Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does Tempest Shadow's cutiemark look like? (NEW POLL!)

Valeska

Does Tempest Shadow have a cutiemark?  

44 users have voted

1. 1. What is Tempest Shadow's Cutiemark Status?

• She has a cutiemark.
    • She is a blank flank.
    • She had a cutiemark but it is no longer there.
  2. 2. Should the CMC help out Tempest with her cutiemark potential?

• Yes
    • Depends
    • No

Since Tempest Shadow is always wearing her armor, I wonder if we will ever be able to see her without the armor to show off her cutiemark. Or does she even have a cutiemark? CHECK OUT THE POLLS ABOVE!!!

Edited by Valeska
  • Brohoof 1

I'm guessing she might not. She lost her horn as a filly, so I think  she didn't reach to her potential talent to receive it.  But I think we'll soon see.

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, AppleJackIsaPony said:

I doubt losing youre horn makes you not allowed to have a cutie mark, she can still do magic its just unstable. 

exactly, since its unstable she wouldn't bother using it at all. which will prevent her from even  trying to achieve anything to earn a cutie mark. Unless she goes around trying things out to earn it like CMC. but doubt it, since Its seems she spent most of her life searching for something to get her magic back. Without her horn she's nothing as she phase it in the comic. unless she already earn it before her horn broke off. that's just my guess.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

If she had it before the incident, my guess would be some sort of berry dessert.
If she had it after she left, my guess would be something to resemble her leadership skills.
My hope is shes still a blank flank and the CMC help her get it XD :P probs not tho :I

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
On 9/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, TBD said:

I'm guessing she might not. She lost her horn as a filly, so I think  she didn't reach to her potential talent to receive it.  But I think we'll soon see.

Yeah, someone pointed out on tumbler that due to her giving up on pony society she potentially couldn't have gotten her cutie mark because she hadn't reached her full potential when seeking a way to fix her broken horn. I really hope that they will include Tempest in season 8. Otherwise it would be a great waste of an amazing character! 

NEW POLL ABOVE!!!

Edited by Valeska

33 minutes ago, Valeska said:

Yeah, someone pointed out on tumbler that due to her giving up on pony society she potentially couldn't have gotten her cutie mark because she hadn't reached her full potential when seeking a way to fix her broken horn. I really hope that they will include Tempest in season 8. Otherwise it would be a great waste of an amazing character! 

NEW POLL ABOVE!!!

I hope she is a blank flank because it would make sense. In the comic she also mentioned she lost something that would define her. (cutie mark red flag)But I think i rather have her found them on her own. With the CMC helps, kinda make it a bit cliche for her, I rather have her earn her cutie though unexpected and difficult times. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Who's going to voice her?

The show might not be able to get Emily Blunt on a semi-regular basis, after all.

There are a ton of talented voice actors out there who can replicate a former actor's voice, so I honestly don't see it as being a huge problem. Granted Emily Blunt will probably never voice Tempest Shadow again unless she appears in a movie sequel because she is just too expensive to keep her as Tempest's voice.

4 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Who's going to voice her?

The show might not be able to get Emily Blunt on a semi-regular basis, after all.

If I didn't see the actors list, and if you didn't tell me it was Emily Blunt ... I would have never guessed. 

My thoughts, she has a cutie mark. She covered it up with armor because she didn't want to be associated with anything related to ponykind ..  including linguistic culture ... which is why she doesn't say anypony (She sings anyBODY). There would be no need for the CMC to help. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

My thoughts, she has a cutie mark. She covered it up with armor because she didn't want to be associated with anything related to ponykind ..  including linguistic culture ... which is why she doesn't say anypony (She sings anyBODY). There would be no need for the CMC to help. 

I really loved that little detail about the film. It made the "we're no longer in Equestria" feel that much more real, when you've got the Mane 6 going around saying "everypony," even when there are no ponies, it's like a foreigner using their region's slang and dialect.

Anyway about the topic, I would like to say she has a cutie mark, a unicorn's magic does not a cutie mark rely solely on. However there is the issue of what could her purpose in life be. I'd love to see some stories with her maybe doing something nice for an innocent victim (giving a toy to an orphaned filly whose parents were accidentally crushed in the invasion) Which earns her cutie mark with the special talent of empathy in those who didn't deserve the break they were handed in life. She then takes the Troubleshoes route, hides from it, and feels tortured by it unable to escape her supposed destiny when all she wants is her horn back. To get back the thing she feels she truly deserved to have.

