Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would your expectation be for the MLP Movie? (if any)

TBD

So the movie is coming close and some spoilers are being spilled, along with the novel and comic was released.  There are some who's knows more than others about the movie, but judging the movie alone, what would your expectation be for the movie?  Excluded the comic and the novel since there's a high chance the movie will be slightly differed for it. 

My expectation is simple..

• good amount of action, that you would see in others animation movie.
  • The Villain will not be defeated by a one blast of magic as prior to the others mlp villains..or a stupid way to be defeated. It needs to be epic.
  • Going outside the mainstream of the TV series.  Because its not just going to be us watching it, there will others who are not a fan mlp, but still find it enjoyable to watch. It's time to step out of the circle and go big! Its a theatrical  movie for pete' sake.
  • Good story plot developments, meaning it can't be too predictable. 

A really likable villain.

A villain that is relatable not only at the end when they spit their heart out

A villain with personality

Action

A good conflict

A conflict that is solved in an realistic amount of time.

I suppose.

My expectations are actually rather small: Be a good movie firstly, and don't do anything that would drastically alter the show in any way.

Beyond that, they can surprise me.

Well, except for...

Also don't let the damn seaponies section take up too much time.

• Brohoof 1

That it will be a generic forgettable animated film that will deviate too far from it's source material and what makes it special.

Some parts of it do still look really good so i think it will be worth checking out, but some of the trailers just made me shake my head.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

That it will be a generic forgettable animated film that will deviate too far from it's source material and what makes it special.

Some parts of it do still look really good so i think it will be worth checking out, but some of the trailers just made me shake my head.

I agree. I'm hoping that it will be something special, but terrified that it could be a dissapiontment

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get to see it. I'm a closet brony so I can't exactly ask my mum if I can have money for a ticket to see My Little Pony at the cinema, or buy the DVD. With any luck someone will react to it on YouTube or put it in dailymotion, because if not I don't know how I'm going to see it.

Anypony else having similar problems?

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Midnight Blaze 98 said:

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get to see it. I'm a closet brony so I can't exactly ask my mum if I can have money for a ticket to see My Little Pony at the cinema, or buy the DVD. With any luck someone will react to it on YouTube or put it in dailymotion, because if not I don't know how I'm going to see it.

Not me. I just fib to my mother and tell her that I'm gonna go see The Lego Ninjago Movie before buying a ticket to MLP instead. Since I'm over 18, the chances of my parents spying on me are smaller.

...Though there is a little (yet gradually getting bigger) problem on another condition. With the movie coming out in 3 weeks, and Cinemark (that's the only theater in my area) STILL not listing the film in their "Coming Soon" list, if they don't do it within a week or two, they might ban the film within their outlets!

https://www.cinemark.com/movies/coming-soon

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Blaze 98 said:

I'm having the exact same problems. I'll just wait for someone to put it in the internet and watch it then 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, sciencewill98 said:

I'm having the exact same problems. I'll just wait for someone to put it in the internet and watch it then 

Good luck running into copyright problems. Remember, Lionsgate is distributing it worldwide as well.

• 2 years later...
  • Awesome animation
  • Awesome songs
  • Average story (you know, there is only so many plots that you can fit in 90 minutes)

However, I wouldn't go so far as to redesign the ponies. I think that was an insult to Lauren Faust. Also, the amount of glitter in their irises cannot make up for the new design :yeahno: