Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rikifive

Hello there! ^_^  

I had something in mind for some time. Um.. No idea what to say. :D  Basically, since the rank system is one of the most frequently asked questions, I've decided to try to draw it in order to give it some fancy visual look. Does that make sense? Yeah, the concept seemed nice, but it turned out to be bad- or at least that's what I think. :love:  

I may have derp'd or overlooked few things, but welp- originally I wanted to abandon ship and throw it to trash, but I guess I'll post it here, so that you all could laugh. :D  At least I tried something-- SCIENCE YAY! :yay:  

So, I'll just leave it here and quickly run away. :ph34r:

BrOCtco.png

O3pOv2m.png    C1k59v1.png

I have no idea what I was thinking. :D 

I guess you can count it as MLP Forums fan art? :D  

At least the book looks good. :D  ... Does it? :laugh: 

Edited by Rikifive
Fixed Pony Emoticons
  • Brohoof 31

Holy... That looks incredible Riki! The road to your MLP Forums journey. This could indeed be super useful to anyone looking for answers on how the rank system works, specially since our own 'tab' for it went kaput. Let's see what some of the others think. :D

Great job as always. :)

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

This looks really good. :D

If i was admin here, i would suggest posting this in our FAQ section. ;)

That's kinda funny to hear, because I gave up on quality at some point, which makes it look slightly less readable. :P Nevertheless, why thank you! :D 

3 hours ago, Jaspers said:

That's so cool, going through all the ranks looks even more like an adventure now. ^_^

And that was the concept I was going for, good catch! ;) 

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Holy... That looks incredible Riki! The road to your MLP Forums journey. This could indeed be super useful to anyone looking for answers on how the rank system works, specially since our own 'tab' for it went kaput. Let's see what some of the others think. :D

Great job as always. :)

Thank you! :catface: If not for the others, it will be somewhat useful to me. :P I've decided to make something like this when a new member asked me privately why he can't do few things on the forums. Instead of jumping through topics to refresh my memory, I'll just take a look at that image from now on. :derp: Aaand also because I saw staff members and not only keeping answering singular questions, when there could be all-in-one answer. :P  I've tried to include what I knew, but I think I still have overlooked some things regarding what when is unlocked.

If for some reason anybody would like to put it somewhere, I can always modify it if needed. - like, include more information or perhaps improve the quality and such. :P I could also prepare few other things if you'd wish.

Thank you! :P 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

@Rikifive Welp, it seems that your book wasn't good... It was amazing ! I added the book to our Badge FAQ and now it is available for everyone to see and consult in the future. I also edited it a little because it had actually a couple outdated facts on it, so there's that. But here it is, the new fresh FAQ for badge role and how it works :P

• Brohoof 7

I still think the ranks should get an upgrade, because you have to make like 1500 posts to become a pony and yet another 1500 to become Crystal. Couldn't there be another rank like 1500 > 2000 griffon and 2000 > 3000 pony? @Dark Horse

By the way, this looks great. I will remember this one.

• Brohoof 3

@HierokI believe such suggestions would be more suitable for the Feedback section. You could also expand there on any alternatives you have in mind as well.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

@HierokI believe such suggestions would be more suitable for the Feedback section. You could also expand there on any alternatives you have in mind as well.

What do you mean with alternatives? :confused: I shall bring it in on the feedback. My excuses I did it here, but it was flowing in my mind for a while now. :grin:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

Great job! I rlly wanting to get at Changeling cuz its my fav specie but i need reach 1200 likes :(

5 minutes ago, CherryAcorn said:

Great job! I rlly wanting to get at Changeling cuz its my fav specie but i need reach 1200 likes :(

i meant 1200 posts XD its cuz in other sites, you know XD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's not based on amount of likes, but amount of content you create. :fluttershy: For each post you make, your post count raises by one. Though note, that posting in some sections, such as forum games, doesn't count. It is to prevent from spamming / grinding, as posting there requires minimal effort. :twi:

Oh, never mind then. :P 

You shouldn't be bothered by that anyway, the ranks change dependable on your progress, so even if you'll get the Changeling rank; it will eventually change to next ones later, unless you would stop posting. :derp: 

And thank you! :catface: 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Thank you! :P Whenever I look at this it kinda makes me feel bad for not putting enough effort into that one; I may redo it someday. :derp:

As for the question- Sadly, you can't. The ranks reflect your activity and they go only up, advancing automatically. There's no possibility to keep lower ranks (degrade yourself), even if they looked more appealing.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Thank you! :P Whenever I look at this it kinda makes me feel bad for not putting enough effort into that one; I may redo it someday. :derp:

sometimes less is more,i actually like this page more because it has space to breathe

• Brohoof 1

On 6/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, Rikifive said:

It's not based on amount of likes, but amount of content you create. :fluttershy: For each post you make, your post count raises by one. Though note, that posting in some sections, such as forum games, doesn't count. It is to prevent from spamming / grinding, as posting there requires minimal effort. :twi:

Oh, never mind then. :P 

You shouldn't be bothered by that anyway, the ranks change dependable on your progress, so even if you'll get the Changeling rank; it will eventually change to next ones later, unless you would stop posting. :derp: 

And thank you! :catface: 

when i get there will only do forum games XD

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, CherryAcorn said:

when i get there will only do forum games XD

Ah yes! That's a solution indeed! :laugh:

What's more, there are more things, that won't raise the post count to do than just forum games. ;) 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rikifive said:

Ah yes! That's a solution indeed! :laugh:

What's more, there are more things, that won't raise the post count to do than just forum games. ;) 

But i will need first get alot of ranks before :sunny: i am really lazy

At least i will need post only more 1100 times (totally not thinking that will die before)

Wish they could update the ranks to become a way easier to get on it x3

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...