Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Synopsis for the finale.

CastletonSnob

40 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I'm kind of betting on a "Mutual kill" kind of imprisonment here; I figure the six ponies of legend being imprisoned ALSO imprisoned the pony of shadows, or at least sealed him away heavily (so he couldn't really do much physically in normal reality). After all, the pony of shadows hasn't exactly been wrecking stuff up in the interim thousand years since the other legends dissapeared, yeah?
Kind of figure that Twilight might have a bit of a "nice job breaking it hero" moment in that her saving the other six are why the pony of shadows is able to manifest once again to threaten equestria.

Of course, this begs the question: What will happen to the LEGENDS after this? are they still going to be around? New secondary characters? Or maybe they pull a heroic sacrifice to stop the pony of shadows and fade away as well? (Or maybe starswirl uses his time travel magic to head back 1000 years again with them afterwards)

Your idea is probably true, though that would mean the villain would only feature for part 2, which would kinda suck but they could make it work.

8 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Not if they find them *literally* frozen in that realm, not unlike the hearthwarming eve tale

Could be. I rather see them trapped in their own magic/dream. 

I still hope Grogar is the villain and the pony of shadows his servant or ally. :twi:

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm glad the Season 7 Finale will focus on the Mane 6 this time around. 

I'm starting to like Starlight Glimmer more now but, it just felt weird not having the Season 6 Finale focus on

Twilight Sparkle or the Mane 6 as a group, IMO.

Honestly, it made it feel like a totally different show.

11 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

That Wakfu flashback ...

Which scene are you getting flashbacks from? The one where Qilby is trapped in another dimension?

• Brohoof 1

giphy.gif

My Hopes for the Pony of Shadows:

• Gender - Male
    • We already have a large cast of female pony villains, so why not have a male pony villain. Sombra doesn't really count in my opinion because he didn't really interact with the main six, either verbally or physically. And the Flim Flam Brothers are antagonists, not villains.
  • Pony Species - Non-Unicorn
    • Don't get me wrong, unicorns are great to an extent. But the writers have overused unicorns as villains. I would die to have a villain not be a unicorn. Plus if the Pony of Shadows is either an earth pony or pegasus, it would be more impressive for them to have entrapped Starswirl and the other
  • Powers - ???
    • I'm honestly not really sure about this topic. I guess it depends on whether or not the Pony of Shadows is its own species, if the pony is cursed, or if they obtained some power on their own to turn into shadows. I really don't know. Any of those options I listed would work for me.
  • Location of Confrontation - Castle of the Two Sisters
    •  

Who are the Pillars of Old Equestria supposed to be? I'm thinking that they are the legend ponies introduced earlier in the season. It would just make sense to give the audience a little background on the characters before the finale.

Celestia and Luna better get some good reunion scenes with Starswirl, when he is released from captivity. I mean, they have a lot more history together than Twilight does. 

When it comes to the Pony of Shadows I am really hoping it DOES NOT turn out to be King Sombra coming back. Sombra is Shadow in Spanish. (Is there a connection there? Maybe...) It would just be a huge flop for me. King Sombra has already had his chance, like twice, and he doesn't need another. Sombra is DEAD to me!

16 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Well, with the Mane Six episodes going on, Starlight Glimmer's chance of being a main character is getting more unclear now.

But the synopsis doesn't even point to anything that excludes Starlight. It doesn't say mane six, it say Twilight and her friends. Starlight is Twilight's friend, so she could very well be involved in the plot just like the others are.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Marimo said:

But the synopsis doesn't even point to anything that excludes Starlight. It doesn't say mane six, it say Twilight and her friends. Starlight is Twilight's friend, so she could very well be involved in the plot just like the others are.

I think mirror magic is a big reason alot of people are thinking she won't be around, due to the "I'm here because twilight's off on a friendship mission with the others" thing.

23 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Whoa, we actually are going to finally meet Starswirl?! That takes my excitement of the finale up several notches. Sounds like this is going to open a bunch of lore too. Feels weird that it is going to premiere a few weeks after the movie, but this is easily the most excited I have been for a finale in years. That makes me happy. :D

I had figured out that Starswirl was going to show up there. He was the first pony featured in Legends of Magic, but he's the only one who lacks an episode this season. Considering he's parallel to Twi, I thought they'll pull the same thing as Twilight Kingdom 

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I think mirror magic is a big reason alot of people are thinking she won't be around, due to the "I'm here because twilight's off on a friendship mission with the others" thing.

That's plausible, but odd because the way Starlight acted in Mirror Magic made that Friendship thing feel like a low-key event and not some crazy Equestria changing moment like finding Starswirl or having to fight some big bad Equestria villain. I fully expect Starlight to play a role if only because Sunburst is in Part 1 and Uncommon Bond should help set up the finale. 

22 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

Wow, never guessed they where going this way with this. Ever since the Nightmare Night episode from 6 years ago, people have speculated long about Starswirl.

This can either be really great or really bad, considering people have waited a long time for this moment.

Funny that yet another long overdue fandom demand took this long to be answered. Still, better late than never. At this point, I think we'll see alicorns and bat ponies soon :D 

22 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Hmm. the original actor is sadly no longer with us, but his replacement might be an option...

I doubt it. First, from what's shown in secondary canon (comics, mainly), he's more like Disney's Sword in the Stone Merlin. Wise, but also funny and eccentric. I'm not sure if Dumbeldore fits. Not to mention that a big shot like him voicing ponies would have been announced, like Felicia Day and William Shatner 

22 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

BTW, when it comes to Starswirls voice, i would like Ian Mckellen, the man who played Gandalf in Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

Of course, just wishful thinking though. :P

I would prefer Patrick Stewart, so at least we'll have Cap Picard in a world where Q is already there. Then again, like I've mentioned, big shots like those voicing ponies would have been announced a while ago if they where working there

21 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm glad the Season 7 Finale will focus on the Mane 6 this time around. 

