Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hopes for Season 8.

CastletonSnob

3 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Cosmos would be a perfect series villian. If they can, I would love to see either...Jason Issacs(The Patriot, Avatar The Last Airbender, Star Wars Revels) or Ron Perlman(Hellboy, Pacific Rim, Trollhunters) as the voice of Emperor Cosmos.

Plus this will give a chance for the sisters to have a character developments instead of sitting around in the castle, being capture, and letting others do the work for them. They both been training/doing for magic and defending "god knows what" enemies for 1000 yrs, you would thought they will deserves some sort of heroism in the show by now...

• Brohoof 2

I will very likely not watching it, considering all the factors, but I really hope it will be the last. The S7 might be great and has (at least for me) a rate of success of 100% so far, and the Movie might be amazing, but I can't help that the longer the show will go on, the more it will have to lose. I think that ending it before the situation derails is the best thing to, especially with that hype killer of Haber at the head of writing once again.

Edited by Sly

3 minutes ago, TBD said:

Plus this will give a chance for the sisters to have a character developments instead of sitting around in the castle, being capture, and letting others do the work for them. They both been training/doing for magic and defending "god knows what" enemies for 1000 yrs, you would thought they will deserves some sort of heroism in the show by now...

Agreed, and could tell why they left their homeland. Imagine the Alicorn Empire, something dark, militaristic, and Inperialist. Something like a combo of the Roman Empire and Spanish Inquisition forces, if they got someone with a voice like Perlman I can assure you he would be the most menacing of them, and represent everything the princesses stand against. (Imperialism, Superiority of one species, slavery) I would think a whole race of Alicorns would have this superiority mind set.

15 minutes ago, Theknightofdraconia said:

Agreed, and could tell why they left their homeland. Imagine the Alicorn Empire, something dark, militaristic, and Inperialist. Something like a combo of the Roman Empire and Spanish Inquisition forces, if they got someone with a voice like Perlman I can assure you he would be the most menacing of them, and represent everything the princesses stand against. (Imperialism, Superiority of one species, slavery) I would think a whole race of Alicorns would have this superiority mind set.

and imagine of hundred of army having a suit like these above? it would be definitely pretty serious threat right now and show how powerful their kingdom are. Not only that but Cosmos would be powerful enough not even the mae 6 can't beat him. it would have to be the sisters, that way they can avoid having the mane six saving theirs butt again.  I believe deep and intimate tone as these voice actors you mentioned, will surely shows  he  mean business. How i would imagine he will be a mixed of all the villains;  like king sombra (who lust for control) starlight before reform (not oppressing his people though darkness but by manipulation), Tierk (lust for power) and Queen chrysalis (lust for taking over the world). I think his army will be similar these past imperialisms  or an army close to dark medieval  feels to it.  

Since the s7 finale will be about introducing StarSwirl for the first time and going back 1000 yrs, I think this will be a opening to introduction of Cosmos for the next season.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, TBD said:

and imagine of hundred of army having a suit like these above? it would be definitely pretty serious threat right now and show how powerful their kingdom are. Not only that but Cosmos would be powerful enough not even the mae 6 can't beat him. it would have to be the sisters, that way they can avoid having the mane six saving theirs butt again.  I believe deep and intimate tone as these voice actors you mentioned, will surely shows  he  mean business. How i would imagine he will be a mixed of all the villains;  like king sombra (who lust for control) starlight before reform (not oppressing his people though darkness but by manipulation), Tierk (lust for power) and Queen chrysalis (lust for taking over the world). I think his army will be similar these past imperialisms  or an army close to dark medieval  feels to it.  

Since the s7 finale will be about introducing StarSwirl for the first time and going back 1000 yrs, I think this will be a opening to introduction of Cosmos for the next season.

Agreed. But if not, they have time.

Also, I feel that could help explain Spikes origins, like what if a scouting party of the Empire stole his egg from the dragon lands in hopes of getting a promotion by presenting a gift like a dragon egg to the Emperor. 

More backstory for Starlight.

Thorax and Pharanx help defeat Chrysalis.

Twilight grows another inch or two.

Considering the new friendship school plot line, I think it would be a great time to bring in bat ponies.

CMC-Starlight Glimmer episode, bonus if it's a map episode.

Spike growth spurt/grows his own wings.

Rainbow Dash-Wonderbolts episode, just them, no other main characters.

Lightning Dust becomes Starlight's next friend. I also want Nick Confalone to write that, he's done the other two friendship episodes, No Second Prances and Rock Solid Friendship.

Trixie-Maud episode.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/2/2017 at 7:29 PM, FirePuppy said:

Vapor Trail returning in Rainbow Dash's hopefully, ONLY episode of that season.

We get it. You want Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Twilight to stop being main characters.

Seriously, though. Why do you keep bringing this up?

6 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

We get it. You want Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Twilight to stop being main characters.

Seriously, though. Why do you keep bringing this up?

EXCUSE ME, young man, but I was just kidding about the "only episode" thing. The next time you accuse me of this, you're in BIG trouble.

I'll agree with everyone now, Rainbow Dash can have more episodes, just not an overwhelming amount of unsuitable ones like 28 Pranks Later.

