Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open School for Criminals reboot

reader8363

Arctica lifted a skeptic eyebrow, though she did find herself having to agree with his statement. Was it really that important if he knew?

She sighed through her nose. "I graduated. Top 5 in my class." She muttered before turning another glare on him. "Tell anyone and you're dead."

• Brohoof 1

"What!?" He pulled back incredulously, more than loud enough and making a scene for everyone to see. 

"Well, what are you doing here then? Shouldn't you be, I don't know, doing fancy math or something for a living?" He laughed for a moment... again. "Wait, don't tell me, you're a cereal litterer?"

• Brohoof 1

She glared at him again. "Some of us don't actually enjoy that shit."

Actually, Arctica had planned on going into art school. If it weren't for her damned cutie mark, she might've actually made it in. She turned to look at the purple shield beneath a black sword. She hated that thing. It was always causing her troubles...

• Brohoof 1

"What, littering?" he asked, raising a brow. "Well, yah, I know. I mean, we only got one planet after all. That's not cool." 

It was hard to tell by tone alone weather or not he was being sarcastic. Mort seemed serious. 

"The nerd shit, dude," Arctica groaned, rolling her eyes. "My parents wanted me to be part of the royal guard. Nipped that dream in the bud faster'n' they could blink."

She smiled in reminiscence, remembering just how she'd gotten kicked out of the academy.

• Brohoof 1

He shook his head in a rather condescending way. "Could have been a royal guard hu? Doesn't sound all that nerdy to me. Instead, here you are, in prison for cereal littering..."

"Oh well, I guess at least you're smart. Not that it matters, right? Smartest person in the world, but in the end, you're just like everyone else in here." He looked around for a moment, then at himself and grimaced. "Well, maybe cleaner."

"At least we agree on something," Arctica replied, giving up on trying to correct him. It wasn't worth it, and she wasn't all that eager to do so in the first place. The less he, or any one else, knew about her, the less they could use against her.

• Brohoof 1

Arctica turned to face the newcomer, surprised to see it was the creature they'd been talking about that had led to this whole conversation. She still couldn't recall what the creature was called.

"Any particular reason you wanna know?" she answered suspiciously.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh!" Mort practically jumped, after a few awkward moments of staring at the creature, and completely ignoring her question. "You're like... like Medusa, right!?" 

He snapped his talons together triumphantly, speaking to Vivus. "That's totally it. I knew I heard about your kind from somewhere, just couldn't put my claws on it, you know?"

"She's not a Gorgon," Arctica corrected. "She's a Lamia. Same country of origin; completely different species."

The mention of Medusa had finally jogged Arctica's memory, allowing her to place where she'd seen this sort of creature before.

• Brohoof 1

"A ah... what now?" Mort replied, looking a fair bit confused, scratching his head. "Wait a minute... is that a kind of bean or something?"

He eyed the creature up and down for a few moments before giving Arctica a skeptical look. Clearly she was just making things up now to make herself look smart. It wasn't working though, he knew what a lamia bean was!

"That's a lima bean," Arctica corrected. "A Lamia is a snake like creature, commonly thought of as a demon. In the old mythology, ponies thought they ate children. They don't,but mothers have been using the legend for centuries to make their foals behave."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh." he replied, still a little unsure at Arctica's answer, and Vivus' subsequent confirmation. For a moment he looked the snake up and down with a scrutinizing eye, not quite sure what to make of her. 

"So, what, are you a doctor around here or something? What's a llama like you doing around here, and what's with the nerd look?" He asked the snake, not at all tactful. "You got that total dweeb thing going on."

Edited by GoldieS

4 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Techno Universal

Rose heard the phone ring and said as she answered it, "hello, this is warden beast speaking, what do you need?"

@GoldieS

Vivus shied away a bit and said, "I'm a prisoner, but I can't answer the other questions without...changing."

TU: Ahh yes this is Techno and I just need to let you know that all the upgrade and servicing work to the robotic guard team is complete. Anyways as you requested last night I'll need to tell you what sort of work I've done. So in the upgrade all five units in the team had their operating systems updated so they are now several times harder to hack than before plus you should be able to see their new and more advanced interface when your waching their eyesight vision through the CCTV system. Anyways for servicing units 2 and 5 had to have system clean ups as they had been recently hacked plus all of the units had general mechanical maintenance work done to them as normal. Anyways that's pretty much it so I'll head home once the units are put back into service!

Arctica nudged Mort none too gently. "Dude, have some tact." She turned to Vivus, smiling politely. "Ignore him; he's just an ass. I'm Arctica."

True to form, Arctica had taken a change of attitude off of someone else's. All too often she found herself suddenly protective of strangers when others were rude or aggressive. Damn cutie mark...

-It's finally done if y'all are interested

Edited by Superwholock
  • Brohoof 1

"What!?" He replied defensively, before rolling his eyes. 

Suddenly, he reached out to grab one of Vivus' arms, reaching all the way up just before her elbow to give her a vigorous shake. Not those puny hoof to hoof ones, but a good hearty arm to arm. 

"Name's Mort. So, okay, what kinda clink is this that they just let a prisoner do whatever the heck they want? And why are you so buddy buddy with the warden? Kinda awfully suspicious if you ask me. If you're a rat you can tell me, I won't say anything. I'm great at keeping secrets, trust me." He said to Vivus. 

"It's true! I can keep a secret!" Mort replied defensively to Arctica, before returning his attention to the llama, or lima bean, or whatever she was called. Lamia?

"So, like every other prison in existence?" Mort added, a bit sarcastically. "I thought that's what every looser that thinks they know what their doing says about their prison."

He reared back to stand on his hind legs and made a 'stupid' face, "Oh, you're here to repay your debt to society! Oh, we'll make you a better person with some haaaaard work!!" He added mockingly. 

Edited by GoldieS