Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E19 - It Isn't the Mane Thing About You

Jeric

What did you think of the episode?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Ack, no! It's the wrong shampoo again!!!
    • This formula is simply not my style!
    • This formula is meh! I've had better!
    • Mmmm, there is potential here, but I like it!
    • AH! This formula is simply DIVINE Zecora! :D

Title: It Isn't the Mane Thing About You
Air Date: September 16, 2017
Written By: TBA
Synopsis: When Rarity's shampoo is accidentally switched with Zecora's magical remover potion, she does everything she can to fix her devastated mane in time for an upcoming photo shoot.

Watch online live with Poniverse at 11:30 EST at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.TV

<Insert promo>

<Deleted Scene>

<Speculation and Hype>

<Final Thoughts>

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was featured and pinned

All right mare, gentle colts, fawns, and bucks! I'm a bit behind in regards to getting this setup for the new episode, but as we still have a few hours let's get this episode hyped up as much as we can!!!

WE GET SOME ZECORA FINALLY!!! :D

• Brohoof 3

This episode sounds tragic for poor ol' Rarirar. :| Seeing Zecora after sooooo long will be a treat. I've noticed, Rarity has been through a lot lately. I guess it is a tough life being fabulous and such. Looking forward to this one, didn't even know anything about it until now.

Save for the last 3 vague episodes of Season 7, I've already seen all the episodes I was hyped to see. That doesn't mean I am going to hate the upcoming episodes like this one; just that I'm not expecting anything great; just some decent entertainment will do.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Picturing a bald Rarity right now... Snigger. Is it bad that I kinda hope she loses her entire mane just so I can see what that would look like?

I feel as though Rarity is going to end up starting a trend with her new mane/lack of it... And Zecora will suddenly have everypony asking for some of her magical remover potion!

One question: why is it only her mane that gets “devastated”? Surely ponies should be shampooing their entire bodies because they are covered in hair.

Edited by Flutter~Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Flutter~Sparkle said:

One question: why is it only her mane that gets “devastated”? Surely ponies should be shampooing their entire bodies because they are covered in hair.

I mean when cleaning a horse shampooing their mane and shampooing their coat are two different processes. Plus they probably are just anthropomorphizing her behavior making her use some different body wash then the shampoo, like humans.

Also a little bit of a spoiler from the sneak peek but that potion isn't simply some random magic potion:

Spoiler

Zecora made that potion specifically for Pinkie to clean a mess with and like most stains or messes when cleaning they require pressure and scrubbing to remove the mess. Obviously Rarity is only using it as a shampoo (and not body wash) so she would only be scrubbing her mane. It wouldn't be much of a safe miracle cleaner if a pony can't even touch the stuff without immediately losing fur on their hooves.

Good morning, everypony, who's ready for some new MLP?!  Because I sure know I am, and goodness gracious let's hope this is an improvement over last week's disappointment.  It was sad enough seeing Daring Do wasted in a terribly meh episode, and we get Zecora in the show these days about as much as we get her, so let's hope that she isn't wasted either on a meh or bad episode.  Rarity and Zecora should hopefully prove to be an enjoyable and unique duo together, so here's hoping for a splendid episode all around! :D :muffins:

HOLY CHEESE!  Continuity galore already!  We've got Granny Smith and Grand Pear selling, presumably, apple and pear wares together, Apple Bloom talking some more with Burnt Oak, the Flower Sisters this close to a panic attack, andddddddddd a quick little Derpy cameo, YAY!!! :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Ingram you LIED! :okiedokieloki: There are six songs this season.

"Happy Sneeziversary" is now best Season 7 song:P

And I can already tell Haber's going to channelling "Simple Ways" Rarity. I am loving this!

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Also, is it just me, or is this a very Season One-ish/Two-ish kind of episode so far?  Like, not in a bad way, it just seems like this is a very slice of life-ish episode so far.  Also, very nice to see both Zecora and the Everfree Forest again, man I hadn't realized how much I missed seeing both of those! :proud:

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Batbrony said:

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Also, is it just me, or is this a very Season One-ish/Two-ish kind of episode so far?  Like, not in a bad way, it just seems like this is a very slice of life-ish episode so far.  Also, very nice to see both Zecora and the Everfree Forest again, man I hadn't realized how much I missed seeing both of those! :proud:

And you know, the Everfree actually seemed somewhat imitimidating...at least the path to Zecora's hut did. ^^;;

• Brohoof 2

Yay, more Zecora! Been forever since we last saw her. Is it any wonder the potions got mixed up when they look exactly the same? 

Kronk: "You know, in my defense, your potions all look alike. You might wanna think about relabeling some of them."

• Brohoof 4

Holy shit, Twilight and Starlight, do you guys just love breaking your own rules when it comes to magical taboos?  Every single time you say, "It's not a good idea to try doing (blank) with magic," if somepony just goes "Pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" ya'll go just like that "OK FINE!!!"  Seriously, YOU STOLE A POOR CRYSTAL PONY'S MANE, THAT'S AWFUL!!! :angry:  What is wrong with you two???  We should consider ourselves bucking lucky you guys DIDN'T try any time travel even when Rarity suggested it!

• Brohoof 4

...how...HOW!? How did Rarity make this even work!? She is a genius! o_O

• Brohoof 5

Alright, I'll be honest and say that this wasn't an episode that really sounded interesting from the synopsis, nor was I looking forward to it very much.

I thought the episode was better than I thought it would, it was decently funny.

Seeing Gran Pear and Granny Smith working together, as well as Apple Bloom talking to Burnt Oak in the background was a nice surprise.

Zecora being important again after a long absence was also something I liked.

Seeing Starlight actually interact with Rarity as an actual friend was nice.

Tabitha did a great job voicing Rarity in this episode, and she did get some great facial expressions as well.

I got a pretty nice chuckle after Rarity stole that stallion's mane, that was really funny.

Also Punk Rarity looks pretty great if you ask me.

This episode while not one of my favorites of the season, was better than I expected it to be, and I thought it was good, but not amazing.

• Brohoof 8

Huh... not a bad episode, not even a meh one, but I'm going to have to think VERY hard about how people with hair problems of their own, especially because of medical related issues, might respond to this episode, or how it might resonate with them.  Certainly was loads of fun, but would it make a positive impact on people who share the problem that Rarity had?  That is an interesting question indeed.  My review should be up later today or this weekend everypony, until then have a fabulous day, one and all! :muffins:

Also, Derpy be looking FABULOUS at the end of that episode, ya'll!!! :D

• Brohoof 4

I absolutely expect there to be a flood of fan-art of Punk Rarity within the hour.

This was an excellent episode. Cute, sweet and hilarious all at once. Rarity episodes always end up being some of my favorites, and seeing Rarity panic and freak out is always a delight. The fact that we got plenty of Zecora as well (along with a double dose next week), plus they dealt with the obvious question of "Why can Twilight just fix it?" in quick order. Although... I do find it surprising that a hair growing spell apparently doesn't exist, consider the Elements grew her tail back before. Are mane's really that magic intensive?

This is an episode that almost requires a second viewing because it was absolutely loaded with background details and references to past episodes that I ended up missing most of them, like how Big Mac and Sugar Belle were together at Sweet Apple Acres.  

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 6

I really liked the episode.  Despite the townsponies being kind of harsh when Rarity lost her mane, it has good characterization, good continuity, and a good message.

In other news, the season 7 progression is confirmed to be all over the place.

• Brohoof 2

Yikes, with the Hurricane and the Disney trip I forgot about the OP. @_@ 

Have to fix that. Haven't seen the episode yet, but I'll be able to squeeze it in a little later. :)

• Brohoof 4