Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - THE TIME IS NOW!!!

princeicefrost

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

That's ... not good. I expect Blade Runner will be #1, American Made, and Kingsman 2 in there. At < 5% .... it's bad. 

On the brighter side, BoxOfficeReport did predict that the movie will be in second behind bladerunner, so maybe it won't turn out so bad.

• Brohoof 1

1544177__safe_applejack_capper_captain+c

Thought this was really cool and I've been wanting something like this for a while, and while I wish for a hand drawn one instead of a vectored one it's still really cool

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - Only 1 Day left!!!!

I plan to make a day of it tomorrow, by going to see the 11:15 showing, and before and after, get something to eat and enjoy this 4 day weekend for me.

Edited by bwrosas

I know the worldwide premiere is tomorrow, but for many of us we got mere hours left

4 hours ago, Attack of the Pwns said:

Going to see it at 9:45 tonight! THE HYPE IS SO REAL!!!!!

IMG_8297.GIF

IMG_8298.GIF

IMG_8299.GIF

IMG_8301.GIF

IMG_8302.GIF

You forgot this one :dash:

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, MovieLord101 said:

Still no RT score. Why the heck did Lionsgate not screen this for critics? It's not like it's a bad movie.

Btw, yes, i saw it at an early screening and it was great.

Critics did see it.  And if you look you can find a bunch of them.  Its just that reviews for Rotten Tomato just started today.

I'll have to wait until a later date this week to see the film because I have so many busy schedules coming up starting tomorrow. And besides, tickets do sell out very quickly in my theater.

Seeing it tomorrow or saturday! Hopefully i'm getting checked out of school early friday, because i got this one event that they're doing so classes are shorter and basicly there will be an extra 2-3 hours at the end of the day for it! So luck is on my side for once and i thought karma wasn't realllll! :D 

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, MovieLord101 said:

56% fresh. SERIOUSLY? This is actually a much better movie than that. If it were around 70% fresh that's fine. This is just nonsense.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/my_little_pony_the_movie_2017

I'm sure the incoming flood of bronies giving it good ratings will remedy that situation. I'll probably be among them.

Edit: It's up to 62% already and the movie isn't even really out yet. It'll definetly hit 70%, I'm going to guess by the time it's out of theaters it'll be closer to 80%.

Edited by Attack of the Pwns
Updated stats
  • Brohoof 1

I.

Am.

SO pissed off.

The movie was going to be playing in the city theater.

Now it's not.

And the nearest movie theater that is playing it is, oh, about an hour and a half away {can't currently drive and lol what's public transit?}.

God I can't stand this backwater mudhole.

I have seen the movie today. There was an early Brony Preview here in Austria today.^^ Until it had its official start in cinemas and everyone had a chance to see it, I will not talk about it in detail to not spoiler anyone. All I'm saying is that it was completely fantastic and wonderful! :D

But in case you would like to read some spoiler-free, first impressions of the movie to see what you can expect from it, I have written one here:

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/765108/my-little-pony-the-movie-first-impressions

7 hours ago, MovieLord101 said:

56% fresh. SERIOUSLY? This is actually a much better movie than that. If it were around 70% fresh that's fine. This is just nonsense.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/my_little_pony_the_movie_2017

Take into account that many of the bad ratings and reviews are likely from haters boycotting the movie

• The title was changed to Official Hype Thread - MLP Movie 2017!!!! - THE TIME IS NOW!!!

I saw the film yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Consider me a sappy sap but I cried during it. Yup, I did. In fact, I did multiple times. XD That Metacritic score is a load of shite. If you love the show, I have no doubts you will enjoy the movie.

To anyone that is going to see it soon, I hope you have a wonderful time with it. :yay:

• Brohoof 6

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I saw the film yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Consider me a sappy sap but I cried during it. Yup, I did. In fact, I did multiple times. XD That Metacritic score is a load of shite. If you love the show, I have no doubts you will enjoy the movie.

To anyone that is going to see it soon, I hope you have a wonderful time with it. :yay:

It indeed is a great movie. The songs are all amazing. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Take into account that many of the bad ratings and reviews are likely from haters boycotting the movie

This actually worries me a little. Anti-bronies are boycotting the movie with bad ratings, bronies will probably respond with excellent ratings and I feel that actual opinions by everyone else will just end up getting lost in the noise.