• Brohoof 3

She very likely has one, IMHO. Having a cutie mark doesn't mean you have to completely understand it (e.g. Troubleshoes). Starlight had her cutie mark before she really "discovered" herself and what friendship could do for her. Cutie marks represent you regardless of whether you're corrupted or not; they show the path to your true potential even if it's not obvious to you what that potential is. I always saw it as a result of maturing to which you're old enough to find yourself...even if you may not have consciously concluded what makes you unique.

• Brohoof 3

I would love to discover that Tempest is a Blank Flank. That would add a fascinating dimension to her already fascinating personality. Since she lost her horn at an early age and developed a sense of anger at feeling left out by her friends, I can see why she might not have done many of the things that would have resulted in a Cutie Mark. Depending on when she got mixed up with The Storm King, she may not have had the time or the inclination to do anything but nasty stuff. I don't think she'd reach her potential just being a villain so I'd like to think she's still a Blank Flank.

I don't think the CMC should get involved with her getting her CM, if she actually IS a Blank Flank, because Tempest seems like she'd take control of her own destiny and not need to seek the help of anyone else to find her true talent. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I'd say she has none. Otherwise, what would her cutie mark be? Something that has to do with making regrettable mistakes? Making ponies suffer? Or being redeemed? None of that tells you enough about who she is as an individual, let alone defines her true calling in life. If they want Tempest to make any real impact in the G4 universe, they need to keep her flank spotless so the CMCs can help her catch up on growing.

And by the way....

Why are we still calling her "Tempest"? She's admitted her real name is Fizzlepop.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's clear she has a cutie mark purely based on age and accomplishment. We know from twilight's studies cutie magic is unique. Because both earth ponies and pegasi have them it's not unicorn related, thus not horn related. When Tirek steals the pony's magic they all continue to have marks just not their personal magic including: earth strength, pegasi flight, unicorn magic. In reverse, when Starlight stole marks they had basic skills yet no one excelled at anything. At the end of the movie Twilight tells Tempest she and her magic are powerful. So she has clearly found her strength and has magic with the broken horn. She has just been focusing those skills in a less than ideal way.

I believe the difference is reaching her full potential in a positive way. Think back to when Diamond Tiara says she knew her special talent was getting other ponies to do what she wanted, she just didn't understand it or what to do with it. Part of the Cutie Mark Crusaders tasks is to help ponies expands on their talents and understand them. Recall bulk biceps who had only been lifting everything in sight but never been a trainer. The real question is what is the mark? What will she do next? She is clearly good at martial arts, determination, commanding/ leading groups. Is Twilight getting a new student? 

• Brohoof 1

Since her real name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist, I would imagine her cutie mark looking like a fizzy soda bottle with a berry label on it. Then again, some cutie marks from the show don't represent the name of the pony either. 

• Brohoof 1

Just read the prequel comic and i gotta say... they tried really hard to hide her flank.. whether it be a hand, a rock or shading...
Maby this is a hint she already had her mark before joining tempest but (also according to the comic) after she left as a filly...

• Brohoof 1

On 9/17/2017 at 10:13 PM, TBD said:

exactly, since its unstable she wouldn't bother using it at all. which will prevent her from even  trying to achieve anything to earn a cutie mark. Unless she goes around trying things out to earn it like CMC. but doubt it, since Its seems she spent most of her life searching for something to get her magic back. Without her horn she's nothing as she phase it in the comic. unless she already earn it before her horn broke off. that's just my guess.

I think Tempest can still do magic, she just needs to learn how to use it differently now.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I think Tempest can still do magic, she just needs to learn how to use it differently now.

like vaporizing? xp

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Vaporizing? No, I mean, casting small spells for starters and move up so she's able to control it.

yeh i know what you mean, i was just making a joke xp. But it would take years if she work hard enough. which....

Spoiler

twilight will be able to help her with that.

2 hours ago, TBD said:

yeh i know what you mean, i was just making a joke xp. But it would take years if she work hard enough. which....

Hide contents

twilight will be able to help her with that.

Oh, a joke.

I don't know about years, a few days maybe, and I'm sure Princess Celestia and Luna will help her get herself back on track. Maybe Starlight and Luna can help her since they understand how she feels.

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Oh, a joke.

I don't know about years, a few days maybe, and I'm sure Princess Celestia and Luna will help her get herself back on track. Maybe Starlight and Luna can help her since they understand how she feels.

I would like that to happen when those three get together, mainly luna.