Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What's your overall thoughts on season 7?

Firedog

Season 7 definitely is one of the best seasons for me. I like the overall direction with continuity and references to the older seasons and character development. One thing though, season 7 does introduces several new characters and their respective past stories/legends in which none of the other seasons had ever even attempted. Mistmane being the most alluding tale and personal favorite really makes this particular season stand out for me. With the addition of some really great episodes and memorable moments like "A Royal Problem" and finally the humble introduction of the Apple Parents in "The Perfect Pear",  I think it's a great season in the amount of content and quality that the show delivers. 

IMO the most consistent season yet so far, beating even the S4 and 5 (which are really consistent per say, but, you know, Rainbow Falls, Somepony to Watch Over Me, Princess Spike and What About Discord....). Now things are gonna get calmed down until the finale, as the next four eps are gonna be simple slice of life eps.

To me it kinda ranks in the middle maybe. I think I like it better than the older seasons just by how much more interesting the premises are and how much development the world of Equestria has gotten, but I feel like some episodes in the beginning of the season kinda drag it down. It did get significantly better by the second half of the season, but I feel kinda like my excitement for the series has worn down a bit as of this season, so it's not as good (or at least, exciting) as seasons 4 and 5, or even 6 (which a lot of people say was kinda the low point of the series?). Even so, it's pretty hard to top seasons 4 and 5, IMO. \

At the same time, seasons 1 and 2 really pack a nostalgia punch whenever I revisit them. My first days of bronydom were a pretty good time. :)

This is my top 20

1. The Perfect Pair
  2. Fame and Misfortune
  3. Discordant Harmony
  4. Celestial Advice
  5. Campfire Tales
  6. To Change A Changeling
  7. Fluttershy Leans in
  8. All Bottled Up
  9. A Royal Problem
  10. A Health Of Information
  11. Parental Glideance
  12. A Flurry Of Emotions
  13. It Isn't The Mane Thing About You
  14. Hard to Say Anything
  15. Rock Solid Friendship
  16. Triple Threat
  17. Not Asking for Trouble
  18. Daring Done
  19. Forever Fillie
  20. Honest Apple

The border between good and bad episodes is between Rocksolid Friendships and Triple Threat.

So my favourite seasons are ordered in this particular order.

1. Season 2
  2. Season 1
  3. Season 7
  4. Season 4
  5. Season 3
  6. Season 5
  7. Season 6
Edited by Hierok

I think season 7 has hit a few home runs this time around and it seems it's also been taking some chances it might have not a few seasons ago!  We've seen them tackles some issues/questions that have been laid out on the table from the early seasons by watchers!   Along with some eps that have made some fans go "what" after watching them,  which did not hit that right note in the musical! 

This season is what I call a mixed bag of things!   We've been given some eps that fans have been theorizing over for a while!  Also, ones that pulled our heartstrings in the example of the 'Perfect Pear"  with the Apple Siblings learning about their parents and etc.  I mean even I got all the feelings from this one and watched it twice!  (Which is rare for me to do these days).  Then we got the meh eps like this season-opening which I kinda felt was weak in a few spots! Some eps we got a good flash of side cannons in such as Maud and Changlings!  Throw in some really good Glimmer moments with the Royal Sisters just was killer in the chance the writers took on that one!

It's been if anything,  a fun season!

• 4 years later...