Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can anyone explain about the boots on the dolls' designs?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

I really wonder what caused the makers to use boots for the initial EqG characters, since most foot fashion that was directed towards women (as I know) usually consisted of high heels.

Was it due to a fashion trend in 2013 where colourful or decorated boots have become the trend during that time?

334906.jpg

As I understand it, it's a manufacturing thing more than an artistic decision. The first thing is that these dolls were made to compete with Monster High dolls from Mattel. Since that was at the time the 'established' brand, Hasbro had to undercut them price-point wise. These had to be a lot cheaper to make. Making them all run off the same molds, or minor variations of the molds, made the manufacturing easier. to make footwear that will stay on the doll during play. So they were all going to get only minor variations of the same footwear. And if you look at the original run of Monster High dolls, the majority of them wear tall boots as well, so that's what you end up with.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

And if you look at the original run of Monster High dolls, the majority of them wear tall boots as well, so that's what you end up with.

And I also wondered, whether did a fashion trend affect the development of Monster High, resulting in them wearing colourful boots? I do not expect them to be as fashionable as high heels, but rather a bit too "bulky" to be "slender" for the women who were fashion customers.

I've heard that the boots were supposed to be an allegory for hooves. 

May I have a link to find out more?

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

6 minutes ago, HorsesandMOARGaloar said:

And I also wondered, whether did a fashion trend affect the development of Monster High, resulting in them wearing colourful boots? I do not expect them to be as fashionable as high heels, but rather a bit too "bulky" to be "slender" for the women who were fashion customers.

May I have a link to find out more?

It was never officially stated, just soemthign I've heard pop over a few discussions on the subject at cons and stuff.

Though doing a little more research, it may also be a reference to horse riders and how they always wear boots. 

• Brohoof 1