Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Widdershins's Alternative Forms

Widdershins

Because, if you know me by now, I can't leave a concept alone.

Widdershins, my Draconequusona, has lived a long life so it kind of stands to reason that you barely resemble what you once were in an earlier stage of life. Especially if you make a habit of replacing yourself as you age. When he was younger, he was notably more... the same fabric all the way through, so to speak. Something very akin to a ferret dragon or fox-dachshund. (For the sake of brevity, we can refer to the latter as a Fauxshund.) 

IMG_3813.jpg

My apologies for the clarity, I can only do so much via an Iphone camera. But hey, the fuzziness aids in this example! I had originally intended for all that "shading" to point out the fact that he's rather long-haired, but that just wound up making the lot of it so much darker. He/It used to be a more golden-brown, grain color.

His wings (back when he was supposed to have them) are entirely made of fur. As you can probably guess, they're not terribly good at flying with. He still has the long snout & ears, but nowhere near as cartoonishly exaggerated when he's attempted to recreate himself as he still only vaguely remembers. 

That needlessly specific, nigh-on scientific list of what little bits of different species I'm piecemealing together for this? Well... that might be playing into an idea I have... of potentially linking one franchise OC-sona with another franchise's one that is just as equally formative for me... but that's a story for another time.

Despite this being the first time I've drawn a paw, or foot for that matter, think I did rather well in doing widdle ferret claws... even if the quality is a bid too crummy to tell all that easily. I swear it wasn't that speckled when I was drawing it... Anyway!

As I did mention earlier, and in his bio page, Widdershins has replaced himself from cobbled together parts over un-kept-track-of-years. So, there is very little of his original form left now... even if that "Organic Material" does tend to be just as malleable as Draconequui tend to be. So... every Nightmare Night, Widdershins's takes the concept of dressing up both too far, and in the wrong way... and dresses down. Way down. Down to what solid parts of him still yet remain, held together by magic he's not entirely sure about. And so, unveiled perhaps a bit early for the Spooking Season and without further ado: I give you all: Organic Form!

IMG_3814.jpg

Have I mentioned that the White Coloring Pencil is probably my favorite?

Aye, while I hadn't originally intended for it to be scary, I was just loving the direction it was coming out as! Aye, that's pretty much just a solid column of violet magic rushing back and fourth through several "bone" pieces. A few details though I feel might bear explaining: There is pulsing orb lazily drifting through the body-column, a reference I have about the typical design of the tameable "Spirit Beasts" of Warcraft. Why i'm doing that reference isn't important. 

Secondly, that little bone-shard "erupting" out of the back of the skull is the ear base. It's just sort of levitating there. It, as usual, is sort of the most sensitive spot on him. Sort of the "Attack here for Massive Damage!" spot you tend to find on big, showy, video game bosses. 

And, before you ask, no, he's actually even less powerful like this then his usual undependable powers. Pretty much all he can do like this is wink out like a snuffed candle to leave his "bones" behind, and then "Relight" moments later. Sort of like a Haunted Chinese Parade Dragon. (SERIOUSLY! HOW IS THAT NOT A THING?!!? I tried googling up bone dragons and its always the Western species! Like Chain Bones aren't an impressive sight or something!)

And that's about it for now! Let me know of what any of you think, advice you may have or any questions!

...Hmm? Oh, yeah, there are tiny little black things worming out of the broken mouth of the skull. ...no, why would I tell you what they are? Wouldn't that be robbing the fun?

"...and who said "going Organic" was the healthiest thing to do? Hew-Hew-Hew~!"

• Brohoof 6