Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You Discovered You're a Mermaid/Merman! Your reaction?

Will Guide

You discover that you can become a Mermaid/ Merman when enough water touches you! Your real legs return when you dry off. What'd be your reaction?

59bfad9813b3f_images(10).jpg.87e68476d4a72b3b5bd82a199da89927.jpg

Me? I would finally have a fun day at the beach! Maybe even explore the deep sea! ^_^

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Does it happen automatically when we touch water, or do we have a full control on it?
That changes many things.

If we'd have the full control over it:

If that would be optional then yeah, why not- being able to change the form always comes in handy. I wouldn't complain even if I'd have the ability to temporarily turn into a rat to be honest.

If that would happen automatically:

I'm not sure if I'd like it. At first it could be nice, but then it probably would bring more problems, than anything else.
Sure you could explore the deep sea and experience something unique, but that's the only good thing I can think of.

Now it would become much less fun if you'd bump into problems-
- What if it would be raining? Turning into a mermaid/merman on the street wouldn't bring anything good. You'd get stuck and probably have to wait until it stops raining and also wait for the ground to get dry, thus probably spend the whole day lying on the ground.

- A big NOPE to Winters. Snow is water, so it would be great if we could hibernate. :twi: 

- Wash your hands they said, you'll not get stuck in the bathroom they said. :D Kinda feels like in games- you can 'restore' your hygiene only in 'save points', that exist only in your home and probably few specific places. 

- Plot twist - water as your weak point. Just a bottle of water would be more than enough to stop you- robbers' new favorite weapon; Somebody wants to make fun of you? water will be perfect.

- and many more problems due to unexpected transformations.

I think I'd treat that as a curse. Mermaids are helpless on land and let's be honest, we spend most of our lives on the ground, thus it has way more cons, than pros.

Speaking of turning into mermaids, the same concept was used in H2O: Just Add Water, so I think I could say, that I'm aware of some of its pros and cons. :P 
WtvmtpT.png
Heh, I got ninja'd with that tv program. :D 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

I would sing constantly 

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

Does it happen automatically when we touch water, or do we have a full control on it?
That changes many things.

If we'd have the full control over it:

If that would be optional then yeah, why not- being able to change the form always comes in handy. I wouldn't complain even if I'd have the ability to temporarily turn into a rat to be honest.

If that would happen automatically:

I'm not sure if I'd like it. At first it could be nice, but then it probably would bring more problems, than anything else.
Sure you could explore the deep sea and experience something unique, but that's the only good thing I can think of.

Now it would become much less fun if you'd bump into problems-
- What if it would be raining? Turning into a mermaid/merman on the street wouldn't bring anything good. You'd get stuck and probably have to wait until it stops raining and also wait for the ground to get dry, thus probably spend the whole day lying on the ground.

- A big NOPE to Winters. Snow is water, so it would be great if we could hibernate. :twi: 

- Wash your hands they said, you'll not get stuck in the bathroom they said. :D Kinda feels like in games- you can 'restore' you  hygiene only in 'save points', that exist only in your home and probably few specific places. 

- Plot twist - water as your weak point. Just a bottle of water would be more than enough to stop you- robbers' new favorite weapon; Somebody wants to make fun of you? water will be perfect.

- and many more problems due to unexpected transformations.

I think I'd treat that as a curse. Mermaids are helpless on land and let's be honest, we spend most of our lives on the ground, thus it has way more cons, than pros.

Speaking of turning into mermaids, the same concept was used in H2O: Just Add Water, so I think I could say, that I'm aware of some of its pros and cons. :P 
WtvmtpT.png
Heh, I got ninja'd with that tv program. :D 

Yeah, I'm a fan of that show as well as its spin off sequel, "Mako Mermaids", a Netflix original! Mostly for the suspense of the characters keeping the secret. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Rikifive

Also in my scenario, with practice, a mermaid can keep water off of themselves and not expose their tails

What do you mean exactly? Something like a barrier? That wouldn't solve all the problems as you'd have to touch the water in some cases, to wash your hands, for example. :P 

1 minute ago, Rikifive said:

What do you mean exactly? Something like a barrier? That wouldn't solve all the problems as you'd have to touch the water in some cases, to wash your hands, for example. :P 

I did say in the OP "if enough water touches you", so technically, you'll be okay washing your hands, since it's not like being dumped with water.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:28 PM, GrimGrimoire said:

Go punch Aquaman in the tadpoles for being lame. Then go exploring!

Why didn't they ever think of that as a plot for H2O: Just Add Water? I love that show, but the Aquaman thing would have put it over the top. ^_^

• Brohoof 2