Edited by FirePuppy

- Lightning Dust returns please

- Starlight interacting with the Remane 5, 2 seasons since she joined and her relationship with them still feels nonexistent(it's worse with S7 since she's more or less been the best part of S7 so far)

- Take a break from Rarijack please, there are plenty of interesting pairings they can do with these two and I'm just sick to death of these two always pairing up

- No more cannibalizing RD's episodes for Pinkie. S7 is an improvement over S6 for RD, but this is still really annoying, with both Daring Done and most likely Secrets and Pies wasting RD's appearances in favor of Pinkie Pie(worse considering S7 is already a Pinkie heavy season) on top of making the pair feel overdone

- Gonna add a Spitfire/Daring Do team-up episode. Seeing RD's two idols team up sounds like a fun idea with interesting kinds of conflict

EXCUSE ME, young man, but I was just kidding about the "only episode" thing. The next time you accuse me of this, you're in BIG trouble

Well 9 times out of 10 your so serious about this, whether it be AJ, RD, Rares or Twi that you have to be a complete buzzkill for everyone else
Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Well 9 times out of 10 your so serious about this, whether it be AJ, RD, Rares or Twi that you have to be a complete buzzkill for everyone else

I promise, I don't want to be serious about it anymore. The least I can do now is just hope for not too much overwhelming amounts of unsuitable episodes that most fans hated. They can have what they want, according to what other fans think, as long as it doesn't go too far.

Edited by FirePuppy

19 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

I would still LOVE to see the movie style animation being used for Season 8 instead....Agreed? 

Movie style animation would cost them so much more money. Especially when they have to remake all the assets that they haven't already drawn, like specific poses they can reuse, characters that they didn't include in the movie like Discord, and I'm pretty sure the backgrounds were made so that rather than a 2D camera looking at a 2D background, the setting is now in 3D with 2D characters being animated in there, so that means spending a lot more on backgrounds too and having to redo things like all the settings in Ponyville in CG.

Also the animation budget for the movie was probably already higher than a full season, and the run time of the movie is slightly less than only 5 full episodes of the show.

Well since I heard about Chrysalis coming back for revenge it is leaked that Discord will be in 2 episodes to my knowledge since John De Lancie said he was asked to voice for 2 episodes. Season 6 finale he was pissed about Chrysalis taking Fluttershy so he might be in this episode about her trying to mess her again in season 8 when she comes back for revenge so he might be in that episode which is a big chance because he would not just sit back and do nothing knowing she is coming for them and aka Fluttershy the only one he really cared about. So my guess is he will fight back again and find out this. how he finds out i have no clue if hes in the episode which i bet he is or whats gonna happen. Hopefully the season 8 wishlist is he rescues fluttershy this time get hers back and an episode to further his backstory maybe? 

-Spike getting over Rarity and hanging out w/ RD (+Scootaloo/CMCs?) more often. Has a lot more chemistry with them

-Scootaloo backstory

-Fillydelphia episode

-Less Trixie, more Maud

-I don't really have a strong opinion either way on Starlight, but I would like to see her drop her inferiority complex post-reformation and start becoming more of her own character. 

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

Entire Spike season. All Spike episodes. Spike adventure episodes. Spike of Life episodes. My Little Spike: Spike is Spike

but more seriously, Spike has grown but he still has a lot of relatively unexplored potential still for a character that's been off to the side of the show's spotlight since the beginning. Would like a couple more episodes where he gets put into more nonstandard team ups, gets more thought on his personal goals in things

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, n1029 said:

-Spike getting over Rarity and hanging out w/ RD (+Scootaloo/CMCs?) more often. Has a lot more chemistry with them

-Scootaloo backstory

-Fillydelphia episode

-Less Trixie, more Maud

-I don't really have a strong opinion either way on Starlight, but I would like to see her drop her inferiority complex post-reformation and start becoming more of her own character. 

Didn't Rainbow Dash have a supporting role in Dragon Quest?

By the way, I'd like to see more Maud as well, in an episode with both Pinkie and Fluttershy's families.

25 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Entire Spike season. All Spike episodes. Spike adventure episodes. Spike of Life episodes. My Little Spike: Spike is Spike

but more seriously, Spike has grown but he still has a lot of relatively unexplored potential still for a character that's been off to the side of the show's spotlight since the beginning. Would like a couple more episodes where he gets put into more nonstandard team ups, gets more thought on his personal goals in things

There's no way we're getting a season like that!

A Fluttershy episode where she is scared and has to overcome a fear.

Okay, not one of those again.

I would like to see her make new friends though - existing ones like Lyra, BonBon, Octavia and Vinyl. There could be an episode where she has to befriend them but can't find her place within the friendship circle. It's only after finding out that they all have friendship problems, where she shines and helps them.

Most of the things already discussed are things I'd like to see too, but I'd like to add the following:

Since we already had a Sparkle family epsiode last weekend, instead of a Sparkle family flashback in S8 (in the vein of Where the Apple Lies) like I originally envisioned it would be more focused on Shining and Spike. Shining needs more development and having a flashback where he shows off Spike to his O&O friends and becomes a popular curiosity (stealing time away from their gaming sessions in the process) which upsets Shining.

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Didn't Rainbow Dash have a supporting role in Dragon Quest?

Yeah, but she didn't get to do much of consequence. She, Twilight, and Rarity were all basically just there for moral support.

Without spoiling anything, I want what I saw in Shadow Play Part 1 expanded upon

Edited by n1029

On 10/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, Theknightofdraconia said:

Cosmos would be a perfect series villian. If they can, I would love to see either...Jason Issacs(The Patriot, Avatar The Last Airbender, Star Wars Revels) 

I'm up for Lucius Malfoy and Satan playing a pony villain :squee:

On 10/2/2017 at 4:09 PM, FirePuppy said:

Rumble got his turn to shine. Maybe Twist can do it too. And if she was a possible relative to the Pie family, well, I'd be surprised if we saw that.

Other than that, most of our hopes for this season probably won't come true like in every season, but at least we'll know next spring.

I believe there's a good reason for Twist not getting more than background appearances since the Cutie Pox back in S2: her VA has moved from Vancouver, and I think she may have even retired from voice acting as well :huh:

• Brohoof 1