Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - THE TIME IS NOW!!!

princeicefrost

It was such great movie!!!!!!  I loved it so much :wub:

(Not a spoiler) My only complaint was the theater was empty except for two other families of mothers and daughters, and me, so it was really awkward being the only guy and the only brony there, lol.  But that didn't make me enjoy it less, I'll probably buy the dvd/iTunes version or whatever too.

• Brohoof 4

I have to say that the movie was great.  I had a blast watching it.  The animation was gorgeous and there were enjoyable musical numbers.  My favorites had to be Open Your Eyes and Time to Be Awesome.  I even found the Hanazuki short to be cute as well.  Definitely worth the wait.

32 minutes ago, Quinch said:

This actually worries me a little. Anti-bronies are boycotting the movie with bad ratings, bronies will probably respond with excellent ratings and I feel that actual opinions by everyone else will just end up getting lost in the noise.

Just hope the movie becomes successful despite all that :sunny: 

Well the movie actually doesn't get released in cinemas her in Australia until the 2nd of November so Australian bronies probably won't be able to see the movie until then. Unless they saw it while they were on a holiday in the USA or another country where the movie was released on October the 6th. :)

I just saw the movie and I loved it. The theater I went to was completely packed and I'm glad I bought my ticket online.The movie level animation was amazing. The music was easily the best part of the movie. I also thought that Emily Blunt did an amazing job as tempest shadow.

Saw it, AHHHH SOOOO AWESOME

Saw it twice, loved every second of it from the songs to the action to the animation.

The scene with Twilight arguing with her friends is genuinely sad and I feel bad when they thought Twilight was actually dead. Tempest had a decent backstory and the Storm King was a lot of fun. Overall, I think the movie succeeds where other animated movies this year did not. It provides an exciting story of action and adventure with our favorite characters on the big screen, there is nothing about this movie I didn't enjoy after the Princesses were stoned.

In my opinion the movie really becomes amazing after they get to Mount Aris, up until that point I was really enjoying it but wasn't in love yet, but after that, the movie picks up and becomes, in my opinion, a masterpiece, with an amazingly epic song with Tempest.

Speaking of the songs, they are fantastic, with my favorite being Open Up Your Eyes with "I'm the Friend you need" being 2nd. They feel so much more powerful than the usual songs, likely due to the live orchestra.

10/10

20 hours ago, Blueberry Dream said:

There were scenes(no spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet) where I started to actually tear up.

DId that scene have to do with Twilight and pinky?;) Because I did cry in that scene LOL

• Brohoof 1

I might be having trouble reading the chart, fourth place in October {when there's a ton of movies coming out} doesn't look bad. Can you put those numbers in context for us?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, MovieLord101 said:

So apparently the movie tanked. What the heck happened? It's not like it was a bad movie or anything!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

4th overall and 3rd among newly released movies is not bad at all. That's about what I would expect for a very good kids movie released at the same time as a Blade Runner film and not long after a Tom Cruise film.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

On 10/8/2017 at 0:47 PM, Prospekt said:

4th overall and 3rd among newly released movies is not bad at all. That's about what I would expect for a very good kids movie released at the same time as a Blade Runner film and not long after a Tom Cruise film.

Then why is everyone else online saying it tanked?

Edited by MovieLord101

19 hours ago, MovieLord101 said:

Then why is everyone else online saying it tanked?

Well, I'd say it's likely overreaction. From what I've seen even Bladerunner has underperformed, so MLP might as well be gracious it's at where it is.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

its finally and when i mean here i mean 2 weeks ago almost i saw it on the 8th of October for the 2 time the first time i saw it was on a website and it was so cool to see it

Edited by princeicefrost

Watched the movie again, I was Forever Alone :D ..... but how can you expect more audience for poneh in a weekday at 10pm anyways :dash:

oh well, had my more intimate pony movie experience like I've wanted,plus a Twi character cap ::fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The time is now?

Spoiler

I cannot get that out of my head, sorry!

As for the movie. It would have sounded better as "MLP The Movie 2018". More symmetrically pleasing title that way.

• 9 months later...

I know I'm late, but I am really hesitant on seeing the movie because I know most big screen movies from tv normally don't do the show justice so the question is, Is it really worth it based upon the love of the show? or is it better to just know of its existence?

6 hours ago, country_cook said:

I know I'm late, but I am really hesitant on seeing the movie because I know most big screen movies from tv normally don't do the show justice so the question is, Is it really worth it based upon the love of the show? or is it better to just know of its existence?

I'd say it's worth watching. It's not revolutionary, it's mainly light adventure with worldbuilding so adjust your expectations accordingly - but all in all, it's pretty consistent with the tone of the show and about on par with the quality.