Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Songs that always give you goosebumps?

Kaneki

Is there a song out there that makes you feel that way, in a good or bad way?

Recently, Kesha's new song, "Praying" has been really doing that for me. It's a total 180 from her old style, and the pure emotion about the lyrics alongside that angelic high note at the end really makes me emotional and raises the hairs on my back, in a good way.

this song always calms me down. i just want sit down on a sunny day and listen to this song while staring at the clouds [ skip to 32 seconds thats when it gets good] or you could go with this one 

I'm not the biggest fan of Tool, despite loving quite a few of their songs. Parabol/Parabola from Lateralus however, just always made my hair stand up on end every single time I listen to it. Parabol starts off quite dark, quiet and restricting, luring me in, ready for when Parabola comes in like a sledgehammer with its dynamically heavy in your face guitar sound... Adam Jones's tone, effects and sound is sublime most of the time, but the way he makes his guitar sound so guttural and violent yet refined and clean in the second half of this two-parter of a song is just never ceases to excite and amaze me.

Edited by Vocal Analyst

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Something about this song is just...inherently nostalgic. Whether it's your first or twentieth time hearing it you always feel like you've known the melody your entire life. I realize that's maybe the point considering the context in which it plays but it reaches beyond the scope of the game for me. It's chilling and always puts me in a sort of trance state when I hear it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...