Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The Past Lives Of the Mane Six?

darknessrising24

I’ve recently noticed something, every single Legend of Equestria tends to have an interesting connection to one of the Mane six…

Twilight not only idolizes Starswirl the Bearded, but both have an intense desire to understand as much about Magic as they can, but both often misunderstand the context of what they learn at times. They also both did not understand the power behind Friendship (at first). Twilight breaks away from Starswirl in this regard, but we’ve seen shades of how she could have turned out to be exactly like him in other individuals she’s helped (Moondancer, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie Lulamoon). Their connection to Magic and their focus on Friendship is key to both of their characters, and examining how divergent they are is definitely a part of both of their stories.

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity were inspired by Flash Magnus, Rockhoof and Mistmane respectively:

Applejack and Rockhoof both share the strength of both character and body to see thing through to the end, despite the odds. They care so much about their friends and family that they don’t have a second thought about putting themselves in danger to protect them, even if the task is well beyond them.

Rainbow Dash and Flash Magnus share the hotneadedness, fierceness, and passion that drives them forward in everything they do. They are both brave to the extreme, don’t afraid of anything, and both certainly carry Loyalty with them to not leave their friends in danger.

Rarity and Mistmane both see beauty in the world, and both strive to bring it out for others to enjoy. While their methods are different, the end result and goal is still the same: make the world a much more beautiful place for everyone to enjoy. To this effect, they both selflessly give of themselves in different ways to make sure that happens.

Pinkie Pie seems to have the same belief in leaps of faith as Somnambula, plus Pinkie Pie and Somnambula both share something that a lot of people overlook in their characters: Faith. Both characters have absolute faith in that the path they’ve chosen to help others will always work out in the end. They want to see others happy, and believe with all their hearts that the road to happiness starts with a smile.

And Fluttershy seems to take up Meadowbrook’s mask later, but comparison will have to wait until we get to "A Health of Information" and Meadowbrook’s backstory in "Legend of Magic". I have a feeling, based on the other five stories, it won’t be just that mask that’s the main connecting theme between them.

Not to mention the fact that the comics actually indicate that they’ve teamed up before…

That got me thinking, what if it’s not a coincidence?

1532858.png

What if the Mane Six are their…. reincarnations?

• Brohoof 2

That indeed seems to be what is being built up, and I have to wonder if this will play in the finale somehow. Also keep in mind that Shadow Lock arc from the main series, so something interesting is being brewed; it seems.

• Brohoof 1

Funny. Because I always thought the Mane 6 were the reincarnations of the Founders of Equestria shown in Season 2's "Heartwarming Eve", such as Clover the Clever is Twilight Sparkle, Princess Plantinum is Rarity, Commander Hurricane (who was a guy, according to the Deficitionalized Journal of the Two Royal Sisters, written on their behalf by Amy Keating Rogers) is Rainbow Dash, and so on.

This theory is just as likely! I accept it!

• Brohoof 1