Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hopes for Season 8.

CastletonSnob

- Starlight interacting with the Mane 6 more (maybe getting her own throne and/or element?)

- Checking in on Griffonstone

- CMC episode outside of Ponyville

- DIAMOND TIARA IN ANY ROLE OTHER THAN A NON-SPEAKING ONE (seriously!)

- Fillydelphia, Baltimare, Vanhoover or Trottingham shown for the first time. 

-New villain.

- Sunset Shimmer appearance.

- Scootaloo's family.

- Spike, Discord or Zecora's origins.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/20/2017 at 2:51 AM, FirePuppy said:

Not a chance. The Pony Tones haven't been around for at least 3 seasons.

Pony Tones ain't rock, and characters don't need to be part of musical group to sing a song. Rarity has always had the best songs. 

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

I’m still hoping for an episode when the CMC permanently give up on their Cutie Marks for good. Like they did it with the third X-Men movie.

I'm hoping that the X-Men will show up in Equestria and Iceman and Discord will develop a lasting bond deeper than friendship. 

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

I'm hoping that the X-Men will show up in Equestria and Iceman and Discord will develop a lasting bond deeper than friendship. 

That has NOTHING to do with X-Men, Jeric!

18 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

That has NOTHING to do with X-Men, Jeric!

Fine fine, but just you wait until Grand Admiral Thrawn shows up in the Season 8 finale to go up against Gummy in an amazing contest of tactical geniuses. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Fine fine, but just you wait until Grand Admiral Thrawn shows up in the Season 8 finale to go up against Gummy in an amazing contest of tactical geniuses. 

And Captain Pellaeon and Pinkie will share some popcorn on the sidelines.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, MAIKUN said:

And some references to Kingdom Hearts II would also be nice...I mean, Starlight is Twilight's other half after all. Just like Roxas as Sora's Nobody. 

We've also had villains who could possess people (NMM), time-travel (Starlight), etc. -- just like Aizen Xehanort.

- Another episode where Starlight Glimmer interacts with any of the Remane 5 (maybe even a map episode, although not preferably). 

- The Cutie Map calling a non-main character. Preferably Trixie, Sunburst, the CMC or Maud. The map probably has a rule against it, but has the Cutie Map ever really made that much sense to begin with?

- At least two episodes about the CMC actually doing something with their new roles. One episode a season ain't gonna cut it. They're too interesting for that now.

- More hippogriffs.

- An episode where the cast visit Abyssinia.

- More character development for Sunburst.

- Cheese Sandwich returning.

- Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria.

- (if the schedule allows it, unlikely but who knows?) An April Fools' episode about Flurry Heart becoming the most powerful alicorn ever and Angel Bunny becoming the Princess of Friendship.

- Another, more lighthearted Celestia focus episode with more comedy.

- An episode told from Gummy's point of view.

- An explanation of how the Cutie Map actually works. Explaining it three seasons after its introduction is better than never explaining it at all.

- Another episode focusing on Limestone and Marble.

- An episode pairing Starlight and the CMC.

- An actual Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon focus episode.

- More good speaking roles for Fluttershy.

- An episode about Spike performing his duties as an ambassador to the dragon lands.

- More focus on the lives of the Pillars of Old Equestria, possibly with a humourous tone.

- Related to the above, Star Swirl the Bearded attending a Star Swirl convention with Twilight.

- Tirek not being reformed.

- Chrysalis not being reformed.

Long list, I know, but any five of those points fulfilled and I'd be one satisfied horse.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

- Another episode where Starlight Glimmer interacts with any of the Remane 5 (maybe even a map episode, although not preferably). 

- The Cutie Map calling a non-main character. Preferably Trixie, Sunburst, the CMC or Maud. The map probably has a rule against it, but has the Cutie Map ever really made that much sense to begin with?

- At least two episodes about the CMC actually doing something with their new roles. One episode a season ain't gonna cut it. They're too interesting for that now.

- More hippogriffs.

- An episode where the cast visit Abyssinia.

- More character development for Sunburst.

- Cheese Sandwich returning.

- Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria.

- (if the schedule allows it, unlikely but who knows?) An April Fools' episode about Flurry Heart becoming the most powerful alicorn ever and Angel Bunny becoming the Princess of Friendship.

