Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever wanted to re-do your introduction post?

Kaneki

So, some of us have changed so much since we first introduced ourselves to the forum, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to re-do their introduction post. Of course I know it's probably discouraged, but I'm just curious.

I really do. I cannot even remember what I typed, but I've really turned my life around since I joined in 2012, so I want people to know who I am now. :)

• Brohoof 5

Hmm... let me find my intro first. :D (That's good I've made a list of topics I've started)

-- Mine seems to be okay, I haven't changed much since then. :P Though I admit I sometimes have that feel when there's some outdated information, but in that case I'm just editing (updating) the topic, instead of re-introducing myself. :derp: 

Besides, the most up-to-date information, I have on my profile page. The introduction topic sinks after some time, so not many will see it after that time anyway. :P

You've joined waaaaaaay much sooner than I did, so I don't think I could say anything. :D 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't actually make one - I know, terribly bad manners, but I seem to have managed.

If it's any consolation, I suspect that very few people will go back and read it... although after playing around with 'my activity' and getting it to filter oldest first, I've got links to some of my older posts.

As such, I guess I might as well call this my introductory post - making a point that I think is still true; I'll take that as my introduction.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I only joined a few months ago, and I recall my introductory post being pretty general, so no, not really. I've seen people re-do their posts after a long period of being away, though.

I actually never had the wish to do my introduction topic again. I actually did make mine wayy after I joined, and only out of request, and never really thought about how different it would be if I made it today instead of back then. Maybe there would be a difference or two, but the core of the thing is nah, I don't have any wish to remake it :P 

I don't really remember my intro post that well. I'm sure it was some silly off the cuff kind of thing. I'm still the same old me, so I don't know if much would change. In any case, I'd keep the old one just because it's a record of who I was at that moment in time. :grin:

I probably should've not gone so in-depth about myself, then again I hadn't made an 'About Me' on my profile at the time, so felt the need to go to town on it. I think I might have overloaded people with information that they didn't really care about, would definitely change that.

Hmm, I might as well (re) introduce myself. Honestly, I don't update my status or my about page too often, so here goes.

I've become enamoured with ponies back in 2014 when I discovered a fanfic which I really liked. Back then, I was a student working for a fast food joint. Today I've moved up in the world. Finished my BSc, landed a job for a tech firm and got married. 

Back then I was climbing out of a low of depression exclamating a really bad period in my life. Look at it this way - you'll never know how much you can accomplish if you surrender to despair and inactivity.

Mine was really boring and the "I'm shy please be nice to me" -type so I've thought that I should've written it better. Then I realize that it's not nearly as bad as some of the overly wordy introductions I used to make a few years ago. :lol: At least progress has happened ever since.

I'm gonna be the odd one here and say... yes. I kinda wish I could redo it. :adorkable:

To be honest, I think that's a problem I've always had with myself. I tend to never be fully satisfied with the things I do. After I finish a post - any post-, even if it seems so simple and insignificant, I go back to it after a day or two and keep judging the things I said. Thinking I could've said something differently, or that I didn't express myself well enough, or that I left something important out. These sorts of trivial stuff.

I'm constantly evolving and constantly changing my mind with each step I take. In my journey through the fandom alone, I've matured just so much. I've changed my opinion on so many things... Now that I think about it, the introduction post I made so many years ago barely reflects the person I've become. And if I did rewrite it today, likewise, it would become obsolete eventually. Thus, I would also want to redo it eventually.

Fact is, I'm happy with my current self. I wish I could rewrite my introduction post, just as a "personal update" to myself, but I can't. I simply won't be contented with it because I'm in constant metamorphosis... I'd much rather keep meeting new people and making new friends during this journey of mine~ :lol:

1 hour ago, Driz said:

I'm gonna be the odd one here and say... yes. I kinda wish I could redo it. :adorkable:

To be honest, I think that's a problem I've always had with myself. I tend to never be fully satisfied with the things I do. After I finish a post - any post-, even if it seems so simple and insignificant, I go back to it after a day or two and keep judging the things I said. Thinking I could've said something differently, or that I didn't express myself well enough, or that I left something important out. These sorts of trivial stuff.

I'm constantly evolving and constantly changing my mind with each step I take. In my journey through the fandom alone, I've matured just so much. I've changed my opinion on so many things... Now that I think about it, the introduction post I made so many years ago barely reflects the person I've become. And if I did rewrite it today, likewise, it would become obsolete eventually. Thus, I would also want to redo it eventually.

Fact is, I'm happy with my current self. I wish I could rewrite my introduction post, just as a "personal update" to myself, but I can't. I simply won't be contented with it because I'm in constant metamorphosis... I'd much rather keep meeting new people and making new friends during this journey of mine~ :lol:

That's really similar to how I feel.

I've gone through such a journey and matured a lot since I was 16, almost 17 (how old I was when I joined), so I would want to show how much more mature I am. I've even left some groups of negative influence that I was in to increase my maturity, which was the main cause.

If only we could re-do them every few years, like you said, they become obsolete fast....

• 9 months later...

I actually never did a introduction post specifically for that reason; I know that if I looked back on it I would most likely cringe at who I was a long time ago. I was no good at introductions then, and still aren't now! I'm actually quite glad that I didn't. :orly:

I don't think there's much I could change, and since it was over four years ago, I doubt anyone has even seen the original anyway.  So, I guess it doesn't really matter to me at this point.

I just went back to see if I actually did one and if I did how it was, and I did and don't think there was anything particularly wrong about it. Naturally I was speaking from the context of my life back in 2011, so it wouldn't be an accurate introduction for me today, but there's nothing that makes me cringe or anything.

I honestly wish I could do it again. It's been quite awhile since I've done one so yeah, I would love to.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly? Hell no. Yeah, i was a lot more aloof back then... but it's nice to see how far I've come. :grin: I may have been more awkward back then... but I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Brohoof 1

My intro was little more than an awkward formality because I thought it was expected of me when I signed up here. I don't remember what it was like; just some basic facts and a title like "Ignore this." 

If I had to do it again I'd probably do it the same, but otherwise I'd skip it altogether.