Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science Is Mother Nature getting out of control?

Jon the VGNerd

To be fair, it hasn't really ever not been that way, but global warming is making it worse and worse, and some people still don't believe in the idea even though there's a VAST scientic consensus on the issue that those people who don't believe in it ignore completely.

Global Warming has a link to the increase in hurricanesthe increase in seasonal allergy problems, and has had fairly negative implications on the availability of potable water. I feel like with all of these links to increasingly common problems (being Hurricanes, allergies getting worse and worse by the year, and problems with water-borne dseases that are particularly noticeable in third-world coutnries), it should seem that 97% of scientist across the globe are right on this issue. But some people can't accept it, probably because "MUH MONEY", "MUH OIL", or "But Fox said..." (I think the last of the three is the most laughable excuse, considering how often Fox reporters lie on air). Well, it is a problem that is well-documented and hard to deny acknowledging the facts (which most skeptics don't).

Edited by Barik the Luigineer

Humans bro...humans. Mother nature is just being grouchy about us not taking care of her well. She is trying to get our attention..like everyone's else's moms am I right?....but then again some parts are just nature itself doing their own things. 

Edited by TBD

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Is the OP familiar with climate change? We are pumping billions of metric tons of co2 emissions into the air every year. That's been causing hurricane and wildfire rates to increase. We could do something about it, but we'd rather just play politics... 

1 hour ago, SolarFlare13 said:

IMO, it is getting out of control. Every winter, the temperature goes up by one degree and it's noticeably getting warmer and warmer :o

Winters have changed so much over the years where I live. As I've probably posted somewhere here on this forum before, when I was a child I liked documenting the temperatures in my diaries for some reason. In December of 2001 I documented that it hit 70 degrees in December and was utterly floored. Like that's just something that never happened. It never even got close to 70 normally. Back then, we even had different wardrobes for the seasons, and t-shirts, shorts, skirts, etc. were put away for the winter.

That's all a distant memory now. We now have to keep our warm weather wardrobe throughout the winter, because the temperatures will get up into the upper 60s and 70s many times each winter now (sometimes weekly), and some years it even gets up into the 80s! (Yuck).

Now I do know that obviously it has gotten warm in the winters in the past, but it is just such a regularity now. It is now the norm. It happens every year, multiple times.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/22/2017 at 7:31 PM, TBD said:

Humans bro...humans. Mother nature is just being grouchy about us not taking care of her well. She is trying to get our attention..like everyone's else's moms am I right?....but then again some parts are just nature itself doing their own things. 

Wow..
I sound like a hippy on a joint :crackle:

honestly... we are the makers of our own demise. We come on here to point hooves/fingers and not try to accept we also are the cause of the issue. Humans by nature is a plague, we kinda are like cancer. Nothing we do helps the world, we murder, we destory to make our lives better, then we create weapons of mass destruction which also destroy everything as well.

The truth of the matter is, if there is a real spiritual being like Mother Nature, i am not surprised she is overly mad and is trying to kill alot of humans with plagues and destructive weather attacks. With how much we destroy and take.. and not try to give in return..... its no shock at all these kinda disasters happen. The world is quite mad at us for not caring for it properly.

But besides all of this... there are the minority of ppl that try their hardest to help... sadly the majority outnumber the minority.

Being out of control implies sentient willpower to gain or maintain it in the first place. Everything that can be labeled a natural disaster can be measured and calculated down to the question of why it started. Like many people have pointed out, much of the reason for the extreme weather and natural disasters in recent years can to some degree be linked to climate change. Which, of course, we are the leading causes of. It's not to say every natural disaster is our own faults, but much of it largely is caused by climate change which has been radically accelerated by the growth of human industry. Mother Nature is blameless because Mother Nature doesn't exist. We invented the concept of Mother Nature.

That also doesn't mean that every time there is a tornado or a tidal wave or sinkhole, one should be outraged at the companies and farmers that contribute to greenhouse gasses and larger carbon footprints the most. As individual consumers, we are also to blame, and in total we outnumber those companies and farms. If you've ever thrown away any sort of packaging to anything- even if it was recycled- if you've ever eaten meat, or if you've ever driven an automobile, then you can in some way blame yourself if pointing fingers is how you choose to address the problem. Unfortunately an all-encompassing answer hasn't been discovered yet, and the longer it remains undiscovered, the worse and more frequent these natural disasters will get. I would suggest you and the people you love learn how to prepare for any disaster that is likely to occur near you, because as things are now, prevention is often not possible.

Edited by Sunset Rose