Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Sleep Thread

Meeps

I can usually fall asleep pretty quickly (within 10 minutes-ish) if I'm tired enough and not... feeling anxious.

I like it to be super quiet; sleeping with noise feels kinda weird to me (unless it's rain)!

Lately I've been going to sleep at around 10 and getting up at 5:30/6. I'd much rather sleep from like 12-8, but my school schedule doesn't allow it D: 

On 9/22/2017 at 3:59 AM, Retro*Tomoko said:

I have trouble getting in, and getting out. Usually stay up till 4am then wanna sleep till 2. Usually takes about 20 mins to fall asleep, if sleepy.

Have you tried modifying your sleep cycle, or does it always seem to end up as the 4 am to 2 thing? I think I have about the same amount of difficult in falling asleep as I do in waking up. Every now and then its easy as pie, but it usually takes me a good 20-30 min of mentally convincing myself I'm definitely going to be up/asleep in the next 5 mins before it happens lol.

20 hours ago, Meeps said:

Have you tried modifying your sleep cycle, or does it always seem to end up as the 4 am to 2 thing? -snip-

Tried to but its rough when work time is inconsistent. Sometimes work isn't over till 3am, other times it's done before midnight. It's been working-ish so far now.

I have a strict sleep schedule. In bed by 9, asleep by 10, up at 5. I don't sleep too uncomfortably but sometimes I do have some rough nights. I found elevating my bed fairly high helps me a bit. You need a sort of step-hop to get into my bed, heh heh.

I have no trouble sleeping, it only takes me about 2 minutes (maybe longer) to lose conscious (I only sleep when I'm tired, I never force myself to sleep.), now getting up is different. Unless someone is waking me up or I have an alarm I go through a constant state of waking up and falling asleep until I realize what time it is, I try not to sleep pass 9. I'm a pretty light sleeper as well, if something tries to wake me up I'm on my feet just like that. As for what I dream of... it varies depending on what I was doing/thinking of before falling asleep. A few nights back I had a dream I was a Stormtrooper. And a few weeks back I had a dream I was featured on one of my favorite YouTuber's channel. Though majority of the time I forget what I was dreaming of.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

It only takes me a little while to fall asleep, and I'm not including the time I spend on my phone in bed before decided to actually go to bed. I've complied a list of videos by Devon Tracey that don't have loud music in them and listen to them while I sleep, I play the first video, hit shuffle, then next to select a random video. Said playlist can be located here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqDqwzuq2WhS1V_cJbROUI8C5RrdPYO6J

• 4 weeks later...

I'm everything except a heavy sleeper. I once woke up because someone opened a door, while that door is two stares down through another door, kitchen and living room. I have a hard time falling asleep and I dream mostly about fantasy stories I came up with myself.

• 1 month later...

I don't fall asleep quickly. I can lay there for up to an hour before I finally drift off. Unless I had an especially busy day or my anxiety is being a pain, in which case I am mentally drained and fall asleep rather quickly.

Once I do get to sleep, I can usually sleep between 6 and 10 hours, depending on whether or not I have classes in the morning.

I usually fall asleep very quickly but any little noise will usually snap me out of it. I need white noise to sleep and I like the room temperature to be cold. I NEVER use an alarm clock. I hate those vile pieces of noisy crap. I wake up according to my own mental clock, usually within minutes of when I want to. 

I usually try to go sleep at 22:00 - 00:00, but it takes from 1 to 4h to fall sleep...last night I couldn't sleep before 5AM >w<

On school mornings I use alarm clock but usually wake up 15 min before I have to wake up. Also sometimes I wake up in the middle of night.

Edited by Lunarlicious

• 2 years later...

It is always different. Sometimes, I have such a heavy sleep that I oversleep a thunderstorm, and sometimes, I woke up by a small singing bird. But usually, it is something between both. I also need often a little bit time to fall asleep. What I also need is darkness, no noises and also cool temperatures.

I sleep much more than I should. I really do. I sleep for at least 12-13 hours per night. I also try to nap once a day (each nap being three hours or so). I love to sleep!

B6924B25-ED49-4A4C-B2C2-6C53046B8650.gif

I've gotten the time it takes me to fall asleep down to about an hour to an hour and a half, though there are still some nights where it can take longer than two (but they're getting a little less frequent). Ten hours of sleep is normal for me, which is annoying because I hate sleeping. It's a lot of time spent doing absolutely nothing, but if you don't do it you feel like garbage and can't focus on anything.

Also, I have a history of sleeping through alarms, even with the volume cranked all the way up. That mostly only happens if I haven't been getting enough sleep, though.