Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lady Rarity Pony

(edited)

Although the forum here isn't dedicated to the news I guess they would be some form of finding out the news. I tend to dislike reading the news anywhere unless I go out and search for it. Most likely what is going around in the news isn't interesting for me.

I can't think of any news sites off the top of my head however I can find some good news sites that are dedicated o a few topics (like umm... technology or games) I guess if you want all round news of everything maybe you should try out google news? I've never directly used it though, but I have found results with it from just general searches and they seemed good, but yeah I've never used it so.....

Edited by asdygadgafguysfgwefwwerrwg

Well... to get the best of both worlds (left/right, conservative/liberal) I check out both Drudge Report and The Huffington Post on a daily basis. I also sometimes check out foreign news sites such as the BBC to get an international perspective on things.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

In my opinion, stay away from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc... all are very slanted and narrow in their views.

Only place I go for real news is c-span.org so I don't have to listen to anyone's opinion. Watching the vids on youtube.com/news is good to find some of the bigger news developments also.

If you just want to know whats happening you can pretty much go to any news sites like msn.com or even foxnews.com and just ignore the opinions that they throw in there.

(edited)

FOX NEWS !!!

--

Just kidding :P

For real, though, I usually check up on ekstrabladet.dk (or eb.dk for short) also checking up on bt.dk. Both of these sites are for danish news. I also check up on the msn news website. They have some pretty awesome stuff there, sometimes.

For more international news I check BBC news. T'is very rarely I go there, though.

--

When I check up on news about music, I generally check the artists or labels facebook page. Or just keep an eye out on their youtube channel. :)

Sometimes I also check the fear.fm magazine for new tunes in the harder styles genre.

Edited by ProjectRKA

I'll generally just check google news, and then when I find something I want to read up on, I'll check various news sites, all from different sides of the political spectrum. All news is biased, but if you get it from many different sources, you can get a good idea of what happened.

Also, most news places don't like to show anything that makes their side look bad, so you can find some stories one network has reported on that others haven't.

Also, wikinews.

(edited)

The Young Turks

The New York Times

CBC News (its the public broadcaster for Canada)

BBC News

Al Jazeera

The Guardian

Also on rare occasions: RT (Russia Today), CNN, Wall Street Journal

Win.

Edited by Whiteshade

(edited)

Al-Jazeera or The Washington Post on Middle Eastern Affairs.

However, I'm usually on the verge of tears when I read the latter.

Edited by Pilot (Croaks)

I just go to fark.

Likewise. I spend many minutes at work perusing the Fark archives.

• Brohoof 2