Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders had to leave Ponyville?

SaburoDaimando

THis is something that came up in my head.  But what if some event requires one member of the main Cutie Mark Crusaders to leave Ponyville for another area?

For example: Despite having a different Cutie Mark, Sweetie Belle ends up becoming more skilled with magic.   So much so that it catches Princess Celestia's eyes and she is enrolled in the School for Gifted Unicorns.  As a result, she has to live up in Canterlot, separate from Apple BLoom and Scootaloo.  ANd every day, she misses her close friends.  However, she sets up a Cutie Mark Crusader base to help the blank flanks of Canterlot find their Cutie Marks.  

What are you thoughts on this idea?

• Brohoof 1

I think that scenario makes sense. I believe they would have occasional visits from each other. Maybe if Scootaloo and Apple Bloom visits Canterlot and met the Canterlot CMC and they can be like the senior members and maybe the new members can be awed and stuff. It can also go with Sweetie Belle being torn later on between leaving the Canterlot branch under a new leader and heading back to Ponyville (It would probably be the later).

As a matter of fact I was wondering if Sweetie Belle was going to get in to Celestia's school, after seeing her using that shield spell in Campfire Tales, which looked quite advanced for a filly! 

If she did though, which I would love to see happen, I think it would be like Rainbow and the Wonderbolts- Rainbow doesn't live in Cloudsdale but is still a Wonderbolt, and Rarity has boutiques out of Ponyville but doesn't live in Canterlot or Manehatten. 

So maybe Sweetie Belle can go to the school without having to leave Ponyville?

• Brohoof 1

For the time being, I don't see that particular scenario as plausible. I suppose the reaction would depend on who's leaving. Sweetie Belle would probably miss her friends and family but otherwise be mostly fine; Scootaloo would be similar but probably make a point of seeing Rainbow whenever the Wonderbolts come to town; Apple Bloom might have some trouble adjusting, but she'd make new friends too. I can imagine any of them opening a new Cutie Mark Crusaders branch, though, which would be interesting, although I still feel they're too young to be running the club professionally. 

• Brohoof 2

If we are speculating on a potential show episode, I don't see this concept coming to fruition. That said, it isn't without precedent that extremely close friends wind up taking paths that find them in different locations, nor does it invalidate their friendship as my closest friendship is with someone who lives in another State. They could also fulfill their destiny or helping others find or understand their talents independently while maintaining said close friendship. 

I just don't see them having this become an episode without aging the characters to nearly full grown mares, something I don't think FiM is doing. But I've been wrong before. 

• Brohoof 1

While the show has had a lot of changes. All of the friends being together in Ponyville is one constant I do not believe will change. It will essentially amount to a main character exiting from the show, which tends to be a show killer.

2 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

That could be the time for the CMC to disband for good. By going their own separate ways.

This could happen, or they could find a replacement. Though I'd think that whichever one leaves, they'd think they were irreplaceable.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cloggedone said:

This could happen, or they could find a replacement. Though I'd think that whichever one leaves, they'd think they were irreplaceable.

I don't think finding a replacement is NOT gonna work. I think they SHOULD disband instead. Agreed?

Just now, MAIKUN said:

I don't think finding a replacement is NOT gonna work. I think they SHOULD disband instead. Agreed?

Kind of what I was getting at.

They'd all agree whoever leaves would be irreplaceable and just disband.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cloggedone said:

Kind of what I was getting at.

They'd all agree whoever leaves would be irreplaceable and just disband.

Yep, they should've disbanded after getting their Cutie Marks in the first place. Am I that right? But after all, a cutie mark can brainwash you and control you and tells you what to do.