Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First time you accidentally saw an R rated movie?

FirePuppy

It does not necessarily have to be in a theater. It could be from a time when it was from a VHS or DVD.

And remember, what I mean by "accidentally", in other words, you didn't insert the VHS or DVD of that movie yourself.

Edited by FirePuppy

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

It does not necessarily have to be in a theater. It could be from a time when it was from a VHS or DVD.

And remember, what I mean by "accidentally", in other words, you didn't insert the VHS or DVD of that movie yourself.

My nearly-9 year old sister nearly saw the opening of Starship Troopers the other day; we had finished watching The Clone Wars and it just went onto the next film (they play in alphabetical order). Luckily, she was out of the room.

As for me, I don't think I ever accidentally saw one. The first R-rated film I saw was The Blues Brothers, I believe.

• Brohoof 2

It's hard to remember the very first one. I used to sit and watch TV with my dad and got sent out of the room a LOT when something inappropriate came on. I seem to remember some cruddy Charles Bronson movies from the '70s that got me deported to my room. Probably Death Wish or something like that. 

• Brohoof 1

hmmmmmm..... not sure. I think South park mightve been the first one. I certainly remember when we were at a friends house and their older sibling flicked through the channels looking for cartoons and we found south park. The ice man episode right as Kenny died - was the funniest thing i'd ever seen, but as soon as one of the parents saw what the group of kids were watching, it was switched off right away and the remote confiscated. same with the N64 game. I mustve been 7-9 at the time.  

• Brohoof 1

I think that was in the winter of early 1998, when i saw Felidae on TV. I was 8 back then

Felidae is a german based animated movie, based on a book by the same name, which is a crime novel with Cats in them.

Back then, i thought everything with animation was for kids but how wrong i was. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, accidentally stumbled upon it.

Has to be Chuckie since I remember about him since I was 5 or 6. I had a lot of nightmares with him, but I remember the last time I had a nightmare with him he was dying, and I never saw him again.

Chucky ( i dont know which ones) but till these day chucky is one of my favorite classic horror. 

Edited by TBD

I think the very first one I saw was People Under the Stairs in 1991 because it would have been the family that had a Sega Genesis and it was before Christmas that I had to stay with them for a few days and they had me watch it to try and scare me.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've ever "accidentally" watched a movie. When I was like 6 or 7 my dad would try to hide his VHS tapes of Heavy Metal and Starship Troopers but I would find and watch them anyways so they were always on purpose

My dad had me and my brother watch the first Terminator movie with him, my mom got upset when she found out because she said "We weren't allowed to watch R-rated movies", but yeah, that's probably the first R-rated movie I saw that I wasn't apparently supposed to see. 

Edited by King of Canterlot

It's one of two films. 

The Shining. We were early adopters of HBO and that was on HBO in 1982 I believe. I think I was five years old. Dad was asleep on the recliner and I woke up and it was just coming on so I sat down and watched it while he was sleeping. I remember most of that experience vividly, except the exact timing ... 

Either that or Friday the 13th Part 2 ... Similar situation but I am actually not sure what came first. This one I mostly remember the mother's severed head on a table. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Mirage said:

The Thing.

Holy shit that was disturbing to watch when I was little.

That's disturbing to watch as an adult!

As for me: my parents were of the "we're cool and let our five year old watch R rated movies. " i watched so many inappropriate things. I should not have been quoting Revenge of the Nerds in first grade. ..geeze. and that's just the tip of the ice berg. Rocky Horror, Clockwork Orange, Hellraiser all in elementary school.  It's more like what appropriate movies did I accidentally see. No wonder i ended up socially awkward.

• Brohoof 1

I never intentionally watch R rated anything. Except for The King’s Speech, but that was just rated R for the several dozen F bombs.

I think the only time I accidentally caught a bit of an R rated film, I was 6 and my dad was watching Alien or Aliens. He was always trying to get me to watch scary crap, but I noped out of there so fast I barely saw a thing.