- Another, more lighthearted Celestia focus episode with more comedy.

- An episode told from Gummy's point of view.

- An explanation of how the Cutie Map actually works. Explaining it three seasons after its introduction is better than never explaining it at all.

- Another episode focusing on Limestone and Marble.

- An episode pairing Starlight and the CMC.

- An actual Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon focus episode.

- More good speaking roles for Fluttershy.

- An episode about Spike performing his duties as an ambassador to the dragon lands.

- More focus on the lives of the Pillars of Old Equestria, possibly with a humourous tone.

- Related to the above, Star Swirl the Bearded attending a Star Swirl convention with Twilight.

- Tirek not being reformed.

- Chrysalis not being reformed.

Long list, I know, but any five of those points fulfilled and I'd be one satisfied horse.

Don't forget a party episode where Pinkie throws one for the Crusaders in celebration of their formation's anniversary. There hasn't been a party themed episode since at least Season 4 or 5. An episode like this can also show us the Crusaders' best moments and memories in flashback sequences. I've seen this done on Arthur once.

Edited by FirePuppy

So we have Chrysalis in the S8 premiere, and Tirek is returning in season 8 as well. I have to wonder if there's something being hinted at here. Seeing some sort of chemistry between Chrysalis & Tirek has plenty of potential to be interesting.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

So we have Chrysalis in the S8 premiere, and Tirek is returning in season 8 as well. I have to wonder if there's something being hinted at here. Seeing some sort of chemistry between Chrysalis & Tirek has plenty of potential to be interesting.

Seeing as we just got the original elements of harmony back, would it be too far fetched for a league of villains to arrive to up the ante?

While we're a bit low on old villains of the epic class, there's still potentially Sombra to revive, you could toss in Ahuizotal, and then you'd only need two more to reach 6 (assuming symmetry is the goal)

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Seeing as we just got the original elements of harmony back, would it be too far fetched for a league of villains to arrive to up the ante?

While we're a bit low on old villains of the epic class, there's still potentially Sombra to revive, you could toss in Ahuizotal, and then you'd only need two more to reach 6 (assuming symmetry is the goal)

Hmm... perhaps add Grogar? He was mentioned in 'A Flurry of Emotions' and was the most badass goat tyrant in history, so that'd be logical.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I can imagine Tirek betraying Chrysalis, and Chrysalis gets her magic drained.

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

I can imagine Tirek betraying Chrysalis, and Chrysalis gets her magic drained.

I can as well, though the writers would have to be careful or else it's a carbon copy of Discord's role in "Twilight's Kingdom."

• Brohoof 1

On 10/23/2017 at 6:03 PM, Princess Book Horse said:

- Starlight interacting with the Mane 6 more (maybe getting her own throne and/or element?)

this is all i really want for season 8 starlight finally being seen as the true 7th beyond that i'll be happy with anything.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I can as well, though the writers would have to be careful or else it's a carbon copy of Discord's role in "Twilight's Kingdom."

The one major difference is Chrysalis would have no have been reformed, at all, but yeah, they'd need a bit more depth to it. 

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Ganondox said:

The one major difference is Chrysalis would have no have been reformed, at all, but yeah, they'd need a bit more depth to it. 

True. Question is, how do they do it without making it look like a copy of Tirek betraying Discord.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Spoiler

They could have Chrysalis not get reformed in the episode to make things different.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

For the love of Equestria, all I ever wanted is an episode when the CMC permanently become Blank Flanks again by giving up on their Cutie Marks for good. 

Uh, why would they do that?

• Twilight and Applejack episode
  • Starlight and Spike episode
  • Celestia and Luna's past as a spiritual sequel to The Perfect Pear
  • Check up on Star Swirl and at least one of the pillars
  • A musical episode (Rainbow Dash or Rarity this time)
  • Coloratura
  • Applejack solo episode without her family or Sweet Apple Acres
  • Diamond Tiara
  • Marble Pie and Limestone Pie
  • Earth Pony/Pegasus main villain (probably won't happen this season)
  • Celesta/Luna saving the day
  • Anypony except Twilight/Starlight/Spike saving the day
  • More comic tie-ins
  • Maintain this season's quality
  • Badlands/Fillydelphia