Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

A Health of Information  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Spike: *sees flyder invasion, puts castle on lockdown* ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Fluttershy: *inhales deeply* Nooooooooooooo. ("I dislike it.")
    • Angel: *eats salad, shrugs* ("…meh.")
    • Fluttershy: "I'd like to be a tree." ("I like it!")
    • Zecora: "I'm having such a great time, I almost forgot to rhyme." ("I LOVE IT!" <3)

Zecora got sick with Swamp Fever when she's close to that flower that opens up a sick air, so Fluttershy makes her own mission to heal Zecora from sickness. Zecora, just rest at your own place when you're sick with Swamp Fever.

I know in this episode that Fluttershy, as well as Princess Twilight Sparkle, learned more about Meadowbrook's story when ponies are sick with Swamp Fever that made her very busy on healing them, the way to heal sick ponies is the proper purification effect like honey. The honey is located inside the beehive, but the beehive is dangerous with lots of bees inside that will sting them. Fluttershy would have to take honey from them at her own risk but fainted in the scene without wearing the mask— so she need to wear the mask, with the help of Princess Twilight Sparkle alongside, to let the bees go away from their beehive and borrow honey from them so she can cure and purify Zecora with honey. Thinking that honey is delicious to cure and purify them from sickness.

This is one of my favorite episodes with Fluttershy, as well as Princess Twilight Sparkle, are the main focus as they both are my #1 favorite ponies in my top priority; so I will rate this episode as an excellent episode. :fluttershy:

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I thought the ponies on the hayseed swamp would die because of the epidemic with no cure at all. But that can't happen, you known, for kids

Plus, I never knew that Fluttershy is that smart 0_0

Edited by Kevin_Tang

• 2 weeks later...

. . . I don't know which idea I find more terrifying to be honest. The idea swamp fever essentially kills Ponies by turning them into a tree or the idea that it doesn't and their still alive in there with the minds active to some degree. I shall have to think about this. Especially for the surviving ponies do you cut down dangerous tree's or have you just finally killed a relative who could perhaps be cured if you do. Either way it means there's a decent chance that tree Zecora is hanging off once used to be a pony and offers a frightening explanation for how abandoned hay seed swamp consdiering all those ponies were sick before her mother conrtacted the disease and may not have been able to be cured.

Twilight seemed a little out of character here and her not using magic on the bee's is a bit of an odd ball but obviously the writers wanted to focus on Flutershy. Twilight was adoreable in the cooking contest with speak and her wanting a second opinion on her food that lost.

No starlight I noticed I wonder if this episode could be considered to be happening while she and Trixie were off visiting Thorax.

At least with something this virulent and isolated there's a good chance any outbreaks burnt themselves out before they could spread too far. Still with modern day Equestria a cure would be very important.

• 1 month later...

This is a fantastic episode. It has a great adventure, good jokes, and a good moral. The lore here actually adds to the story, unlike all the other attempts at worldbuilding this season.

Fluttershy is the standout here, showing just how far she's come since season 1. 

Score: 9/10

• 2 months later...

I loved this episode, the moral was great and seeing Fluttershy go to such lengths to heal Zecora was heartwarming, Fluttershy definitely shined in this episode. I liked the new location that was shown and the jokes were very funny, the part at the end with the doctor pony asking for the cure made me laugh. 9/10 episode.

• 1 month later...

A really entertaining episode. The doctor scene in the beginning was a bit strange, though. I liked that Fluttershy was actively leading the search for the cure. She tried her best for Zecora and the whole episode showed how much she loves her friends, although she didn't take enough rest when she needed it.

If it were for the Fluttershy in the past, she would've panicked and not have been much of a help. It seems like she really changed a lot, in aa good way.:mlp_yay:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are we just going to ignore how Twilight, Cattail, and Spike didn't get Swamp Fever from being near Fluttershy, but Fluttershy and Doctor Muffintop got Swamp Fever from being near Zecora?

............. Oh. Okay then. Guess Twilight, Cattail, and Spike have really high immune systems.