I'm starting to like Starlight Glimmer more now but, it just felt weird not having the Season 6 Finale focus on

Twilight Sparkle or the Mane 6 as a group, IMO.

I also like Starlight, but she already got her time to shine last season. Plus with the legends being parallels to the Mane6, Starswirl would be parallel to Twi

21 hours ago, Jeric said:

Aye. We have had long waited for moments nail it (Crusaders or the Lost Mark and Perfect Pear) and some fail to impress (Newbie Dash). 

That said this is partially written by Nicole Dubec and she knows how to craft epic in animated stories. Haber will likely bring his finale A game (I enjoyed his finales). 

I'm not worried about this one. 

Due to the run time, I anticipate no more than Twilight's Kingdom level interaction, maybe involving using the items to bring them back in part 1. One for each of the Mane Six and one for Starlight and one for Sunburst.

One way to to incorporate all Six  fairly is if Twilight and company will have to convince them to fight the Pony of Shadows, or if freeing them actually releases the Pony of Shadows pissing the Legends off. 

I also think Twi will have more focus. Each other one of the Mane6 already shone with their parallels with the legendary ponies, with only Twi and Starswirl left. Considering something similar happened in Twilight Kingdom back in S4, I think they'll follow the same basic formula 

21 hours ago, Hierok said:

Didn't Starswirl die a long time ago? Or is he an immortal alicorn. :grin:

This ruines my headcanon! Noooooooo!

Haven't read any of the Legends of Magic comics (waiting for the bundle, ea$ier to $tore and cheaper :D ). But the preview of issue 1 (focusing partly on Starswirl), he mentioned the importance for the sisters to be ready in case he vanished for some reason. Plus the Journal of the Two sisters mention he banished, but heavily presumed to be still alive 

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I fully expect Starlight to play a role if only because Sunburst is in Part 1 and Uncommon Bond should help set up the finale. 

I just realized does that mean we actually are kind of getting a three part finale considering Sunburst's development in Uncommon Bond is probably going to tie into his appearance in the finale?:o

Edited by KH7672
Weird double post
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

That's plausible, but odd because the way Starlight acted in Mirror Magic made that Friendship thing feel like a low-key event and not some crazy Equestria changing moment like finding Starswirl or having to fight some big bad Equestria villain. I fully expect Starlight to play a role if only because Sunburst is in Part 1 and Uncommon Bond should help set up the finale. 

Could just be that twilight and the others didn't realize the scope of the issue until after they'd left and never wrote back to starlight to say "OH CRAP, THIS IS ACTUALLY HUGE!"

16 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Could just be that twilight and the others didn't realize the scope of the issue until after they'd left and never wrote back to starlight to say "OH CRAP, THIS IS ACTUALLY HUGE!"

She could be in Part 1 and not in Part 2 using that concept, yes. And I could see a situation where the map calls the Mane Six to the Crystal Empire where Sunburst is with Starlight. I just think the "Lost in Time" spell was a little too on the nose to have her be absent. Perhaps she is involved in bringing them all back and then Legends all basically go their separate ways making everyone think all is ok. 

Until Part 2. 

12 hours ago, Valeska said:

When it comes to the Pony of Shadows I am really hoping it DOES NOT turn out to be King Sombra coming back. Sombra is Shadow in Spanish. (Is there a connection there? Maybe...) It would just be a huge flop for me. King Sombra has already had his chance, like twice, and he doesn't need another. Sombra is DEAD to me!

Honestly if it turns out that the Pony of Shadows is indeed King Sombra then I would be legitimately surprised; and that's coming from someone who considers Sombra best villain and best overall pony. I mean if the finale synopsis is as it says it is, then how does "The Crystal Empire" make sense in the end? I would love for Sombra to make an appearance, but as it stands I don't see it happening.

• Brohoof 3

I hope the pillars that the synopsis refers to are the original bearers of the elements of harmony. That is what I am thinking. I am also thinking that the "pillars" were Celestias friends, and Celestia was that time eras element of Magic, or maybe star swirl was. 

12 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Haven't read any of the Legends of Magic comics (waiting for the bundle, ea$ier to $tore and cheaper :D ). But the preview of issue 1 (focusing partly on Starswirl), he mentioned the importance for the sisters to be ready in case he vanished for some reason. Plus the Journal of the Two sisters mention he banished, but heavily presumed to be still alive.

I need to read those comics sometimes. Spoilers are the best. :3

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

I sense betrayal in this one...It could be Starlight....I'm sure she might betray the Mane Six by going back to her EVIL ways...

She will not betray them and the reason is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

because she is just part of the mane 6 in the season 8 animatic.

• Brohoof 2

On 2017-09-22 at 4:19 PM, Hierok said:

She will not betray them and the reason is in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

because she is just part of the mane 6 in the season 8 animatic.

Yeah it’s going to happen for sure! She is still evil alright!

The more I think on this, the more excited I get for this finale. It really has the potential to be the best yet, new full on villain (haven't really had one since season 4 finale) return of Starswirl, conclusion of a story arc. 

At first I was worried that the Pony of Shadows wouldn't show up until part 2 which would make him feel less epic due to less time, but I think of how Toffee was handled in The Battle For Mewni and he really only had 22 minutes in that 4 parter so... yeah, faith kinda restored there.

On ‎22‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 8:21 PM, MAIKUN said:

I sense betrayal in this one...It could be Starlight....I'm sure she might betray the Mane Six by going back to her EVIL ways...

What...just no. Starlight turning evil again would not make any sense and would be stupid. It would mean that all the development and progress she got the past seasons was for nothing

• Brohoof 2