Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hopes for Season 8.

CastletonSnob

Let's see:

1) Diamond Tiara has done literally nothing since her redemption. Give her an episode (or at least some kind of sufficient role!) in an episode this season! Silver Spoon, also, hasn't really been seen much since "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" two seasons ago!

2) Bring in Princess Skystar and Queen Novo: They are both unique/fun characters and I would love to learn more about the Hippogriff Kingdom!

3) An episode where the CMCs get in a major argument/temporarily break up as friends: Given that they are elementary or middle school-aged kids, I'm surprised this has never happened and how often they seem like a unified front (especially in comparison to the Mane Six, who seem to have way more arguments!)

4) An exploration of Pinkie's relationship with Marble Pie: I mean, they are twins for crying out loud! But Pinkie always refers to Maud as her "best sister friend." I wonder why that is and I think it would be interesting to see more of this dynamic.

5) An episode about Applejack thinking she is boring compared to the rest of the Mane 6 and going out of her way to prove otherwise: I've wanted something like this for awhile, just to address fan criticism. Plus, I would think that in universe AJ's reliable work-ethic and cool-headed demeanor might seem less flashy and exciting than OTT personalities like Pinkie. Plus, there is the fact that she is a typical Earth Pony with no special skills (in contrast to Twilight or RD).

6) Still want to see Shady, the super negative pony from the original G1 MLP. Maybe pair her up with Fluttershy and have a lesson about how you can't change someone's personality?

7) An episode with just Pinkie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash: Don't know why. Just like the dynamic between those three.

Edited by Carolina

- The CMC + DT&SS finishing pony school. (Getting teenage designs would be the best, but I seriously doubt they ever go there).

- Rarity+Coloratura episode at Manehattan.

- Starlight getting her own place in Ponyville.

- Spike getting over his crush on Rarity.

- Rainbow Dash promoted to vice-captain of the Wonderbolts.

- Return of Quibble Pants and/or Cheese Sandwich.

- Holder's Boulder turns out to be a dormant giant dragon's egg (with a strong development of Limestone hopefully!).

- Sunset Shimmer visits Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

I want to see Rarity's parents again, Scootaloo's parents for the first time, and Grand Pear. More family stuff really.

Also another Diamond Tiara episode. It's been way too long D: 

On 2017-10-12 at 2:08 PM, Carolina said:

Let's see:

1) Diamond Tiara has done literally nothing since her redemption. Give her an episode (or at least some kind of sufficient role!) in an episode this season! Silver Spoon, also, hasn't really been seen much since "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" two seasons ago!

2) Bring in Princess Skystar and Queen Novo: They are both unique/fun characters and I would love to learn more about the Hippogriff Kingdom!

3) An episode where the CMCs get in a major argument/temporarily break up as friends: Given that they are elementary or middle school-aged kids, I'm surprised this has never happened and how often they seem like a unified front (especially in comparison to the Mane Six, who seem to have way more arguments!)

4) An exploration of Pinkie's relationship with Marble Pie: I mean, they are twins for crying out loud! But Pinkie always refers to Maud as her "best sister friend." I wonder why that is and I think it would be interesting to see more of this dynamic.

5) An episode about Applejack thinking she is boring compared to the rest of the Mane 6 and going out of her way to prove otherwise: I've wanted something like this for awhile, just to address fan criticism. Plus, I would think that in universe AJ's reliable work-ethic and cool-headed demeanor might seem less flashy and exciting than OTT personalities like Pinkie. Plus, there is the fact that she is a typical Earth Pony with no special skills (in contrast to Twilight or RD).

6) Still want to see Shady, the super negative pony from the original G1 MLP. Maybe pair her up with Fluttershy and have a lesson about how you can't change someone's personality?

7) An episode with just Pinkie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash: Don't know why. Just like the dynamic between those three.

A major permanently break-up? HELL YES!

Lets see:

• More Discord episodes.
  • Backstory Luna and Celestia
  • Queen Chrysalis return (Never reformed)
  • Sombra return
  • Introducing Grogar
  • Spike gets a bigger role.
  • Focusses more on Starlight and Trixie.
  • Sunsets return. 
  • Brohoof 1

I want more episodes focused on the "New" Mane 6 (I know this is just a fanboy's concept) more interactions between each characters. We have especially saw Starlight/Trixie and Starlight/Sunburst, but i want to see more Starlight/Thorax, Trixie/Maud, and Discord/all). 

