

Edited by RDFan89

Not gonna lie: I used to be very excited for this Movie (to the point I've been very overwhelming about it being my series finale), and then I found out that... it's not supposed to be seen as part of the series....  here in spoilers I will explain why:

Spoiler

Celestia relies on the help of the Hippogriffs to defeat Storm King, when at this point of the series between the maater of chaos, changing form creatures, dragons and griffons, Equestria has already a lot of allies that could take down Storm King VERY easely (and believe me when I say that if Discord was in the Movie it would have been over in a second). This Movie has never been supposed to be part of the series, it's pretty much a reboot-like thing that is supposed to be enjoyed by everybody, not just the fans of the show. It's right they did this because it would be unfair if just the show's fan would be able to enjoy it. In short is something that must be enjoyed with the mentality of a simple animated movies fan and not and MLP Fan. But on my part, you know my position and I'm very disappointed about the Movie not being part of the series. I lost most of my hype for this series after TWABA and I really hoped for a good stopping point before leaving but considering all these factors, the Movie doesn't work as such. I will watch it with another mentality in future but as of now, I lost most of my interest for it...

Nope, I am more excited for the new SAW movie than the MLP movie. With that being said though, I will definitely watch it.

I am not expecting an amazing movie. Hopefully, it doesn't go the same route as PowerPuff Girls Movie.

I'm not exactly hyped for it but instead just calmly looking forward to seeing how it'll be. It's similar with new episodes, it's just a feeling of "Oh that's neat" since I'm not really expecting any mind-blowing content.

I am keeping my excitement in very close moderation. The story itself doesn't seem all that intriguing and there is one particular aspect of the film that I already heavily dislike, so I am going into the movie with closer to a blank slate than I thought I would. I am most interested in seeing what they do with the animation actually.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm more excited than ever after reading the Prequel Comic (which I highly recommended to read if haven't yet. Just to get the idea of the new characters)  The way how they set it  like a steampunk/pirate theme. With huge changes of the element itself, it is surely a movie for all ages. So I hope the movie will be like that as in the comic.

I am not hyped at all (in fact, I'm REALLY worried) about the fact that the movie might not even appear in my local theater.

Some of you need to understand this: The movie could still fall victim to your local theater's "banned" list, and you therefore will be unable to see it at all!

I really don't wanna be a buzzkill here, but I have basically no hype at all. I'll be surprised if I even enjoy watching it at this point. 

On 9/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, RDFan89 said:

I'm not really that hyped actually, why do they keep portraying Twilight as the main character where she has been constantly overshadowed by other ponies particularly Starlight in the show, maybe they should've given it to Starlight instead of reflecting on the past and making toys.

Hey, some of us still want to see Twilight in focal roles. 

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Some of you need to understand this: The movie could still fall victim to your local theater's "banned" list, and you therefore will be unable to see it at all!

I've never heard of that happening. To my understanding, it's one of the two main releases that week, so I'm under the impression that it's going to every major chain cinema in North America. Most theatre chains are major corporations, so why would they refuse to screen a brand-name film from a major movie studio? 

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I am not hyped at all (in fact, I'm REALLY worried) about the fact that the movie might not even appear in my local theater.

Not here. My closest theaters are all chain owned and I actually know how the screen distribution system works. In fact, it usually works the opposite way with sole proprietorships losing 'prints' to the chains. When screen count is released you should have a general indication of footprint. NATO rules also apply to wide release exhibitions. 

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

I've never heard of that happening. To my understanding, it's one of the two main releases that week, so I'm under the impression that it's going to every major chain cinema in North America. Most theatre chains are major corporations, so why would they refuse to screen a brand-name film from a major movie studio? 

It doesn't happen. I have no damn idea what he is talking about but I actually worked for both a large chain and the biggest Exhibiter Relations data firm. I was an invited member pernitted to go to CinemaCon (previously called ShoWest), and I swear people just make shit up that sounds good in their head. 

Now, I am excited to see the film, but The Last Jedi is far overshadowing this in terms of hype. 

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Not here. My closest theaters are all chain owned and I actually know how the screen distribution system works. In fact, it usually works the opposite way with sole proprietorships losing 'prints' to the chains. When screen count is released you should have a general indication of footprint. NATO rules also apply to wide release exhibitions. 

It doesn't happen. I have no damn idea what he is talking about but I actually worked for both a large chain and the biggest Exhibiter Relations data firm. I was an invited member pernitted to go to CinemaCon (previously called ShoWest), and I swear people just make shit up that sounds good in their head. 

Now, I am excited to see the film, but The Last Jedi is far overshadowing this in terms of hype. 

Honestly, after I just liked The Force Awakens and loathed every second of Rogue One, Last Jedi hype is nearly 0.

Anyway, MLPMovie is my most hyped movie this year, about as excited as I am for most two parters though, expecting lots and LOTS of unnecessary criticism for the movie after it comes out.

I'm pretty hyped, but I also try to keep that hype in moderation. What I'm seeing with this movie is pretty much what I am expecting: A fun little adventure that is neither ground-breaking nor new, and that is not a bad thing.

And actually I'm not hyped for much else this year; not even Uncharted. ^^;;

• Brohoof 1

Not gonna lie, I'm so hyped, but I'm not going overboard. For one thing, I'm avoiding spoilers as much as possible in the last few months before the premiere. And second of all, college has been consuming me. :P

Still, I'm definitely gonna go see it ASAP with my pegasister best friend and probably her roommate who moderately likes the show. 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Well, it's certainly not listed on Cinemark right now! And that's the only theater available in my area.

I don't do hype. I rarely get worked up either good or bad over anything. I'll either go see it or I won't. That being said, several things I have seen about the film have made me feel it might be more of a catch it later kind of film than a see it in theaters sort of film.

8 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Well, it's certainly not listed on Cinemark right now! And that's the only theater available in my area.

Well unless you think they are seriously only going to show one movie in all of October I think it is fine. There are 30+ films coming out in October and none of them are listed. So my guess is they just don't bother updating what is coming soon that quickly. I base this off of the official Cinemark website where I did a search.