Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Big Mac's new relationship strain his friendship with Spike?

ggg-2

I remember a fanfic where Big Mac starts spending so much time with Sugar Belle (I still hate this pairing btw) that it starts to strain his close friendship with Spike. Could this really happen in the show?

Well, anything is possible if the show staff & such find enough interest and potential for a conflict like that. Granted, this idea also has potential to be a tad too cliched, so...I wouldn't expect it.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Could this really happen in the show?

That's really only a matter of if they choose to make a plot like that. We hardly see Spike interact with Big Mac in the first place. Him being in a relationship can just as easily not get in the way of hanging out with Spike the same way Rainbow Dash being in the Wonderbolts never really affects her hanging out with her friends.

I think this could be good for Spike's development if this were to be just mentioned. I mean I don't see Spike stopping Big Mac from hanging with Sugar Belle, but I can see it affecting his inner feelings that he believes to not be worth mentioning to his friends. Spike is mysterious! I mean he hasn't been talking about what's wrong with his life, because he only focuses and talks about the good in his life. It's very noble and kind of him to do, but I guess that's why he hasn't been that social on a personal level with anyone as of late, because he's hiding his negative emotions, and pretty much only let them out one time this season when he had a huge responsibility to take care of.

It would only cause a problem if there was a character conflict between Spike and Sugar Belle, which I don't see happening since Spike tends to get along with everyone except Garble. We haven't seen much depicted of Spike's friendship with Big Mac, so I presume it has little significance in the show. This too would mean it is unlikely for a major drama to suddenly erupt over it.

But then, it's up to the whim of the writers. So, who knows? Care to place some bets?