Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - THE TIME IS NOW!!!

princeicefrost

14 minutes ago, derpyshydash said:

any thing about new movie.

who cant want for new mlp movie. well for me i cant wait for it.

Me too, but I still have the feeling my cinema won't play it, or worse yet, they'll ban it!

• Brohoof 2

Well Like everyone else, I  can't wait for it....too bad I will have to wait for it to be out of theater  because no one else in the family wants to watch it.

49 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well I really want to see it but I won't be able to until it comes out on Netflix because of how I'm secretly a brony. :)

You and I should meet up on the night of the premiere then :smug:

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - Only 24 Days left!!!!

@derpyshydash

While there is plenty of material in this sub-forum to cover hype, I think it would serve as a nice experiment to try an actual hype thread. As such I hope you don't mind that I commandeer this thread and give a little more focus. With only 24 days until the movie premiers let's try to hype things up! :)

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was pinned and featured
9 hours ago, TBD said:

Well Like everyone else, I  can't wait for it....too bad I will have to wait for it to be out of theater  because no one else in the family wants to watch it.

You and I should meet up on the night of the premiere then :smug:

Yeah that would be really fun but I annoyingly can't do it! :)

• Brohoof 2

The movie will probably not be shown here in Iceland. Although Hasbro does sell some of their merchandise here, including MLP toys (few though), their MLP franchise does not really have a strong presence here (like Transformers). Been looking at all the movie sites here in Iceland and there is nothing about an MLP movie. 

So no movie for me unfortunately, I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD :)

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Why on earth would they ban a kid's cartoon movie?

I have no idea, but Cinemark did somehow manage to ban the trailer from appearing before any movie, especially Despicable Me 3 and The Emoji Movie when I saw them in that same theater.

Worse yet, Lionsgate might be treating the film like if it were rated NC-17, hence the lack of advertisments anywhere online.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I have no idea, but Cinemark did somehow manage to ban the trailer from appearing before any movie, especially Despicable Me 3 and The Emoji Movie when I saw them in that same theater.

Worse yet, Lionsgate might be treating the film like if it were rated NC-17, hence the lack of advertisments anywhere online.

There is a difference between banning something, and the theater just choosing not to play something. Maybe the never got the Trailer from Lionsgate, maybe they had a different movie offer them more for the advertisement. There is 100 possibilities and frankly banning it is not one of them. 

Also let me say I can 100% guarantee Lionsgate is not going to treat or is currently currently treating a MLP move like a rated R film LoL.

• Brohoof 2

Not to mention theatres have non compete clauses on certain movies, where one theatre will show blockbuster A and theatre 2 will exclusively show blockbuster B. That might be the case here.

The theatre's goal is to sell tickets and even more importantly sell popcorn, so there's going to be a financial motivation for showing or not showing a movie at a particular theatre.

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Not to mention theatres have non compete clauses on certain movies, where one theatre will show blockbuster A and theatre 2 will exclusively show blockbuster B. That might be the case here.

The theatre's goal is to sell tickets and even more importantly sell popcorn, so there's going to be a financial motivation for showing or not showing a movie at a particular theatre.

But either way, ALL of those possibilities to me will just equally be like as if the ads (and the movie) were indeed banned.

• Brohoof 1

I already covered the Quadrant System at length in another thread. Bad Information here about screen exhibition and trailers. You want non speculation ... it's fairly simple ... contact ERC or NATO. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - Only 23 Days left!!!!