20 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Are we just going to ignore how Twilight, Cattail, and Spike didn't get Swamp Fever from being near Fluttershy, but Fluttershy and Doctor Muffintop got Swamp Fever from being near Zecora?

............. Oh. Okay then. Guess Twilight, Cattail, and Spike have really high immune systems.

Or after she found the cure they all took it before symptoms began showing.

• 1 month later...

I mostly just like this episode because of how it expands the world. We've seen swamp lands before, but this episode shows more about the kinds of ponies who lived in these areas.

The main story surrounding it is just okay though. Fluttershy isn't perfect here, which is an improvement from Fluttershy Leans In, but she's still not that interesting to watch. This is probably more of a personal thing and it's been a problem for me since the beginning of the show. Usually, she's paired with someone else to make things more interesting, and while that happens here, she and Twilight don't have a really fun dynamic. And the moral is made so obvious that the third act is incredibly predictable. I like some of the jokes, but that's not enough.

Honestly, without the lore I think this episode would just be meh. But with the lore, it's at least interesting.

Score: 6/10

• 4 months later...

It was a really interesting episode, the plot had world building and made good use of the characters. Zecoras disease was pretty dark, considering what would have happened if she wasn't cured.  I loved the legend and that it was a callback to the cutie map when starlight mentioned her name, so it was satisfying for me to see that build upon. Fluttershy was amazing in this episode, it was so cool to see her slightly smug side(while being nice).

The only thing that bothered me was Twilight, she was to casual about zicoras impending doom. 8\10

Edited by Rushing cash

• 7 months later...

Didn't like this one as much the second time. I still love the premise: the effects of Swamp Fever are way more disturbing than if it just killed its victims, and I think this does a great job of making Fluttershy's mistakes not only understandable but in some ways even admirable. And Mage Meadowbrook's story was always one of my favourites of the Pillars, if only because it's slightly more personal than the others. But, like way too many episodes in the show's later seasons, this can often feel strained to fit its moral. The biggest problem is Twilight, whose relaxed attitude constantly feels off, as if she doesn't really care about the stakes. Not for one second do I believe that Twilight would be so calm in this situation. I'm glad she gets to be the snarky voice of reason for once, but most of her quips are weirdly inappropriate. Plus a lot of the dialogue is exposition; too much time is spent telling us what happened and what the moral is. Fluttershy is great in this, though; her dedication to saving Zecora is inspiring even though it's misguided, and she even gets some small moments of ego. I still like this one, but it's frustrating in the same way that most season 7 episodes are frustrating. 

• 11 months later...

I loved this episode. The exploring of Mage Meadowbrook's place, the pony that was there was really cool. The Flashbees sound like a very interesting type of bee. The story and moral are amazing.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I loved this episode too. But it's also quite a dark one, there was  a chance two loose Zecora and Fluttershy. Very unlikely the authors would have ever went there, but still this surprised me. It's  get even darker if one remember the episode 'Over a Barrel'  from season one, where Fluttershy said she like to be a tree :sealed:

The whole plot of this episode was very good and interesting.I love especially the part where Mage Meadowbrook' home and descendant were introduced. It was also nice to see that Fluttershy were so invested there, that she found out Mage Meadowbrook identify over night, while Twilight could not keep up. The moment where Fluttershy was attacked by the Flashbees and got unconscious emphasized how serious this plot got here. The final resolution with the Meadowbrook's mask could have been better, but was still good.

The moment with the cook of between Twilight and Spike was also definitely a memorable one.

So a great episode and in my opinion the best one of all the pillar introductions.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I really like this episode, though I am put off by three things:

1.) Despite Fluttershy's ability to fly, Zecora was the one collecting the Criss-Cross Moss, which caused her to fall into the water and get sick.

2.) Twilight and Cattail not realizing to use the mask to get the Flash bee's honey in the 3 days Fluttershy was unconscious.

3.) The doctor being revealed to have contracted swamp fever, leaving the implication of a disease outbreak.

• 5 months later...