I want to see Diamond Tiara again

Chrysalis teaming up with a new villain 

More Iron Will, Gilda and Lightning Dust 

(I know that the editing is of low quality, please be indulgent 😂)

PicsArt_10-17-09.13.40.jpg

On 18-10-2017 at 2:13 AM, heavens-champion said:

Agreed except for Chrysalis not getting reformed. (Maybe she'll be more humble)

That's fine. I have an issue against reforming. Discord and Starlight are fine, but if the rest is reformed too the balance between evil and good will be totally off. :grin:

Edited by Hierok

For this 8 season, I would like to see:

-More Bright Mac/Pearl Butter (I just would like to know more about them)

-More Grand Pear

-New locations 

-More Flurry Heart

-Some villain return? (like King Sombra)

-More Discord

-Develop the Big Mac/Sugar Belle relationship. 

-More Spike development

I totally forgot to add this by my previous list.

On 17-10-2017 at 0:59 PM, Hierok said:

Lets see:

• More Discord episodes.
  • Backstory Luna and Celestia
  • Queen Chrysalis return (Never reformed)
  • Sombra return
  • Introducing Grogar
  • Spike gets a bigger role.
  • Focusses more on Starlight and Trixie.
  • Sunsets return. 
  • Songs with the orchestra. I really hope the songs will be as good as Disney songs with the orchestra. If we only get pop songs with orchestra I will be very disappointed. 

I can't stand all of these "New Mane 6" ideas. Why would the writers want to use them more frequently anyways?

Besides, Trixie and Sunburst only appeared in 4 episodes this season; Thorax only appeared in 3; and Maud and Discord, 2.

I wouldn't mind another four Starlight Glimmer focused episodes, though.

Edited by FirePuppy

For me:

I want to see more comics becoming canon (specifically FIENDship is Magic.)

I also want to see more comic characters appear in the show (specifically Shadowlock so he can interact with his ancestor Stygian in present time.)

Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria for a couple of episodes thanks to EQG being confirmed canon thanks to the Season 7 Finale.

Tempest Shadow also joining the show for a couple of episodes.

Pillars of Old Equestria readjusting into modern Equestria.

Tirek returns so Scorpan also appears.

Queen Chrysalis meets Starswirl (who according to the comics is the one that released the changelings into the world by accident.)

New villain for the finale instead of reused villain.

The new CMC from the MLP Chapter Books.

Maybe also a magic battle between Starlight and Starswirl to decide who is the most magical unicorn in Equestria (They are both confirmed to be slightly stronger than Twilight after all.)

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 1

The problem with any of the movie characters, as well as some of the bigger guest stars, is that those actors' salaries are probably significantly larger than the main cast. So it would be quite difficult. 

In any case, now that more episodes have passed, a few more hopes:

• Much more Cadance. Specifically in episodes where she's not tethered to the baby. I love Flurry Heart, but she's really limited her poor mother. 
  • Specifically, more of Starlight's kite fascination.
  • Also, generally different behaviour from Starlight. Less aggression and less self pity, but more insecurity and more unique traits. Including flaws which don't make her come across like she's unable to function in society. 
  • More development of the Cutie Mark Crusaders' unique interests. Despite all the setup in season 6, we haven't gotten to see much of what they do when they're not together or spending time with their sisters. 
  • More family episodes, especially ones for Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie. 
  • Less worldbuilding, or at least more development of the world which exists instead of piling more cliches onto it. 
  • Oh, and more Cadance. 

Selfishly I hope they don't integrate the movie into the canon that much because I want to be able to completely forget about it.

I wouldn't mind Sunset Shimmer making an appearance though because I do like her character even if I don't really care much for EQG.

Edited by n1029

I just finished the season 7 finale and just saw the movie andI loved both of them!  :D 

As for season 8, I hope for the following

-A background on how Applejack's parents passed (not likely, but hopeful!)

-Exploring Chrysalis' background

-See Flurry Heart as a filly

-Flash Sentry return?

-More Starlight interactions with the rest of the mane 6

-An Ember episode

-Sunset Shimmer episode

-Rainbow Dash takes over as leader of the Wonerbolts

-Exploring Celestia and Luna's background/origin

I'm totally not Jayson Thiessen leaking episodes btw...